Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Problem Encountered

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Site Problem Encountered

I started getting the below described problem yesterday!

Every time I enter Dark Tower dot org, and every time I click for a new page
    (new thread, new menu option, etc.) I get the following message from IE in the
    bar below my Links bar:

To protect your security Internet Explorer has blocked this site from downloading
    files to your computer. Click here for options.

When I click here for options I get the opportunity to Download the file or click on Whats the Risk or click on Information Bar help. If I select Download file.

In a few seconds a window pops up (Notepad) with file called xd.proxy.css with the
    following content:

.app_content_140511002640400 a.uiLinkSubtle { display: none; }
    .app_content _140511002640400 a.UIImageBlock_ICON_Image { display: none; }
    #bootloader_7U5M_ { height: 42px; }

I have just been deleting this.

Any ideas as to what is going on - its becoming quite annoying!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You may be missing a key component of Java. .Css files are known internet files. (Cascading Style Sheets.)
    Can you use Firefox, Chrome, Safari as browsers?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The same thing has been happening to me today. I thought it was my computer malfunctioning. Hmm...
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm going to need Matt's advice on this one.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Could be Microsoft's latest security patch to blame.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Likely. IE is becoming a pain.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

IE has always been crap. Chrome or Firefox are better and safer.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was getting that too but it stopped as of yesterday.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I use IE but I haven't had any of that. I'm getting slow loading with the haven donation box, but nothing else.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I seriously have no idea

I would try searching those errors on google Jerome and seeing if there is some kind of info out there on it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Using IE8.0.6001.18999 and never have seen this problem.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed that I wasn't getting the pop-up anymore. Hmm, strange. Glad it's gone though!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Outta nowhere I stopped receiving email notifications on my subscribed threads. Not a real big deal, but maybe its indicative of another potential problem?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The popup errors have suspiciously stopped and I have done nothing! Not complaining though! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If it works, I'll take credit for it. If it is a problem, I blame Microsoft IE.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Haven Foundation widget at the top of each page seems especially slow to load recently. Everything else is okay, but the widget just seems to take forever!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The Haven Foundation widget at the top of each page seems especially slow to load recently. Everything else is okay, but the widget just seems to take forever!

John
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The "PS Publishing" logo as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Widget is down. It actually looks like a Paypal issue, the site at Paypal where a person designs there own widget is down.
    I'm thinking of temporarily removing it, but I have a small worry that we could lose the cumulated collection value-not the actual money, just the status bar.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Widget is down. It actually looks like a Paypal issue, the site at Paypal where a person designs there own widget is down.
    I'm thinking of temporarily removing it, but I have a small worry that we could lose the cumulated collection value-not the actual money, just the status bar.
    Could be just a case of Paypal Mtc. I know I typically have trouble getting into Bank of Amerca on Sunday's. They do regular site Mtc on Sun. Could be Paypal does the same? Once or twice a month?

Just a thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, paypal is having some issues today. I just ordered Roses for the wife and it took FOREVER to process the transaction.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Outta nowhere I stopped receiving email notifications on my subscribed threads. Not a real big deal, but maybe its indicative of another potential problem?

Sometimes you have to visit the thread before you get another notification.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Using my Firefox browser, it doesn't matter which link I click, I get rerouted to the Haven Fundraiser #7 thread. I am now using my Internet 8/Yahoo browser and things are working okay. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Sometimes you have to visit the thread before you get another notification.
    Thanks, but I am aware of that. I am not receiving email notifications at all. However, Mr. Flagg is on it like white on rice!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The problem is that cetrtain e-mail providers have blocked notifications from the site.
    We are working through it, but as one might imagine, we start with the top ~10 email providers, have to send them the proper documentation etc. It's time consuming.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The problem is that cetrtain e-mail providers have blocked notifications from the site.
    We are working through it, but as one might imagine, we start with the top ~10 email providers, have to send them the proper documentation etc. It's time consuming.
    Isn't there something that can be done on Our side? Some way to "allow email" from the site?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast