Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    TEXAS
    Enough of the tease. Either announce it here, or somewhere else, but no more teasing.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I found this but that's Minnesota and 2016...

http://www.mnopera.org/season/2015-2016/the-shining/

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doesnt say that the author will be at the premiere
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for the teasing......

Short story:
    This Wed. i visit a bookreading event with AMY TAN, german parts read from actress Natalia Wörner-The Pillars of the Earth
    (THINK know every one knows what is this new possible chance to see SK live)

After the very nice event, when she signs all my book it was possible for me to talk with Amy Tan for 1-2 minutes. I asked her if there is a possible return of the Rock Bottom Reminders in the near future?
    Tour or concert....
    She answerd... Nothing in Europe, No tour in the USA...
    BUT... all is not 100% save... there is a concert of the RBR in TEXAS March 2015 in Houston `?
    In THE moment Amy Tan said the city's name someone has spoken loudly behind me...
    the first think what i understand was Tucson.. but that is in Arizona...
    It must be Houston what she said!!!

Very nice

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Interesting that the RBR page makes mo mention of King.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Fast google search !!!
    Then, Amy Tan makes a small mistake with TEXAS and i had heard correctly TUCSON.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Fast google search !!!
    Then, Amy Tan makes a small mistake with TEXAS and i had heard correctly TUCSON.
    I figured it had to be some sort of Book Event... It makes sense if you know their history....
    and if you know their history, King does not appear at all RBR events

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

From the Tuscon Festival of Books Facebook page:

New York Times best-selling authors Amy Tan, Mitch Albom, Dave Barry, Scott Turow, Ridley Pearson, Ray Blount, Jr., Alan Zweibel and Greg Iles, aided by a couple of ringer musicians, including drummer Josh Kelly and Albom’s singer/actress wife, Janine Sabino Albom, will perform a 90-minute show in the University of Arizona Student Union Memorial Center ballroom to kick off the festival on March 13.

And all the authors also will participate in the Festival March 14 and 15.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    TEXAS
    Enough of the tease. Either announce it here, or somewhere else, but no more teasing.
    Oh, come on...let him tease. It's not like he teased more than many other around (and I'd say yourself included...don't forget about those thousand-pieces-puzzles)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone going to the NYC Revival event at Barnes and Noble? If so what time is everyone getting there?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NEIL GAIMAN 20.10.14 LITERATURHAUS HAMBURG

Amazing bookreading event, 1 1/2 hrs.
    Only 3 meters from my place to NG.

Neil Gaiman signed and doodled one of my books, it´s 999

3 reading parts from Neil Gaiman from his new novel The Ocean....3 from the german translator.
    A lot of questions from the smart moderator Felicitas von Lovenberg,
    Neil Gaiman told us that he is right now scripting the AMERICAN GODS TV series.
    Then NO q+a with the audience but at the signing it was possible to talk for everyone with NG, make pics with him etc.
    After the reading, two waiting lines had formed for the signing , in my lane i was in position 5.
    Then, my line was closed, they only want one line...
    I had to go to the other lane... and i only must wait 1 hr... for my 6 signed and doodled books.
    Not a big problem, there were nice NG fans to talk with and more then 50+ people must wait longer longer longer for signed books.
    One of the best events, i visit in the last years,

Neil Gaiman Twitter
    https://twitter.com/neilhimself/stat...52028030431232

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

This may be the thread Glen is mentioning?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt anyone is anywhere near here, or probably care that much, but Guy Gavriel Kay (one of my favourite authors growing up) is doing a lecture here at the University of Winnipeg May 29th. I hope to get my Fionavar Tapestires signed.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Last weekend, bookreading events with 13 authors.... yesterday George R.R. Martin

21.06.2015 George RR Martin in HAMBURG

What a NICE bookreading event.
    Everyone get´s a different color wristband... when we enter the CCH
    The event, arround 2hrs. GRRM talked with the moderator arround 1,5 hrs about his
    childhood, Marvel comics, politic, sf and fantasy literature.

GRRM also told that Sibel Kekilli, the German/Turkish GOT Actress was his Hamburg tour guide.
    Sibel was of cause in the audience, earlier this year Sibel Kekilli visited GRRM in Santa Fe for theGerman ARTE TV show:
    Durch die Nacht (eng.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz8gO9D-F8w

Then GRRM read for arrond 30 min. something unpublished..... AMAZING ....

At the end, the moderator told the audience that everyone with a grey wristband can buy a signed WESTEROS !!! only 120 !!
    My wristband was ... BLUE....

Signed books only with GREY wristband

I of cause wait, from several other booksigning events i know that sometimes/allways some people don´t want there signed books.
    Then a man from the bookshop Heymann asked if there is still someone with a grey wristband.......
    NOBODY....
    I jumped in the line.... they start to sell the rest of the signed books...
    waiting.. thinking..... hoping... PLEASE..... PLEASE... PLEASE...

Then, they have 12 signed WESTEROS books.... and i was nr. 8 in the line.... !!!
    YES YES YES i get signed book

Ticket, wristband - Wild Cards promo books

George R.R: Martin - WESTEROS
    German HC SIGNED from GRRM

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Frank
    THAT is a great story-I wish I would have been there also!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job Frank. Lucky to have received that book signed. Congratulations.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Frank! Congratulations.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Very cool - good work!

But - I have to say it about Martin...that is one weak-ass signature.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool - glad you were able to get a place in line

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A little bit of patience, some good karma and fate can provide great outcomes for those who collect.
    Congratulations.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good for you Frank!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was reviewing this thread from post #3302 on to catch pics of the post event gathering in Sarasota Dr. Sleep signing in March 2014.
    Thought I would share so others who were there could also reminisce how great a place Sarasota was and is to visit.

This spot at Classico right where we were eating outside has been getting national attention this week due to an interactive public arts project in downtown Sarasota, by the Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County. "The whole idea is to give access to people who want to express themselves." These videos have been all over national news and Facebook.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29443346/...t#.VZWHu_lVhBf
    http://www.rightthisminute.com/video...-music?=rtmsoc

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Thanks to RF I figured out to resize so heres a few pics. More tomorrow...

The Post Gathering (yummy wine and even yummier fish tacos)

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Don with Explorer

Don at Pre Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Would someone be kind enough to tag all those in the picture? Some I can cross ref with subsequent pictures, but it would be nice to identify everyone.
    Hope I got it right.

Check this out Glen.. Afew of our group are in the Sarasota Newspaper Gallery:
    http://galleries.heraldtribune.com/d...x?id=368375#/5

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a lot of fun!

I see Glen was in a picture. Imagine that!

I also see one of our most elusive members.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast