Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quotes or Sayings to Live By.......

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Thanks...

...sometimes I think we take ourselves all a bit too seriously
    Me Too!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

"Houston we have Bologna" Edgar Freemantle

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart. - Melanie Griffith

And a whole slew by my favorite author:

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. -- Douglas Adams

Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. -- Douglas Adams

Life? Don't talk to me about life! -- Douglas Adams

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -- Douglas Adams

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams

Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose. -- Douglas Adams

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. -- Douglas Adams

How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensation and my state of mind? -- Douglas Adams

It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end. -- Douglas Adams

Today must be a Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays. -- Douglas Adams

Don't forget your towel. -- Douglas Adams

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue: Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer. -- Douglas Adams

And I had to throw this one in just for giggles, because it always makes me giggle:

Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. -- Douglas Adams

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart. - Melanie Griffith

And a whole slew by my favorite author:

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. -- Douglas Adams

Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. -- Douglas Adams

Life? Don't talk to me about life! -- Douglas Adams

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -- Douglas Adams

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams

Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose. -- Douglas Adams

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. -- Douglas Adams

How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensation and my state of mind? -- Douglas Adams

It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end. -- Douglas Adams

Today must be a Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays. -- Douglas Adams

Don't forget your towel. -- Douglas Adams

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue: Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer. -- Douglas Adams

And I had to throw this one in just for giggles, because it always makes me giggle:

Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. -- Douglas Adams
    LOL I LOVE Douglas Adams. What a true visionary!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I agree!!!!!!!!! If I ever turn into a penguin I hope someone will love me enough to let me know

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

All of these I've came up with the past week or so.

"They say that life's hard and that it knocks you down but love is harder to do when it keeps kicking you back down."

"Hearts crash to the fall in the shame that is our love, Shattered pieces that fit but will never be whole"

"To see you quit is killing me but i'll never quit till my blood runs dry."

"We watch as the rain falls on the ground splashing us with its rage, till the rain drowns us in its sorrow"

My Mood
    Worried

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." -- Colette
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cat." -- Albert Schweitzer
    "A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution." --Hazel Nicholson
    "Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. They do not always care enoughto do anything about it." -- Winifred Carriere
    "I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of a cat is infinitely superior." -- Hippolyte Taine

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Never Hug A Moving Bus. - Johnny Carson
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Never Hug A Moving Bus. - Johnny Carson
    That's a real quote?!?? I wonder why he tried to hug a bus, period, let alone one moving?

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

"Three men can keep a secret, if two are dead" - that guy on the money with triple digits
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

"Bird is the Word" - Peter Griffin

"Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer Simpson

"Respect my authorita!" - Eric Cartman

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

dance with the devil, the don't change. the devil changes you. (Joaquin Phoenix as Max California, 8mm)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2