Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 158 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I hope we find a book signing in November for REVIVAL. they sure hinted about one at STephenking.com

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I need a revival book tour in November. Keep looking! It is strongly hinted by MS MOD

My Mood
    Asleep

From the website: Stephenking.com

question asked:
    Does anyone know if SK plans to tour for Revival? I'm in Louisiana, and he came to New Orleans for 11/22/63. I'd love the chance to see him speak again, and who knows, maybe even land an autographed copy. Meeting the man himself would be one for the bucket list.

Ms Mod answer:

I do have information but nothing I can share yet.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    From the website: Stephenking.com

question asked:
    Does anyone know if SK plans to tour for Revival? I'm in Louisiana, and he came to New Orleans for 11/22/63. I'd love the chance to see him speak again, and who knows, maybe even land an autographed copy. Meeting the man himself would be one for the bucket list.

Ms Mod answer:

I do have information but nothing I can share yet.
    That's encouraging.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Encouraging, but very caged. The info she has could be there is no tour. I doubt she'd be so mean, but who knows.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    RF - You went to the VIP event at the RBR show, right? Do you think it will be like that? I'm extremely interested, and could probably make it work. Just trying to figure out what's more important... A 2 minute conversation and a photo with him, or the chance at a signed book during a potential Revival tour.
    My 2 cents thoughts : you could probably buy a REVIVAL signed book, but you are very unlikely to be able to buy a PHOTO with him, before another similar event.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    RF - You went to the VIP event at the RBR show, right? Do you think it will be like that? I'm extremely interested, and could probably make it work. Just trying to figure out what's more important... A 2 minute conversation and a photo with him, or the chance at a signed book during a potential Revival tour.
    My 2 cents thoughts : you could probably buy a REVIVAL signed book, but you are very unlikely to be able to buy a PHOTO with him, before another similar event.
    Why not have the best of both worlds? Have someone take the photo of both you and King while he signs your book.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I know you asked RF, but my opinion is.

People were very disappointed with $150 Hartford Conn Meet and Greet. He was hidden behind a wall. 1 photo opportunity and very rushed. At least let him hang out in the open!

The excitement of meeting him the first time at George Mason was well worth $100! Not $416.

$1000 at Toronto was ridiculous! Even the organizers talked people out of paying that price. And we still got 8 books signed with out the meet and greet.

Save your money, wait for the revival book tour, have the 2nd person with you stand in line a few spaces back, step around the table and get your picture taken. It has been done 100 times.

Unless you can easily afford $416 then by all means go for it! and take me too!! someone take me please!!! that is just not in my budget.
    Very good advice. Thanks!!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night a very nice bookreading event on an amazing location with Stewart O´Nan... pics later....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have a question.. has anyone here... KNOWING you are only allowed to have the book they are providing signed... snuck (that a word lol) a copy of something you REALLY want signed (IT 1st... which got me started) into the event and when it front of King, pull it out and ask him to sign it? I will never get that book signed again. I may never meet him again due to my schedule and King (who is getting older) even doing many more. Thoughts and advice appreciated here guys.. thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Have a question.. has anyone here... KNOWING you are only allowed to have the book they are providing signed... snuck (that a word lol) a copy of something you REALLY want signed (IT 1st... which got me started) into the event and when it front of King, pull it out and ask him to sign it? I will never get that book signed again. I may never meet him again due to my schedule and King (who is getting older) even doing many more. Thoughts and advice appreciated here guys.. thanks!
    Yes. I did that successfully at the recent Paris signing. I have a video of him signing it.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are the first one to do it, chances are he will sign. If 20 people in front of you have also tried this trick, Organisers/King may prevent this.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have seen it happen... However at most events if they state a policy plainly "No other books" there is often an attempt to see that happens.
    Most organized events have some people directing you to where Mr King is seated and have you hand them the book prior to you approaching him to make sure it is ready and opened to the right place for him to sign.
    Events with a huge crowd are often the ones who make the strongest effort to stop unauthorized books and also if you are blatantly toting a sack of books, you may be watched closely.
    Bookstores doing signings often require you leave backpacks and such up front.
    I have seen a person get by with sneaking a book through and then the security become stronger for the rest of the crowd.
    I would never go to an event counting on getting any more than what is offered signed.
    ALSO: A tip for those thinking of attending one of the up-coming signings; It is a good idea to bring a large enough plastic bag to cover your book as you can never be sure it won't be a rainy day and you do not need watermarks on your prized book.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Yes. I did that successfully at the recent Paris signing. I have a video of him signing it.
    And the PR woman from the publisher then told him to sign only 1 book per person, and therefore he wouldnt do it for me... that was just behind!

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just want one.. I am going to sneak it in my shirt if I have too... It will be my last chance ever... I don't even want a flatsign.. I would love it inscribed... So it could go either way. Fingers crossed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Is Steve ok with it for those of you who got through?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Is Steve ok with it for those of you who got through?
    He's a great guy. If he doesn't want to sign extras, he will tell you, and why.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

When he did the Doctor Sleep signing in Florida I saw him before the event & asked if he'd sign my Gunslinger since he was only signing Doctor Sleep, he said he was in a hurry but if I got in line he might surprise me. He ended up signing 2 First Edition Gunslingers & my UK Rage & all 4 Doctor Sleep copies we purchased to raise money for the book store(for the 4 of us) On top of it took a picture with my Son. I think it's all about the mood he's in.

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is definitely a conundrum for me. The LAST thing I would want to do is alienate Mr. King and ruin the signing event for others. If everyone had just that, "one book that I want signed, and what harm could it do" mentality, there would be zero books that the publisher explicitly provided signed. My compromise is to follow the given rules and wait and see if there is an OFFICIAL adjustment made. I want my "one book" signed and inscribed, too - but not at the expense of others. It would ruin the event for me.

Dan

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    This is definitely a conundrum for me. The LAST thing I would want to do is alienate Mr. King and ruin the signing event for others. If everyone had just that, "one book that I want signed, and what harm could it do" mentality, there would be zero books that the publisher explicitly provided signed. My compromise is to follow the given rules and wait and see if there is an OFFICIAL adjustment made. I want my "one book" signed and inscribed, too - but not at the expense of others. It would ruin the event for me.

Dan, I see your point and my last intention would be to ever ruin the experience for someone else. I guess my thing is... this is my one chance. The wife will NEVER do this again even if she loves all you fools and King does another signing due to the business we are in and the cost for us to go there. From here up in the Great White North.. this is a trip in the thousands for us... Fingers crossed they allow one book a person.. that would be amazing!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post

Dan
    Once in Bookstore we only stood in line, after he signed the other books for us he asked if we wanted the Dictor Sleep books signed.cceven at one per person if he's offering to sign more in not going to say no. Yes doing something to ruin it for everybody else would be wrong. That being said see how it goes you never know

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Last evening, a very nice bookreading event with Stewart O´Nan in my hometown Hamburg.

Cargo room from the old general cargo ship, now a museum ship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cap_San_Diego

Down to the Cargo room

A nice 2hr event, Stewart O´Nan has read from his latest book The Odds, answered questions and signed books.

While he signed my books I could talk with him a little bit....

about the FAITHFUL not publishing in Germany problem, simply nobody understands/interested in baseball in Germany/Europe?
    He said.. YES... but it's funny that it was published in Poland.

Port of Hamburg

Ticket, Harbour Front Literaturfestival Flyer, Postcard and signed books

Die Chance - Leseexemplar

Stephen King - Stewart O´Nan
    Ein Gesicht in der Menge

The Speed Queen - ARC

Die Speed Queen - Leseexemplar

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like it was a really great event.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Frank
    Great stuff!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 158 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast