Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3134

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I have a McNally Jackson package sitting here
    they must really like you … but how do you flirt with an online order?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    It takes skills you can't possibly understand Chad!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Placed my order 10/24 so hopefully I'll be fine.

Still looking for signed copy of The Sleeper and the Spindle - does anyone knows where to find one ?
    someone asked Neil on Twitter if there was signed edition of The Sleeper a little while ago. his reply was 'not yet'

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Collectors edition of Hansel and Gretel on sale today:

http://www.toon-books.com/hansel-and...s-edition.html
    I opted out in the end. As much is it looks a lovely edition, with postage to the UK it exceeds $200 which in my opinion was a lot for a 56 page book!
    I can see passing due to the overall cost, but I try not do do a "price per page count" valuation when buying a book. A beautiful, well-made "smaller" book wins out over a 800 behemoth that just has a signature page in it.

My copy has already been shipped out from NY - probably get here in a day or two

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

M
    It takes skills you can't possibly understand Chad!
    I can only imagine - not sure what i did - since I too had a package from Jackson today as well when I got home. Looks nice. And at same time my signed copy of temptation arrived as well. And most importantly - I found out the empty conduit from my main box actually ran to our front hill side - so we don't have to dig a ton to get power to our gate �� - only need to dig a little ways under some dirt - still a huge savings.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Collectors edition of Hansel and Gretel on sale today:

http://www.toon-books.com/hansel-and...s-edition.html
    I opted out in the end. As much is it looks a lovely edition, with postage to the UK it exceeds $200 which in my opinion was a lot for a 56 page book!
    I can see passing due to the overall cost, but I try not do do a "price per page count" valuation when buying a book. A beautiful, well-made "smaller" book wins out over a 800 behemoth that just has a signature page in it.

My copy has already been shipped out from NY - probably get here in a day or two
    I certainly hope it looks nice - but I'll definitely stop with these 3 copies of this one. I love Melinda - and that's a tiny book (well in page count) too.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine today

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Got mine today
    So was yours covered in "packaging dust"? The envelope thing they put it in was crazy!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine today
    So was yours covered in "packaging dust"? The envelope thing they put it in was crazy!
    i didn't notice any - seemed pretty clean

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my deluxe Hansel and Gretel. The book is the same as the regular deluxe edition with the die-cut cover, with the tipped in limitation page signed by Neil and the artist. Also has a nice silk screened print signed by the artist and has the same number as the book. All stored in a very nice box. I'm happy with it.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't keep up with Neil...

http://www.sixteenlegs.com/product-p/009.htm

Sixteen Legs - Book Combo - Limited Deluxe Edition. Limited to 200 sales: your name will be printed in the 'Queen of the Dark' book as a special supporter, and you will get a copy of both books signed by Neil Gaiman and the key contributors. $100

Country
    Country Flag

Sixteen Legs - Book Combo - Limited Deluxe Edition. Limited to 200 sales: your name will be printed in the 'Queen of the Dark' book as a special supporter, and you will get a copy of both books signed by Neil Gaiman and the key contributors. $100
    Photo book about spiders with Neil providing some text - this type of thing may interest others, but I'll pass.

I really do appreciate you and everyone else posting these books when they come available. I don't know how you guys find these titles.

Country
    Country Flag

Photo book about spiders with Neil providing some text - this type of thing may interest others, but I'll pass.

I really do appreciate you and everyone else posting these books when they come available. I don't know how you guys find these titles.
    I agree - the info from everyone on signed books has been incredible - I think this is the single best site to gather all of this information. Especially Shac lately - great job finding these.

As an aside - things from another world cancelled my preorder of last temptation - seriously - these guys do not allow you to cancel a preorder - so they have an accurate count of the books they get in and close their preorders off early based upon their expected supply - then they couldn't fullfil my order and sent an I'm sorry email - wtf? Glad when I saw their delay I ordered a copy from cheap graphic novels.

Lastly - the next two books I'll be looking for are signed spindles and trigger warning - trigger warning being the bigger one to find

Country
    Country Flag

You don't want to learn about the cave spider and possibly win a trip to Tasmania? Come on that sounds like fun
    Too many bills for me - I'm taking a pass as well.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The best source for his upcoming collectibles etc. is his Twitter. That's where I found the link for Easton Stardust. It seems like he posts info about some new collectible every day.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree - the info from everyone on signed books has been incredible - I think this is the single best site to gather all of this information. Especially Shac lately - great job finding these.
    Thank you guys. It's my pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The best source for his upcoming collectibles etc. is his Twitter. That's where I found the link for Easton Stardust. It seems like he posts info about some new collectible every day.
    You are correct - he is mainly using Twitter to communicate and post about his signings.

I was on the fence about the book I posted. After your comments - I'll pass as well.

