Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freaks and Geeks

12 42.86%
  • Frasier

16 57.14%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 1990s (Bracket 2)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 1990s (Bracket 2)

Freaks and Geeks
    vs.
    Frasier

Previously on BTVSAT:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is Frasier's first non-animated opponent. A tough matchup for me. Both excellent series. But I cannot vote against F&G. I'm actually doing a rewatch of it at the present moment. It's even better than I remember it. Pure perfection. I would love to see it make the decade final

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's hard. I don't know why I have such a hard time contrasting shows against Fraiser. F&G probably deserved a long run more... but it's ultimately too...incomplete...for me to call it perfect. Not that Fraiser was perfection, either. It's just that it was a strong show in different ways.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Freaks and Geeks.

I <3 the Weirs.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I love Both, but I had to go with Frasier. F and G was a great show, but it needed polishing. Frasier is just an awesome show.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It was far more polished. Plus, the premise was a bit more noteworthy than another high school sitcom, even one with exceptional characterizations and bold plotlines. I can't seem to put my finger on my reasons for not really loving Fraiser. I do feel that somehow F&G had the potential to be better... but, yeah, I still don't think that I'll be able to justify voting that way.

Country
    Country Flag

Well it was canceled (those fuckers!) after only 12 episodes. And for the life of me I can't figure out why. Such an amazing series, so promising. It could've easily went on for a few seasons. I find that simply depressing that we will not have any more stories with these fantastic characters. But, like I said in a previous poll, we have this one season of near perfection. Nothing can tarnish that.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm sure that Rogan will keep trying.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Frasier for sure. Greatest sitcom I'd ever seen.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

And we're tied. Need more geek love here!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I voted for the geeks because I hated Frasier.

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, so close! Come on F&G!

Country
    Country Flag

Frasier is moving on to the Semifinals, having received 16 votes (57.14%). Its score is now 175.14.

+ Reply to Thread