Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 406 of 714 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406 407 408 416 456 506 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    ...Most recently, Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451. I started it on Friday and finished on Saturday. This book blew me away. It was utterly beautiful. And it's so eerie how it was written so long ago, yet reflects our society today. I feel so lucky that I had a strong desire to read this book when I did. I have to put it on my list of top 10 books I ever read. Loved it!
    I bought this book at Target for $5 a few months ago, and it's been sitting on my shelf since then collecting dust. It's one of the few Signet classics I didn't get to read in HS. I think I'll have to bump it up on my list.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Just started Under the Dome
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I so hope you will like it!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dave Zeltserman's 21 Tales. Noir creepiness...
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started on the second part of "The Strain". Only 2030 pages in and it's starting to feel like a mistake, but I'll give it due process.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The Skin Map by Stephen R. Lawhead.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    ...Most recently, Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451. I started it on Friday and finished on Saturday. This book blew me away. It was utterly beautiful. And it's so eerie how it was written so long ago, yet reflects our society today. I feel so lucky that I had a strong desire to read this book when I did. I have to put it on my list of top 10 books I ever read. Loved it!
    I bought this book at Target for $5 a few months ago, and it's been sitting on my shelf since then collecting dust. It's one of the few Signet classics I didn't get to read in HS. I think I'll have to bump it up on my list.
    Me too. Exact same thing as Feev.

I'm reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Pretty good so far.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Hunger Games trilogy.

Currently reading, THE HELP THE NIGHT CIRCUS, by Erin Morgenstern

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I see what you did there.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What did you think of the Hunger Games? I really liked them but the writing was so clumsy it killed me. It was one of those books where I'm mentally rewriting it for her while I read.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    What did you think of the Hunger Games? I really liked them but the writing was so clumsy it killed me. It was one of those books where I'm mentally rewriting it for her while I read.
    I felt the same as you did.

I liked it, and it was worth reading, but the the way the main character's emotions were portrayed throughout the story felt a bit over the top. I think that could have been handled better in the hands in the hands of a more skilled writer. I felt the ending of the trilogy was appropriate, which kind of surprised me by that point.

On a side note, I'm not far into it, but I am enjoying THE NIGHT CIRCUS.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How are the second and third books in the Hunger trilogy compared to the first ?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How are the second and third books in the Hunger trilogy compared to the first ?
    For me, the first book reminded me of so many other stories I've read before, that I was pleased when the second and third books went beyond that.

I'm interested in others' opinions as well.

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

11/22/63

About 150 pages in!
    “All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.” - JLG

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Just started Under the Dome
    This. I'm about 100 pages in. Can't believe I've gone through that much as it feels like I've barely read any. I guess I read faster than I give myself credit. Me and my friend are reading the same books at the same time. We're thinking of doing Four Past Midnight next. How is The Library Policeman and The Sun Dog? I've only read the first two. I've proposed we read the stories backwards becaue I KNOW The Langoliers is awesome.

I think since I'm right back into reading mode after a couple years off I'll finally finish The Idiot when I'm done. I've got a few hundred pages left. It's just such a dense book to jump into have such a long hiatus lol.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me, the first book reminded me of so many other stories I've read before, that I was pleased when the second and third books went beyond that.

I'm interested in others' opinions as well.
    Definitely. I know everyone, including myself, compared the first one to Battle Royale, but I like the Hunger Games' ending much better, mostly because
    Battle Royale
    I also liked how
    Hunger Games Trilogy
    . But there was way too much
    Hunger Games Trilogy
    bullshit going on. I think it ended well but for a while I was just thinking "shut. the fuck. up." I'm really looking forward to the movie in that the story will be there but the shitty writing will hopefully not be.

Also, don't know about anyone else, but I was super pissed when
    Mockingjay

I could go on about these books for ages.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Halfway through The Joy Luck Club.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished "Horns: by Joe Hill 2 nights ago. Great composition but is a 3, hate flashbacks.
    On to Duma Key, fun so far
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Working my way through the third novel in the "Dresden" series. I've heard tons of good things about the novels, but I am having a hella hard time getting into them. I'm hoping if I keep toughing it out, they'll get better for me.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

and

The Bone House by Stephen R. Lawhead
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Finished "Horns: by Joe Hill 2 nights ago. Great composition but is a 3, hate flashbacks.
    On to Duma Key, fun so far
    Duma Key is one of my favorites, I hope you enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
    Let me know how this is, I've been wanting to read it for awhile now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Along the Path of the Beam tumbleweed will become famous soon enough tumbleweed will become famous soon enough tumbleweed's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    Working my way through the third novel in the "Dresden" series. I've heard tons of good things about the novels, but I am having a hella hard time getting into them. I'm hoping if I keep toughing it out, they'll get better for me.
    I love them!
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." -- George Washington

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent Bloch collection!

sk

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    I just finished book 9 last night and I really like them. I don't think they're very....deep?....but they're very fast paced and extremely entertaining. The only thing I don't like is how he has to re-explain everything every book. I know what a fucken soulgaze is by now, quit explaining it to me every fucken book, sheesh.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 406 of 714 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406 407 408 416 456 506 ... LastLast