On a side note (I'm sure you already have it, but just in case...) - SP still has 7 copies of S/L Smoke and Mirrors - http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...ke_and_mirrors

Country
    Country Flag

Well here's one answer to trigger warning signing:

Hi, this is Tavia from William Morrow, Neil's US publisher. This post is for US indie booksellers. I see lots of enthusiasm about THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE bookselling competition, and so we wanted to let US indie bookstores know that if you'd like to join the competition, you just need to contact your HarperCollins sales rep to sign up and get promotional materials for your store (we designed a flyer and an image for the web).

Neil first posted about this competition here: https://www.facebook.com/neilgaiman/...52420077926016
    There's a competition that's just started. I'm the prize. It's for independent US bookshops who want to host the one and only TRIGGER WARNING signing in February.

The contest is to see who can sell the most copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane in the run-up to the holidays.

I'm not going to comment on the lack of competing bookstores in Hawaii. I will say that if you are planning to give copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane as holiday gifts, you could always get them from one of these shops, and increase the odds of me turning up to do a signing in February.

(And if you are sad because there is no-one competing near you, you can also suggest to your local independent bookshop that they might want to take part. I'll update the list as we go.)

There are about 15 stores in the competition - and there's one in Bethlehem and San fran (keep fingers crossed). Hopefully once winner is announced we can call and preorder a signed copy. Just have to follow facebook and update

Country
    Country Flag

Well here's one answer to trigger warning signing:

Hi, this is Tavia from William Morrow, Neil's US publisher. This post is for US indie booksellers. I see lots of enthusiasm about THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE bookselling competition, and so we wanted to let US indie bookstores know that if you'd like to join the competition, you just need to contact your HarperCollins sales rep to sign up and get promotional materials for your store (we designed a flyer and an image for the web).

Neil first posted about this competition here: https://www.facebook.com/neilgaiman/...52420077926016
    There's a competition that's just started. I'm the prize. It's for independent US bookshops who want to host the one and only TRIGGER WARNING signing in February.

The contest is to see who can sell the most copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane in the run-up to the holidays.

I'm not going to comment on the lack of competing bookstores in Hawaii. I will say that if you are planning to give copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane as holiday gifts, you could always get them from one of these shops, and increase the odds of me turning up to do a signing in February.

(And if you are sad because there is no-one competing near you, you can also suggest to your local independent bookshop that they might want to take part. I'll update the list as we go.)

There are about 15 stores in the competition - and there's one in Bethlehem and San fran (keep fingers crossed). Hopefully once winner is announced we can call and preorder a signed copy. Just have to follow facebook and update
    The Moravian Book Shop in Bethlehem - the oldest bookstore in the world, serving patrons since 1745. It is about 20 minutes from my house. It would be cool if they win.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Moravian Book Shop in Bethlehem - the oldest bookstore in the world, serving patrons since 1745. It is about 20 minutes from my house. It would be cool if they win.[/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ _______________

Off topic... but....

Germany oldest bookshop Korn und Berg
    in the business since 1531
    http://www.kornundberg.de/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    The Moravian Book Shop in Bethlehem - the oldest bookstore in the world, serving patrons since 1745. It is about 20 minutes from my house. It would be cool if they win.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Off topic... but....

Germany oldest bookshop Korn und Berg
    in the business since 1531
    http://www.kornundberg.de/
    I go by local history...http://shop.moravianbookshop.com/page.htm?pg=ABOUT

It is a weird bookseller contest, to see who can sell as many copies of Ocean this holiday season. You'd think that everyone who was going to buy a copy already has. I doubt my little shop has much of a chance

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Out of interest, is anyone else waiting on The Sandman Exhibition Catalogue from The Cartoon Art Museum?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a weird bookseller contest, to see who can sell as many copies of Ocean this holiday season. You'd think that everyone who was going to buy a copy already has. I doubt my little shop has much of a chance
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

On a side note, I received my S/L of HANSEL AND GRETEL with the additional print. #88 of 500. I like it.

Like many of you, I'm passing on the spider book.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Had a great time at amanda palmers reading/interview/singing event last night. No neil at the reading. She spoke from the heart and my wife and I had a wonderful time. Neil helped edit her book and took liberties with his part of the dialogue in her stories (involving himself). And I too am passing on the spider book (but my hansel should be here in a day or two).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you enjoyed AFP last night, Chad. Any photos to share?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Glad you enjoyed AFP last night, Chad. Any photos to share?
    Unfortunately no - I know lame...we had a box of books - steph bought one for all of her directors - and it was late - so we just got through as best we could. But amanda did take a picture of steph and her box of books - I know a lot of good that does. It was still great and steph laughed out loud several times - well worth the time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast