Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I do like that even Yankee fans stand can't A-Rod (who is a rod) anymore. He's pissed me off for years.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I do like that even Yankee fans stand can't A-Rod (who is a rod) anymore. He's pissed me off for years.
    Actually, there was a very good article in ESPN the mag this month that shed a little light into, A-Rod. Not that it excuses his actions, but it does give a little insight into the entire debacle. It is truly a shame that such talent went so far off the reservation. He's like the "Anti_Jeter"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't hate A-Rod. I'm just indifferent at his point. I was a huge fan of his coming out of high school, my cousin drafted him in our fantasy league my very first year in the league. I started collecting all of his baseball cards and posting clippings on the walls of my room.

I still stand by my statement that A-Rod has been unfairly punished for this whole thing. He's been made out to be the poster boy for steroids when hundreds of other players also did steroids. Many of the names are still hidden from the public. What A-Rod did was wrong and he did it twice, but there's no reason he should serve double the suspension of any other player who did steroids.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I too don't like A-Rod, but he did take his punishment and now let's see what he can or cannot accomplish!

Of course the Yankee blood in me wants him to do well as it supports the team!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I too don't like A-Rod, but he did take his punishment and now let's see what he can or cannot accomplish!

Of course the Yankee blood in me wants him to do well as it supports the team!
    There is a great article in the most current ESPN the mag, I'm sure you can read online. Not that it excuses him, but it does offer some interesting insight.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So after Saunders and Stroman...we lost Santiago who was probably going to be our utility infielder, and we also lost Pilar, TO A FUCKING SNEEZE...granted it's only for about ten days, but it shows the goddamn luck we have.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So after Saunders and Stroman...we lost Santiago who was probably going to be our utility infielder, and we also lost Pilar, TO A FUCKING SNEEZE...granted it's only for about ten days, but it shows the goddamn luck we have.
    Sorry for the pain, Matts. I feel it, but did you ever notice how the "Blue Jays" always seem greatly afflicted by injury the last few years? Maybe they need to fire the medical staff. I hope your guys can find a way to recover. My "Yanks" are looking pretty good this spring, but you just never know when and if the injury bug will bite!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

and we also lost Pilar, TO A FUCKING SNEEZE...granted it's only for about ten days, but it shows the goddamn luck we have.
    He's not the first one. I remember Sammy Sosa went on the DL once for hurting his back while sneezing.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sorry for the pain, Matts. I feel it, but did you ever notice how the "Blue Jays" always seem greatly afflicted by injury the last few years? Maybe they need to fire the medical staff. I hope your guys can find a way to recover. My "Yanks" are looking pretty good this spring, but you just never know when and if the injury bug will bite!!!
    I don't think our medical staff is that bad. Most of these injuries are totally freak...stepping on a sprinkler, routine bunt fielding practice, sneezing. Santiago broke his collar bone making a diving catch so that at least is more expected. I'm just hoping we're getting a good chunk of our injuries out of the way early haha.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some of it is definitely related to the facilities, the Sky Dome's astro turf is hard on the players, and their Florida facility is... pretty run down. In other news, holy shit can Castro throw hard.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait until the Argonauts contract is done and they will have to move to BMO Field and we can finally have grass at Roger's Centre.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I get some opinions on Sanchez? I know he's had a few rough outings this spring, but I'm hoping it's just because he's working on his secondary pitches. I was hoping he would win the closer job (for my own personal fantasy reasons) but I'm sure they need him in the rotation since Stroman went down.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Can I get some opinions on Sanchez? I know he's had a few rough outings this spring, but I'm hoping it's just because he's working on his secondary pitches. I was hoping he would win the closer job (for my own personal fantasy reasons) but I'm sure they need him in the rotation since Stroman went down.
    Seems like he's pretty well guaranteed to be in the starting rotation. It's been written about but I think Martin will be really beneficial for Sanchez, taking would-be fouls and sucking them back into the strike zone. Sanchez has a fair bit of movement on his pitches, which I like (dirty sanchez jokes abound) and I'm quite excited to see him work. Hopefully in Stroman's absence, we'll have some other young arms step up and have their break out season in 2015

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too worried about Sanchez, though I'd prefer him in the bullpen. I have no idea who will close out our rotation. Dickie, Buehrle, Hutchison, Sanchez...the fifth spot is very up in the air, more than it was before Stroman got injured. I felt pretty good about our staff with two veterans and three young guys with Martin to guide, but Stroman was goddamn key.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys.

Any thoughts on Daniel Norris? How's he doing this spring? Any chance he could make the team? Also, any idea who is going to get the first crack at closing?

Also, Martin should work wonders with that staff. He did an excellent job with the Pirates and has been solid for every team he's played for.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, guys. I just wanted to mention to you Blue Jays fans that I had my fantasy baseball draft last weekend and picked up a few Blue Jays that I have high hopes for.

This is a dynasty league, by the way. I selected both of these players late in the draft (9th and 10th rounds). The first was Miguel Castro. I was impressed from what I heard from you guys here, as well as scouting reports. I was also surprised to see that he was going to make the team out of ST. The other guy is more of a high ceiling guy that I'm rolling the dice with. Jeff Hoffman. You may know he was the Blue Jays first pick in the draft last year. He's currently working his way back from TJ surgery, but he's a college guy with a big arm and I feel this could look like a steal a year from now.

FYI, Norris went in the first round.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brett Cecil is not a closer. I hope Castro gets a shot at some point and makes me look like a genius.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed the game today. Shame Cecil couldn't close it. He could work, I just think he'll need some adjusting to the position. He does have some very nasty stuff that can work. Curious to see who is going to take that spot, in the end.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit this is all happening way sooner than I expected.

http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/artic...to-close-games

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I am enjoying the start of the baseball season so far.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am as well however I don't think they have had to dip into the pen much yet. Once that starts happening my feeling may change.

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course you do, the Tigers are off to a great start. They better close the door this year. They've been so close to winning the WS, but just can't put it all together when it counts. I'm afraid their window could be closing. The clock is ticking.

Let me ask you, is Soria still the closer when Nathan comes back or do they give it back to Nathan? Soria looks really good right now.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I'm enjoying also! That's a good question I say Soria, he should of been last year, but ithe s. greene look's a little promising with scherzer gone and verlander on dl

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the job is Nathans to lose. The Tigers had an oppurtunity to give up on him in spring training and they didn't.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Yes I'm enjoying also! That's a good question I say Soria, he should of been last year, but ithe s. greene look's a little promising with scherzer gone and verlander on dl
    I didn't like the Yankees trading Greene. He was their best pitcher the second half of last year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast