Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 158 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Post-It's were an accident created when experimenting around for a strong glue. Or so the story goes.

In all seriousness, congratulations on your inscribed, signed, and dated King book - autographed right in front of you, no less. That is absolutely fantastic!
    Thanks Patrick. Its one of those items that makes my heart flutter. I mean the book, not the post-it...
    Ahh, c'mon now TN, admit it. Post-it's make your heart flutter just a little bit!!! You know they do!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

My wife and I live in Savannah and will be attending the closing ceremony. Started calling as soon as tickets went onsale last year at the box office and still took me a good 20 minutes before someone even answered the phone.

We plan to get downtown around 10:30 or so and mill around since they are forbidding any "queueing" prior to noon. My guess is that it's going to be a mad rush of people fighting to line up like a massive round of musical chairs, not looking forward to that.

Now I just need to figure out what two books to take for the signing...

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Which book to get signed?

I'm heading down to Savannah next month with my wife. Hoping to get a couple of books signed. I have a first edition of The Shining so that's one, but I'm stuck on which other book to get signed. I have first editions of Christine, Firestarter, and Cujo - all in good shape. These are books I bought myself when they came out in the 80's. Enjoyed them all about equally. I do like the cover on Firestarter the best, but beyond that it's difficult to decide. Any thoughts? I don't plan to sell them or anything along those lines. They go back in the collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi and welcome, Richardx! Just pick the book that means the most to you. I, myself, would pick Firestarter, because that's the one I enjoy more than the others, but, as I said, it's up to you.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site. I myself would choose Christine.
    We will probably merge this into the
    Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences thread.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Welcome to the site. I myself would choose Christine.
    We will probably merge this into the
    Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences thread.
    Thanks Randall. I think you and I may have met briefly in the hotel bar after the George Mason event. I got a copy of "It" signed that night and David from Betts Books was there.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Stiil hoping to find Tickets for Savannah Book Festival and of course signing..
    Plan to be there however have not found tickets yet.
    ANYONE have any tickets to spare?
    Tell me your price or what you are looking for.. PLEASE..

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

good morning all. just wanted to post this link to an upcoming event in NH. Not sure if someone already posted it but...better safe than sorry
    http://waterstreetbooks.com/event/la...quin-book-club

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Rhafa started a thread about it. Interesting that King is the interviewer.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think Rhafa started a thread about it. Interesting that King is the interviewer.
    I attended an event like this S King did to promote Lauren Groff (Monsters of Templeton) at USF Sarasota couple years back.
    He had come across her work while preparing/reading material for "The Best Amersican Short Stories"
    He did a great job of dicussing with her her book, her writing and their styles etc. I am sure this too will be very interesting.
    It was more of a discussion than simply an interview.
    They NOTE Mr. King will not be signing at this event. I believe he likely will stick to that.
    That was also what he insisted on at the event in Sarasota as he was promoting the new author he respected.
    She was doing a signing and he left shortly after their discussion driving away in a little red sports car I had not seen him in before.
    I was fortunate however in finding a stack of presigned books he provided the books store sponsoring the event.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

should be interesting. I will most likely drive up for it. Its only about an hour and a half from my house.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just spoke to friend Sentinel who at Savannah event. He spotted and spoke with TwistedNadine who is in line just ahead of him to get book & signing ticket..
    There are only a couple dozen in front of them and they are comfortable they will get good signing ticket #'s.. Wish I was there. Hope all report in and let us know.
    Enjoy !

Currently in line. About 200. Stil debating between my 1st/1st wastelands remarqued by Dameron or my 2nd printing Gunslinger signed and Ka doodled by Whelan.

Thoughts?

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

get both signed

Only allowing one

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to everyone at the Savannah event.

Wow, they just announced over the loudspeaker that there are still 15 copies or so left for the signing. Surprised that was even necessary, I figured there would have been well over 400 lined up for the chance to get a ticket.

He read the intro to Dr. Sleep. Anyone interested in the video? Gotta wait till after the signing to make sure the audio sounds ok.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    He read the intro to Dr. Sleep. Anyone interested in the video? Gotta wait till after the signing to make sure the audio sounds ok.
    I am! Are you having a good time?

Yup, still flip flopping on the book to have signed tho. Thinking the Dameron Remarque and dedication should stand alone, probably going to go with the Gunslinger.

Ha, he signed both! He was in auto pilot mode and signing Gunslinger and I slid the Wastelands copy up to show him the Dameron remarque. He grabbed it and started to sign an then noticed the remarque. He said, "Wow, that's really cute!" and then proceeded to sketchy-doodle it!!! I'll post a pic of the result in a bit. Gonna hang around and see if he'll sign anything else after the official event is over.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    Ha, he signed both! He was in auto pilot mode and signing Gunslinger and I slid the Wastelands copy up to show him the Dameron remarque. He grabbed it and started to sign an then noticed the remarque. He said, "Wow, that's really cute!" and then proceeded to sketchy-doodle it!!! I'll post a pic of the result in a bit. Gonna hang around and see if he'll sign anything else after the official event is over.
    Awesome and congrats. Good luck with the "after party"!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY COOL .... Some may speak otherwise however I always find Sai King gracious at signings and such.

Got him to sign another copy of 11/22/63 for a friend (it's his birthday present). Checking the videos now for audio clarity before I post them up to share.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Sounds like you had a great time and made out well! Can't wait to see your pics/video!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 158 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast