Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 158 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Now there's a lovely thought to bring us together. Not improbable though. At one point I think ALL of my uncles and cousins were locked away somewhere. LOL I was mistaken though in one regard, it was my greatgrandparents that came directly from Sicily, not my grandparents...so I am fourth gen. Sicilian.
    Did you ever look up the Ellis Island records for your great grandparents when they came over? I found my grandparents and printed it out along with some other family history. Kinda cool.
    Did you guys have the massive block parties? Our block parties in Brooklyn were outrageous. Streets blocked off and food for as far as the eyes can see. And all of them related to me in some way = "oh im your great uncles son's second cousin..." With the bear hugs and cheek kisses and waving hands (true Italian style).
    I do miss it.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I find myself missing the "high" I felt last weekend.
    Geting King to sign my books, meeting people that I had not met in person....even the crappy music.
    Damn it! I want more.
    Right? If theres not another signing soon then we need to figure out a TDT get together and make our own party.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm scouring the internet for my next "fix".

I'm thinking Dean Koontz. He lives within 50 miles of me...and has a new book coming out next month......

It's not King....but it might get me though to the next one!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Twisted

I'm scouring the internet for my next "fix".

I'm thinking Dean Koontz. He lives within 50 miles of me...and has a new book coming out next month......

It's not King....but it might get me though to the next one!
    Brad Thor is doing a signing on Aug 2 at the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley. I havent read any of his books but my daughters boyfriend is a huge fan so we plan on going. Truthfully doesnt sound like anything like the RBR M&G tho.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post

Now there's a lovely thought to bring us together. Not improbable though. At one point I think ALL of my uncles and cousins were locked away somewhere. LOL I was mistaken though in one regard, it was my greatgrandparents that came directly from Sicily, not my grandparents...so I am fourth gen. Sicilian.
    Did you ever look up the Ellis Island records for your great grandparents when they came over? I found my grandparents and printed it out along with some other family history. Kinda cool.
    Did you guys have the massive block parties? Our block parties in Brooklyn were outrageous. Streets blocked off and food for as far as the eyes can see. And all of them related to me in some way = "oh im your great uncles son's second cousin..." With the bear hugs and cheek kisses and waving hands (true Italian style).
    I do miss it.
    We did, but unfortunately I remember little of it. My older brothers do, but we left Boston when I was like five. I barely know any of my family beyond my mom and my brothers. I know some of my family in Boston is like on facebook and all, but I've never really made any effort to contact those people. I'd feel awkward 35 years later coming at them.

I may have to look into the Ellis island records. I honestly never even thought to do that before. I know one of my aunts has done some extensive work on a family tree as a hobby for years though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Geting King to sign my books, meeting people that I had not met in person....even the crappy music.
    Damn it! I want more.
    Right? If theres not another signing soon then we need to figure out a TDT get together and make our own party.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

[/QUOTE]

I was already planning to start a thread to gauge interest in such a thing later today.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted

I barely know any of my family beyond my mom and my brothers. I know some of my family in Boston is like on facebook and all, but I've never really made any effort to contact those people.
    Same here - once we relocated to SoCal we lost touch with pretty much everyone. And of course many have passed. My grandparents generation are all gone, and most of my mothers generation, too. And it seems the later generations dont really have the interest - too wrapped up in their own lives and immediate family (Im guilty of it too).

My Mood
    Twisted

I was already planning to start a thread to gauge interest in such a thing later today.
    Yeah! Do it! I know there was talk in one of the threads about a Vegas get together...

Traveler DYBBUKIM is on a distinguished road DYBBUKIM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn it! I want more.

Rick, I know what you mean. I drove down from San Francisco with my son for the concert, more or less just to meet Stephen King, not expecting really to get anything signed (although I did , I got my WTTKH Grant Artist's edition signed).

It was good meeting you and others. My son, David, misses it more. He got an autograph for another board member, as I had only one book with me, and made his first payday, $25. He also got to shake King's hand, which at age 11 is pretty priceless.

And I got a picture "with" King. What more can anyone ask for?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"He got an autograph for another board member, as I had only one book with me, and made his first payday, $25."

DYBBUKIM ... Your kid missed out on at least another hundred and twenty-five bucks, depending on the book ...

In regards to the Long Island discussion above ... I'M from Long Island also! I was born there, lived in Centereach, and my mom's mom lived in Islip. My mom's side of the family was into "the business" also, and one of my grandmother's brothers was stabbed and killed. Ridiculous! Anyway, around age ten my dad got a promotion and we all moved to North Carolina. But I'm part of the LI club too, so ha!

My Mood
    Twisted

Wow you got a picture with King! I didnt think anyone got the chance to do that. Congrats!
    That second picture reminds me of just how chaotic it was...

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I'M from Long Island also!
    See, the island DOES breed King collectors.

Traveler DYBBUKIM is on a distinguished road DYBBUKIM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More chaos:

My Mood
    Twisted

Is that sgc1999 in that bottom one?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was on the podium thing immediately to his left. I had to reach in front of the guy w/glasses
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That guy with glasses looks like Bev Vincent. Was he there too?

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol. Nice pic! Good times! Good times!

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    He said he wasnt. But the guy with the glasses looks familiar to me, too.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, he's burned into my memory as he just wouldn't get OUT OF THE WAY!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, forgot to thank you Merlin, for hooking me up with a good spot to see the show

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Oh, forgot to thank you Merlin, for hooking me up with a good spot to see the show
    My pleasure!!! Great to meet you as well!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I am pretty sure that is Sam Barry...Dave Barry's brother....the husband of the band member that died.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I am pretty sure that is Sam Barry...Dave Barry's brother....the husband of the band member that died.
    Ok Rick. Way to make me feel bad. And here I thought you and I were "bonding" LOL Just kidding, I am sorry for their loss. Death in any sense sucks. I recently lost my Mom, so I can relate.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 158 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast