Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • LA Law

11 44.00%
  • Saved by the Bell

14 56.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 1980s (Bracket 6)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 1980s (Bracket 6)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OH COME ON PEOPLE!!! Saved by the Bell has three votes already???

I was a kid when I was watching LA Law and even then I knew it was better television than those guys. Screech was the most interesting character of them all btw.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Two words: Kelly Kapowski.

I've never liked any law/cop/csi type shows.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SBTB was the epitome of my teenhood It is cheesy but it's actually really funny.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

No brainer.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

LA Law.
    I can't even believe it's this close. Saved By The Bell?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I never got the appeal of Saved by the Bell. ~shrug~
    I loved LA Law.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't like procedurals, never have, which is why I will vote against Law & Order, in all its incarnations, once I find it in one of these polls.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Don't like procedurals, never have, which is why I will vote against Law & Order, in all its incarnations, once I find it in one of these polls.
    Believe it or not, it wasn't nominated.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

YES! I feel vindicated in my perpetual disdain for Dick Wolf.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

And now LA Law is losing?

My Mood
    Gay

Come on people!!
    LA Law ... the Venus Butterfly !!! Hello ?!!!??

Gee, if I'd have known the polls were going to go with Saved by the Bell, I'd have nominated DeGrassi!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Come on people!!
    LA Law ... the Venus Butterfly !!! Hello ?!!!??
    What?

My Mood
    Gay

It's one of their most famous episodes ... water cooler talk the next day !! Big time!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Moving to this thread an exchange prompted by Cheers pulling way ahead of Growing Pains in another poll --
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    ...Glad to see rationality catch up with this poll.
    Dude... Screetch is winning in another poll !
    Well, the competition appears to be gaining here, too, at least. Still, it IS rather baffling... is Screech really what's passing for a reason? Maybe it's mostly --
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Country
    Country Flag

Not just Kelly, although she is very cute I have the entire Saved by the Bell series on DVD and I think it's a ton of fun. I periodically rewatch it. It's pure '90s (even though technically it's an '80s show), so I guess nostalgia plays into that.

My Mood
    Gay

I understand about nostalgia but really... against LA Law?

LA Law was a hallmark show for NBC. It was an issues show, it was a "first" in a lot of areas, and was socially relevant a lot of the time. They dealt with some very hot topics and featured a great primary and secondary cast.

Country
    Country Flag

Just not my cup o' tea, sorry. Not a big fan of lawyer series.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Just not my cup o' tea, sorry. Not a big fan of lawyer series.
    Ditto.

Especially considering I was a teenager when these 2 shows were on. LA Law was something "old people" watched.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can understand nostalgia for the 90s, (grunge) but I have none for the 80s... and that is definitely where I'd classify Saved By the Bell. I recall how nauseated my 15 y.o. self was when its original version was on the Disney Channel.

Country
    Country Flag

Well that's where Saved by the Bell began, but its best episodes were the early to mid-'90s. I still have very fond memories of watching that show in the afternoons.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just saying that the spirit of the program, fundamentally, was very 1980s, IMO.

Country
    Country Flag

This poll closes tomorrow morning, so get your votes in if you haven't already.

Country
    Country Flag

Saved by the Bell is moving on to Round 2, having received 14 votes (56.00%).

+ Reply to Thread