Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 158 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the differences. Go to the one you want.

If we're going to make rules then I think the rule should be that King do a signing near my house.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got tickets for the Grand Rex event in Paris.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Alan, very jealous ... i think i'll be having a few drinks in Mexico that day :/

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    RE; PARIS SIGNING: Has there been any word about only signing Dr. Sleep or might other books/items be signed?

My wife showed an additional spark of interest when I mentioned a Paris event.
    So far, there is absolutely NO informations on the signing. Simply the date : wednesday 13th. Sorry.

Got my tix for the saturday event
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Our pack of 5 got tickets for the Grand Rex in Paris... see you there!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Congrats Alan, very jealous ... i think i'll be having a few drinks in Mexico that day :/
    Thanks Tom, although Mexico with your new wife is a pretty good reason to miss the event.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Planning on going over for the signing on the 13th and leaving the day after the Grand Rex event on Sunday 17th. Flights are very reasonable by the looks of it. Any budget hotel reccomendations, Jeremy??

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Planning on going over for the signing on the 13th and leaving the day after the Grand Rex event on Sunday 17th. Flights are very reasonable by the looks of it. Any budget hotel reccomendations, Jeremy??
    You might consider airbnb . We have used in US with good results; good values , good apts.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Paris--Fran...ch_by_map=true

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Tickets for Hamburg 20.11. ordered and confirmed.
    A friend informed me that arround 1000 tickets are pre-reservated for PRESS etc.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    You might consider airbnb . We have used in US with good results; good values , good apts.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Paris--Fran...ch_by_map=true
    Thanks Jim! Looks great. I shall check it out.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any news on if the flooding in Colorado is going to affect the reading there? Just curious, since I am not going.
    Christine

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears they are open and holding other events this week at Colorado Chautauqua
    This was posted on their Facebook page 10 hours ago

Only three days left until the world premiere of REEL ROCK 8! Be sure to arrive early to enjoy the beer garden, sponsor booths and mingling with climbing fans.
    A couple tickets remain, but don't wait too long! Tickets.chautauqua.com

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, i dont... because as i live in Paris, i never really looked at hotels.
    I would recommend you to look on tripadvisor for instance for hotels? And bnb doesnt look bad either.
    Otherwise, youth hostels if you are 5 and want something of a low budget.

A few links you may want to look at, for "youth hostels" (auberge de jeunesse)
    http://www.aijparis.com/framea.htm
    http://www.aubergedejeunesseparis.net/
    http://www.hostels.com/fr/paris/france
    http://www.french.hostelworld.com/Au...e/Paris/France
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan Simmons' signing tour:

THE ABOMINABLE book tour schedule redux --

Finalized Schedule for Dan Simmons's October book tour for THE ABOMINABLE --

EVENTS

Wednesday, October 23 – Denver, The Tattered Cover (Lodo store) at 7:30 PM
    Thursday, October 24 – Boulder, The Boulder Bookstore at Boulder 7:30 PM
    Monday, October 28 – Phoenix, The Poisoned Pen at 7:00 PM
    Tuesday, October 29 – Redondo Beach, CA, Mysterious Galaxy at 7:30 PM
    Wednesday, October 30 – Seattle WA, Third Place Books at 7:00 PM
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

These arrived FAST from France. Ordered online on Monday, arrived today!

Also booked an apartment for 5 nights yesterday. Just flights to sort out now.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful, Alan!

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, John. This'll be my first time seeing King speak. So excited!!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These arrived FAST from France. Ordered online on Monday, arrived today!

Also booked an apartment for 5 nights yesterday. Just flights to sort out now.
    Well... I was surprised too... My tickets arrived today
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Someone refresh my memory...how many tickets, and how many signed books (not sure if either is known).
    Venue seats 1300 people and they were sold out but who knows if they actually sold 1300 tickets.
    Last info I had they were hoping to have 400 signed books to distribute but sounded like the final number was going to be up to King. One guy said 200-400.
    I quit calling 'cause it was pissing off some members here (snicker). Actually I quit calling because they dont seem to have a clue and things will be different the day of the event anyway.
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Any news on if the flooding in Colorado is going to affect the reading there? Just curious, since I am not going.
    No change to the event but the road to the Stanley is closed. Im sure its being discussed elsewhere on the site (Im catching up after a few days).
    Im not cancelling my Tues reservations yet hoping they clear the road by then. One web site said there is a road open being used by the utility/repair vehicles so I have my fingers crossed.

My Mood
    Twisted

he will be signing books in the American "Tour"....just over the border in Canada.
    The other day I realized the Doctor Sleep's in Canada will probably be 2nd printings. I think Ill bring along a couple of 1st printings with me to Canada just in case.

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

If anyone is interested, Thomas Keneally, author of Schindler's Ark (book which became Spielberg's Schindler's List) will be doing an event 9/23 in NYC at 7:30 PM
    CENTER FOR FICTION
    in conversation with Sheridan Hay
    17 E. 47th Street
    New York, NY 10017

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    he will be signing books in the American "Tour"....just over the border in Canada.
    The other day I realized the Doctor Sleep's in Canada will probably be 2nd printings. I think Ill bring along a couple of 1st printings with me to Canada just in case.
    TN, I think we'll be fine for Toronto. I'm yet to see a second printing of a new King hardcover here. Long after FD,NS was into second printing in the US, the first was still the only printing on the shelves. They were heavily discounted too, at $5 each, without the remainder mark. Also to consider is that King will sign only one book you put in front of him and it can be any book. Doctor Sleep will already be pre-signed.

I'll bring a couple extras too but I think we'll be fine.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting.. Thanks.

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    TN, I think we'll be fine for Toronto. I'm yet to see a second printing of a new King hardcover here. Long after FD,NS was into second printing in the US, the first was still the only printing on the shelves. They were heavily discounted too, at $5 each, without the remainder mark. Also to consider is that King will sign only one book you put in front of him and it can be any book. Doctor Sleep will already be pre-signed.
    I'll bring a couple extras too but I think we'll be fine.
    Hey I didnt know Doctor Sleep would be pre-signed. Did you find that out by calling them? I was under the impression Dr Sleep +1 signed in person. Looking at the site it has no mention of a signing at the event at all which is a little disturbing but at the same time understandable. Ill follow your lead, WDIL and bring a couple extra 1st Dr Sleeps just in case but it will not be the book I have signed if there is only one signed in person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 158 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast