Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I have a ticket to the Boston event wooooooooooooooo
    Tito.... Congratulations !!
    Make sure to meet w/all the DTorg.ers you can, The memories will last forever.
    Even thou I was lucky enough to attend the Va. Mason award, I'm still envious.
    Richard

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah if anyone wants to meet up that would be great

& Ralph empty your inbox :-P

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Tom. Have a fantastic time!!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

if anyone recieves a ticket in the mail from the boston event could you post it here. I think they said if they dont get around to it the email is your proof. Im just curious to know if they do start to send out actual tickets, Thanks

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Savannah Book Festival in February is sold out.

King Closing CeremonyThe Closing Ceremony and Presentation will be at 3:00 PM and doors to the Trustees Theater will open at 1:30 PM.

Tickets go on sale at the Trustees Theater Box Office at 10:00 on Monday, October 3rd. The Savannah Book Festival does not have any tickets to sell, all sales are through the Trustees Theater. SOLD OUT

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A Real Bookstore in The Village at Fairview will be hosting an on-stage appearance at McKinney North High School, 2550 Wilmeth Road, McKinney, TX 75071 at 7 PM on November 11th. This will be a reading, talk, and audience Q&A.

This is a ticketed event and advance purchase is required--ticket sales beginning October 11th at 9 AM CT. There will be 250 pre-signed books which will be randomly blended in with all copies available.

For more complete information and to order tickets, please visit http://arealbookstore.com/stephenking.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I am going on record as saying that the books being handed out in random fashion with his autograph is a bad idea. I live in St. Louis, Mo. travelling to either of those events is now out of the question. You have book store employees handing out books that may or may not have a signature. If i ended up with a book with no signature - i would return the book. I believe in old fashioned wait in line, get what you are coming for and then leave! I have no luck, i dont entirely trust the system. I will quit complaining, but know i will not be in Dallas on the 11th or New Orleans.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Agree with the above.

I think the # of people who return it will be very slim, but it's just asking for controversey...I mean, just sell 250 tickets with a guaranteed book, and let everybody else go for free - a lot will buy an unsigned book anyway.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I, too, am skeptical of this procedure. I suspect that every bookstore employee will end up with at least a couple of signed copies. Then, after the employees are taken care of, the rest will be "blended."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Already a bid at $500:
    A Conversation with Stephen King - Reception + Signed B...
    Meet Stephen King & Recieve a Signed Copy of 11/22/63

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Savannah Book Festival in February is sold out.

King Closing CeremonyThe Closing Ceremony and Presentation will be at 3:00 PM and doors to the Trustees Theater will open at 1:30 PM.

Tickets go on sale at the Trustees Theater Box Office at 10:00 on Monday, October 3rd. The Savannah Book Festival does not have any tickets to sell, all sales are through the Trustees Theater. SOLD OUT
    I had multiple phones trying to get through for this. I would probably do unspeakable things for this.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Already a bid at $500:
    A Conversation with Stephen King - Reception + Signed B...
    Meet Stephen King & Recieve a Signed Copy of 11/22/63
    I'll be really surprised if anyone else bids on this.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Received an e-mail from the Dallas event folks letting me know that my tickets to the reception are coming. They seem to be making a big deal out of the fact that tickets are not to be resold and even threatening to ask for photo ID upon entry to ensure that you are the original purchaser. I doubt they would actually do that but who knows?

Dear xxxxxxx (via xxxxx@xxxxxxx.net),

Thank you for purchasing 2 Reception tickets to the November 10th “Conversation with Stephen King” at the Majestic Theatre in Dallas Texas, benefiting The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. I am pleased to let you know that we are preparing your tickets for mailing next week.

Before mailing your tickets, we would like to remind you:
    • Per the purchase agreement, tickets are not for resale and are nonrefundable.
    • No entry permitted without a valid ticket. A physical ticket does not guarantee admission.
    • Any ticket or voucher resold or reported as lost will be voided and will not be honored.
    • Upon entry, the Majestic Theatre reserves the right to require a photo ID matching the ticket purchaser’s name and address.

Your tickets will be mailed to the address provided at the time of purchase as it appears below. Please review this information for accuracy. Corrections only (no changes) may be submitted by the same email address used at time of purchase. Tickets will not be shipped to multiple addresses.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx xxxxx

For Preferred Seating and Reception ticket holders, signed copies of 11/22/63 will be distributed only when present with BOTH a valid voucher and matching admission ticket. Please keep these two documents together.

If you purchased a ticket in order to secure a signed copy of 11/22/63 but will not attend the event, as a courtesy, please reply to this email before Wednesday, October 19th. If you are unable to contact us before October 19th, please do so at your earliest convenience so arrangements can be made for your book to be shipped directly to you after the event and at your expense. The Sixth Floor Museum is not responsible for delivery of benefits outside of the event as scheduled.

Thank you once again for your purchase.
    We look forward to seeing you on November 10th!

Confidentiality Notice: This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disclose, forward, distribute, use or copy this email or its contents. If you are not the named addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return email that you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Stephen will be doing a book signing on December 14 starting at 7PM at Walmart Store #4436, 5455 Atlanta Hwy., Alpharetta, GA 30004.

Walmart will be distributing 400 guaranteed and 200 non-guaranteed wristbands beginning at 7:00 AM on Wednesday, December 14th. If there is time after the 400 guaranteed wristbands have gone through the line, the 200 non-guaranteed line will begin. Limit 1 signed book per person.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So no tickets necessary for this one I'm assuming? Just go that morning and wait in line?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Stephen will be doing a book signing on December 14 starting at 7PM at Walmart Store #4436, 5455 Atlanta Hwy., Alpharetta, GA 30004.

Walmart will be distributing 400 guaranteed and 200 non-guaranteed wristbands beginning at 7:00 AM on Wednesday, December 14th. If there is time after the 400 guaranteed wristbands have gone through the line, the 200 non-guaranteed line will begin. Limit 1 signed book per person.
    What is it with Wal-Mart and these damn wristbands?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

WAL-MART in GEORGIA!? Where's the Vegas love!? This makes me sad lol

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It's interesting that he's doing quite a few signings, yet early sales on ebay have been for big $$$, and yet he did only the 2-3 apparances for Full Dark, and it's not nearly so expensive.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone planning on going to the signing in Sarasota?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Anyone planning on going to the signing in Sarasota?
    I am! I'm still debating on when I need to get in line for the bracelet. Does anyone think that two hours ahead of time sounds ok or should I be there earlier?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They start giving out wristbands at noon, so that's when I'll show up.

Assuming I end up going, that it. Doing some planning with work, etc. . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    They start giving out wristbands at noon, so that's when I'll show up.

Assuming I end up going, that it. Doing some planning with work, etc. . . .
    Well my plan's are not set in stone but I hoping my wife can go as well. If it looks like your going let me know.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Does anyone think that two hours ahead of time sounds ok or should I be there earlier?
    I would camp out for 3 days just to get a good place in the line.

Wait! I'm thinking of when I used to do that for my "Rock Heroes" tickets!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Does anyone think that two hours ahead of time sounds ok or should I be there earlier?

Well camping out may be fun but I'm not sure the good folks at B&N will put up with my alcohol fueled campfire stories.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Well camping out may be fun but I'm not sure the good folks at B&N will put up with my alcohol fueled campfire stories.
    Nor the inevitable results of your bottom-less pot of beans!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast