Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 714 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn you Feev, now i have to start reading Game of Thrones
    If you love me then love me..

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished FD/NS and I generally liked it ("fair Extension limped a little at the end). Maybe its just cause I recently re-read "Legion" by Blatty, but I got a real "Kinderman" hit off "Holt" the detective in "Good Marriage" in a vary good way. Sort of a "homage" I thought.

Now to the next book!!!! LOTR (Fellowship) full-time!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Damn you Feev, now i have to start reading Game of Thrones
    DO IT ! It's one of the most compelling high-fantasy series, certainly the most well rounded. If Martin is able to keep the momentum going forward and if the final novels are as fleshed out and intriguing as the ones released thus far, then this could be nothing short of a masterpiece in the making.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

This thread....

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    Reading The Stand currently
    My favorite King book!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    LOTR reread, The Fellowship of the Ring right now.
    Way to go, dude!!! In anticipation of my new display case for my LOTR 2nd edition books, I have been re-reading the LOTR as well!!! Just finished FD/NS and am on Fellowship. Cool beans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got my 2nd edition "The Hobbit" awesome book. Check my collection thread for pics!!!!!!
    I'm gonna be that person so plug your ears. I prefer the movie to the books. I know shame on me, but his writing style just is super ugh. Dont get me wrong the story is fantastic, but the journey of his writing and reading the book is not pleasurable for me at all. Its a hard read

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    Way to go, dude!!! In anticipation of my new display case for my LOTR 2nd edition books, I have been re-reading the LOTR as well!!! Just finished FD/NS and am on Fellowship. Cool beans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got my 2nd edition "The Hobbit" awesome book. Check my collection thread for pics!!!!!!
    I have to say this but I tried to read LOTR and had a horrible time. I read The Hobbit in its entirety and had to quit. It's not that the story was bad, it's that I am not good at reading things written in a different era. For example, I have a horrible time with Shakespeare and things that sound whimsical. I just don't have the vocabulary or patience.
    I'm in the same boat
    The writing is the best part for me. I love that kind of style, but I've honestly never been all that impressed with the LOTR story. In the end, I'd rather read Shakespeare. Guess that's just the way I roll... not everybody has the same interests.

I did like Jackson's films, though, to a degree. Better than I expected, anyway.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hey Jr., some of us liked Duma Key.
    I'm gonna mod-queue your ass
    Yeah? Well...

Your tribe has spoken.

You are the Weakest Link.

You have been evicted from the Big Brother household.

Auf Wiedersehen!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Glamour Chase - Gary Russell, part of the Doctor Who novel series. It's going to be a very quick read, I can tell, but it's good. It's enough to keep me at bay until Christmas, anyways, for new Who stuff.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    Reading The Stand currently
    My favorite King book!

I'm gonna be that person so plug your ears. I prefer the movie to the books. I know shame on me, but his writing style just is super ugh. Dont get me wrong the story is fantastic, but the journey of his writing and reading the book is not pleasurable for me at all. Its a hard read

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post

I have to say this but I tried to read LOTR and had a horrible time. I read The Hobbit in its entirety and had to quit. It's not that the story was bad, it's that I am not good at reading things written in a different era. For example, I have a horrible time with Shakespeare and things that sound whimsical. I just don't have the vocabulary or patience.
    I'm in the same boat
    The writing is the best part for me. I love that kind of style, but I've honestly never been all that impressed with the LOTR story. In the end, I'd rather read Shakespeare. Guess that's just the way I roll... not everybody has the same interests.

I did like Jackson's films, though, to a degree. Better than I expected, anyway.
    I never had a problem with Tolkien's writing, although I just skipped a lot of the "Songs". I have always enjoyed the Bard and the way you have to almost decipher the writing. They utilized the english language to it's fullest back in the day and in a way its refreshing.

So "Sing, song" if ya kennit
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

They utilized the english language to it's fullest back in the day and in a way its refreshing.
    Yea, verily, 'tis so.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently reading Xelucha And Others by M. P. Shiel.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am reading this:

It doesn't have an author attached to it, but a guy who is called Mac, or sometimes Mac Evasion wrote it. It is published by CrimethInc and can be reproduced by anyone except corporations in any form without permission.

"Evasion catalogs the travels and exploits of a straight-edge vegan young man who decided to not get a job or go to school after high school, despite his parents' wishes. The author decides that he does not want to spend his life and freedom working at a job he will despise, to produce revenue for a corporation, and so steps outside the boundaries of a traditional role in society."

"Evasion indirectly catalogs the excesses of American society by displaying, through the narrator's actions, how one can successfully (and to abundance) live off of the discards and surplus of others – both personal and commercial. The narrator does not subsist on surplus produce entirely, however, but also appropriates resources from businesses, exemplified by shoplifting compact disks from stores. The author often pauses his stories to include a tidbit of political theory, or to explain how he justifies a particular action. In essence, the work is a testament to the waste of modern civilization and the degree of racial, sexual, and class privilege that play into the author's experience."

It is a pretty good read, in my opinion.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

As of yesterday:
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Let The Right One In.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wheel of Time Book 4: The Shadow Rising

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished A Clash of Kings and am about to start A Storm of Swords. ACoK(hahahaha) was awesome. So far I have gotten 2 out of 3 brothers to start this series, and brother#3 is going to start when he's done travelling for work. I can't get over how good these books are, honestly. I'm trying to read them more slowly than I normally read books so that I get the most out of them, but they're so awesome it's hard not to fly through them. Good stuff.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I just finished A Clash of Kings and am about to start A Storm of Swords. ACoK(hahahaha) was awesome. So far I have gotten 2 out of 3 brothers to start this series, and brother#3 is going to start when he's done travelling for work. I can't get over how good these books are, honestly. I'm trying to read them more slowly than I normally read books so that I get the most out of them, but they're so awesome it's hard not to fly through them. Good stuff.

Such good books. I really need to re-read them sometime soon. It has been a while.

Have you have trouble keeping up with the giant heap of characters? I ended up listening to them in audio book form and it was much easier with there being distinct voiced for each person. I still had to wiki a person now and then, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a little trouble with the random knights and Kingsguard guys. Sometimes I have to go back and figure it out. My brother and I are reading them sorta at the same pace, and usually one of us remembers who someone is, so being able to ask eachother helps. I am amazed at how many characters there are though. It's pretty incredible.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Full Dark No Stars

....finally
    Sloth Love Chunk

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hooray! Best book series ever! When you're all caught up, venture on into the A Song of Ice and Fire thread here and see what different theories and suble hints GRRM puts into the story that you may have caught or missed. I loved the books the first time I read them, but then once I read about all the subtle things and read a bunch of different theories, it took it to a whole new level.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really want to delve into the ASOIAF-Message board(s) , but I already visit too many as it is. I don't know if I have the time/energy to start perusing another mb.

I say that now, but watch me have like 5,000 posts by the end of next months

For my own morbid curiosity - what's everyone's SN's over in Westeros ?

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Hooray! Best book series ever! When you're all caught up, venture on into the A Song of Ice and Fire thread here and see what different theories and suble hints GRRM puts into the story that you may have caught or missed. I loved the books the first time I read them, but then once I read about all the subtle things and read a bunch of different theories, it took it to a whole new level.
    I can't wait to be able to attack that thread. I've been trying so hard not to go into it too much, but everytime I sign in it's taunting me on the first page of Unread Posts

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Fevre Dream. Mys ister's had my copy for ages, and she couldn't find it, so I rebought it to reread. I kick ass.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

on a re-read of all seven Narnia books! WOOT WOOT! Have already been through The Dark Tower, Harry Potter and Twilight this year.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 714 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast