Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Could you just take pictures of each page so I can read them now?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I poked through the thread, and didn't see the Slipcased S/L of "Adventures in the Dream Trade". I currently have this listed in Collectible Classifieds thread, if anyone's interested in making a offer, but I figured I might as well post pictures here for those who haven't seen it:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Stardust Deluxe Signed Edition is up for preorder at Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Stardust-Editi...5534974&sr=8-1
    I just ordered a copy of this via Subterranean Press' website.

Since Amazon packs books so poorly, I didn't want to risk smashed corners, etc. and have to deal with the risk of sending things back, etc.

No Amazon discount, but the peace of mind is worth it on collectible book purchases.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon has been better lately. I think I'll take my chances for now. I read that Neil signed 1000 signature pages, so I don't think there will be any shortage of books. If Amazon screws up, I'm sure I'll find it somewhere else for issue price.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've posted this in the other two threads on the site where it would be applicable, but to remain on topic for this thread... um... I sure hope they do a limited edition!

For the Sandman fans out there, on the 25th anniversary of the first issue, Gaiman has big news for us:

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Threadless Shirts (google it) have printed up a short story by Geiman in a series of 4 t-shirts. They're pretty expensive ($25 each) but seem to be nicer quality than Teefury.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any completist here?
    An essay from by Neil is available in the 2013 edition of Writers & Artists : yearbook.

Among other writers are also Terry Pratchett & JK Rowling.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Writers-Ar...3&tag=csk21-20
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got this today - Coraline 10th Anniversary S/L Edition:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the look of that a lot...and love the story.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Eric!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got this today - Coraline 10th Anniversary S/L Edition:

Very Nice !!

Would you share where you acquired it?

Karl

Country
    Country Flag

I got it from Amazon.uk. I preordered it in December, so I don't know if they have anymore. There is an unsigned edition as well.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My Stories - Neal Gaiman & Al Sarrantinio signed limited
    with custom made blue slipcased

All what i wanted. A plain simple blue slipcase.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got this from Hatchards:

Hatchards Special Editions

Hatchards is pleased to announce that we are now taking advance orders for the following special edition:

Coraline by Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Chris Riddell - £25

There is something strange about Coraline's new home. It's not the mist, or the cat that always seems to be watching her, nor the signs of danger that Miss Spink and Miss Forcible, her new neighbours, read in the tea leaves. It's the other house - the one behind the old door in the drawing room. Another mother and father with black-button eyes and papery skin are waiting for Coraline to join them there. And they want her to stay with them. For ever. She knows that if she ventures through that door, she may never come back.

Neil Gaiman, author, scriptwriter and creator of graphic novels, is British and lives in the USA. His diverse catalogue of books includes the novel The Graveyard Book, winner of the Carnegie Medal 2010 and Booktrust Teenage Prize 2009, Stardust (made into a major feature film), the bestselling novel for young readers Coraline (made into a major 3D-animated film), and the picture book The Wolves in the Walls, which was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Medal.
    Chris Riddell is a much loved illustrator and acclaimed political cartoonist. He has won the Nestle Gold Award and two Kate Greenaway Medals. He is co-creator of the hugely successful New York Times bestseller the Edge Chronicles.

This special 10th anniversary edition is signed by both author and illustrator and presented in a slipcase.

This title will be available in August.

If you would like to place an advance order for the above title then please telephone 020 7439 9921 and ask to speak to the Children's Department or visit the Special Editions section of our website, www.hatchards.co.uk.
    I just ordered a copy.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that too, but Amazon still has 2 left for £19.99 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coraline-Nei...3244208&sr=1-2. Funny that Hatchard's is preordering while Amazon is selling it. Plus, Amazon packed the book nice and it arrived unharmed.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Is it the s/l that link goes to?

Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is - the unsigned edition is 7.79

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw that too, but Amazon still has 2 left for £19.99 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coraline-Nei...3244208&sr=1-2. Funny that Hatchard's is preordering while Amazon is selling it. Plus, Amazon packed the book nice and it arrived unharmed.
    I ordered a copy. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Neil is FINALLY writing a new novel - from his FB page:

"Psst. The title of my new novel for adults, which will be published in the US and the UK in the summer of 2013, is The Ocean at the End of the Lane."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I ordered a copy. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    My copy arrived last night. I have not yet removed the shrinkwrap, but the book shipped perfectly fine. Thank you, Amazon UK!

Looking forward to Gaiman's new book next summer, Eric. Thanks for posting about it!

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Would anyone have any idea of the value for the lettered version of the Subterranean's The Graveyard Book?
    Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Good question - the limiteds are listed for 600-750 on ABE, but not selling. I think I paid around 350 for my numbered copy, so maybe the lettered is somewhere around 800-1000? I'm not very good at the whole valuation thing.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post
    Would anyone have any idea of the value for the lettered version of the Subterranean's The Graveyard Book?
    Thanks!
    Is there any difference between the limited and the lettered? Besides, the "letter", of course, but in the binding? Never seen one.

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post
    Thanks!
    Is there any difference between the limited and the lettered? Besides, the "letter", of course, but in the binding? Never seen one.

Ron
    Limited: 500 numbered copies, bound in cloth and marbled paper, slipcased, signed by author and artist.

Lettered: 26 copies, signed by author and artist, hand bound in the finest materials, with an original remarque by Dave McKean in each copy, housed in a custom traycase.

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Eric,
    Thanks so much for the info!!
    Any idea what the original price was on the lettered? I thought it was around $1000 but can't find it listed anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast