Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have I missed how the 250 pre-signed copies will be distributed in Boston?
    I spoke to someone at the library and they confirmed that the main hall holds about 400 people (doors open a about an hour before). They didn't know anything about the books but given the capacity of the main hall plus expected over-flow, that means a lot of people will be going home without a signed copy.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Have I missed how the 250 pre-signed copies will be distributed in Boston?
    I spoke to someone at the library and they confirmed that the main hall holds about 400 people (doors open a about an hour before). They didn't know anything about the books but given the capacity of the main hall plus expected over-flow, that means a lot of people will be going home without a signed copy.
    I think it's another 'random distribution' set-up, which I don't agree with.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, fudge that!

Gunslinger Apprentice stevohump will become famous soon enough stevohump's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody heard any new news about the atlanta signing. Thanks for any info.
    ROLL TIDE......14 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

The souls of humans have become poor and transparent things.
    - Elvid in "Fair Extension"

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stevohump View Post
    I believe the only signing in Atlanta is going to be this one (taken from posts upthread):

Stephen will be doing a book signing on December 14 starting at 7PM at Walmart Store #4436, 5455 Atlanta Hwy., Alpharetta, GA 30004.

Walmart will be distributing 400 guaranteed and 200 non-guaranteed wristbands beginning at 7:00 AM on Wednesday, December 14th. If there is time after the 400 guaranteed wristbands have gone through the line, the 200 non-guaranteed line will begin. Limit 1 signed book per person.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevohump View Post
    I believe the only signing in Atlanta is going to be this one (taken from posts upthread):

Stephen will be doing a book signing on December 14 starting at 7PM at Walmart Store #4436, 5455 Atlanta Hwy., Alpharetta, GA 30004.

Walmart will be distributing 400 guaranteed and 200 non-guaranteed wristbands beginning at 7:00 AM on Wednesday, December 14th. If there is time after the 400 guaranteed wristbands have gone through the line, the 200 non-guaranteed line will begin. Limit 1 signed book per person.

That's gonna be some line for books!!! reminiscent of the Village Halloween Parade!!!!! LOL

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I need some advice here...

I have yet to go to a non-ticketed book signing for SK so some advice would be nice.

I am thinking of going to the one north of Atlanta in December and would like to get an idea of when I should show up to get in line? They start giving out arm bands at 7am so would showing up at 3 am be overkill or a good idea do you think?

Thanks all

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Good idea to check with the venue. They may not let people queue up in the middle of the night.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone received their tickets to the Dallas event on 11/10? I haven't gotten mine and thought they might be here by now.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post

I have yet to go to a non-ticketed book signing for SK so some advice would be nice.

I am thinking of going to the one north of Atlanta in December and would like to get an idea of when I should show up to get in line? They start giving out arm bands at 7am so would showing up at 3 am be overkill or a good idea do you think?
    camping
    Thanks all
    I had a similar question and I believe Mr. RT told me to bring my camping gear....although I think he was just messing with me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post

camping
    Thanks all
    I had a similar question and I believe Mr. RT told me to bring my camping gear....although I think he was just messing with me.
    Sometimes a simple phone call provides the answer. That particular Walmart IS NOT open 24 hours. Their hours are 6am-12:30am. They have no problem with people lining up at Midnight for wristbands-they do however suggest-but do not guarantee that 3-4am will be sufficient to get a wristband.

Walmart # 770.475.4101

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

camping
    Thanks all
    Sometimes a simple phone call provides the answer. That particular Walmart IS NOT open 24 hours. Their hours are 6am-12:30am. They have no problem with people lining up at Midnight for wristbands-they do however suggest-but do not guarantee that 3-4am will be sufficient to get a wristband.
    What!? You mean I may have to actually talk...I mean physically talk to another human being to find out something!??? That's just frakking crazy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What!? You mean I may have to actually talk...I mean physically talk to another human being to find out something!??? That's just frakking crazy!
    I know, I know. Actual human interface sucks.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what you youngsters do nowadays, but I have a pair of crutches and fake plaster cast for my foot, which I use to get to the front of flights and queues. I always get to the front of the line without waiting. This works in every country in the world. (BTW. I'm NOT joking).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Warning, Will Robinson, Warning!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It does doesn't it?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Has anyone received their tickets to the Dallas event on 11/10? I haven't gotten mine and thought they might be here by now.
    I got my tickets today to the reception and a separate book voucher to get a signed book after the event is over. The book vouchers have my last name printed in large letters. Might be hard to get a signed book if your name doesn't match the name on the voucher.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

camping
    Thanks all

Walmart # 770.475.4101
    Thank you for finding this out, I was going to call them a bit later, I didn't expect them to have any answers this early, but I guess I was wrong.

Yes, I will be taking my camping chair, a blanket or 2, food, alarm clock (I plan on napping in my car from when I get the band to when the signing starts), laptop (for chatting with you guys during the long wait, an umbrella (just in case)... Do you think the one person tent would be over kill?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my tickets today to the reception and a separate book voucher to get a signed book after the event is over. The book vouchers have my last name printed in large letters. Might be hard to get a signed book if your name doesn't match the name on the voucher.
    My Dallas tix & voucher also showed up Wednesday!!!!!!! I'm all excited and nervous because now it's real.

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

Didn't get my Dallas tickets and vouchers yet and I live closer to Dallas than Bob does!

I'll be running home this afternoon to check the mail and then making some concerned phone calls if they're not there.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I called the the Sarasota B&N today and it sounds like I will need to be there early. If anyone has been to one of these I would love some info. I'm not really sure what time I should get there to ensure that I receive an armband.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just make sure you get there early and can get a signature for your very dear friend Merlin1958. That should do it!!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a great time, all of you that are attending.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Books in Boston will be sold in the store on a first come first serve bases according to the woman in the store that I contacted.

I am awaiting a reply as to whether that is once the store opens or after the event....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Soooo excited, my flight gets into Boston from London aroud 2.30pm on Sunday!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast