Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 371 of 714 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Well, if it's a particularly terrible book, you're forgiven, feev. If not, no excuses.
    I'm reading World War Z. Content-wise, I love it. The author uses a hypothetical zombie apocalypse as a backdrop to tackle virtually every political and social issue you can imagine. What's giving me a hard time is the format in which it's written, it's told through the POV's of dozens of survivors. It's a bit jarring to keep switching locations and tone of narration every few pages. Still, I'm glad I've stuck with it because it really is a great novel, just a few more pages left to go.
    I totally agree with your summation!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading World War Z. Content-wise, I love it. The author uses a hypothetical zombie apocalypse as a backdrop to tackle virtually every political and social issue you can imagine.
    That was exactly my problem with Brave New World. I liked the idea of it, but the novel seemed more of a platform for Huxley to state his political and world views. That would be the thing to hang me up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know exactly what you guys mean. I've been reading this novel in the Faction Paradox series called This Town Will Never Let Us Go. Now, it's got some brilliant and mind boggling ideas, but where's the fucking plot? I've been reading it on and off for about a year, now! It's only 280 pages, too!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh , well , now suddenly I don't feel so bad I've been inching my way through this book for a good while now. I'm near the finish line now though with a little under 20 pages to go so I'll be moving on to greener pastures momentarily.

I want to read The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest next, but gah ... I have so .. many ... other books in my backlog.

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Believe it or not, Adumbros, there are in fact other writers in this country than J.K. Rowling!

Spoiler:
    I haven't read any of them...
    you should check out Moody. Normally I'm not a big proponent of (post-1995) horror fiction but it was some good shit.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

This:

Also, got to meet the author:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there an author you haven't met yet ?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading The Passage by Justin Cronin...fantastic story and great loveable characters.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brice! You haven't read it before?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I have delayed and delayed reading it. The other day I saw it at my work for 10 bucks and decided I had to get it though. Now I need the S/L.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I say this alot, but I'm still kicking myself for not ordering the S/L. Had it been published after I read it, I would have bought a copy.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Believe it or not, Adumbros, there are in fact other writers in this country than J.K. Rowling!

Spoiler:
    I haven't read any of them...
    , I love it DD

Just finished Purple Place for Dying (my favorite of the three McGee novels I have read so far), now reading Salem's Lot
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

ME!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Just finished The Passage last night... fabulous
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting for Chuck Palahniuk and Haruki Murakami sightings.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    ME!
    True.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am about to start "The Hunger Games." A friend of mine suggested it at the beginning of the year and just got a copy from the library.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished my reread of Duma Key and have started to reread Black House. I'm going to interrupt this, though, to read "Under the Weather", the new story in the TPB of Full Dark, No Stars.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just an observation, and I am probably considered an "Old Fart", but Adumbros, why do you always seem to feel the need to call women "bitches" and "cuss" profusely? Don't get me wrong I can cuss with the best amongst buddies, but it seems a bit "out of place" in a public forum. You seem like a fairly intelligent guy and that manner, IMHO, hardly furthers that impression.

Again, I'm probably "old school" with dated values, but at least with regard to the ladies some decorum would seem to serve you well. As I said, just an observation, use it or don't it's totally your choice.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Finished:
    THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
    and
    THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE.
    How was TGWTDT, Patrick? I've been on the fence about reading it ever since they were published. I can't decide if I like the plot or not.
    To be honest, I knew nothing about the plot. I only knew they were well loved stories, so I decided to read the first one. I liked it enough to go straight to the second.
    I want to read The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest next, but gah ... I have so .. many ... other books in my backlog.
    I plan to read this in the near future, but I decided to wait a while (after reading the first two back to back) since there won't be any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Currently reading The Passage by Justin Cronin...fantastic story and great loveable characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Just finished The Passage last night... fabulous
    I agree with you both. Glad you're both getting around to reading the book!

G, love the photo with author!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just an observation, and I am probably considered an "Old Fart", but Adumbros, why do you always seem to feel the need to call women "bitches" and "cuss" profusely? Don't get me wrong I can cuss with the best amongst buddies, but it seems a bit "out of place" in a public forum. You seem like a fairly intelligent guy and that manner, IMHO, hardly furthers that impression.

Again, I'm probably "old school" with dated values, but at least with regard to the ladies some decorum would seem to serve you well. As I said, just an observation, use it or don't it's totally your choice.
    No, not exactly. It is rather the policy of the site.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Based on Jean's recommendation I am finally, for the first time, reading IT. Only 300 pages into IT so far but am loving IT so far. I'm going to have to read for a day or two and put IT down for a day or two and read for a day or two.....etc...etc...etc...to make IT last. I bought the gift edition anniversary issue but went to Half-Price Books for a copy to read! Best $7 I've spent this year.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

I've started IT twice and never finished it, not because it's bad or anything, but just drifted off to something else. And now that there's a ridiculous volume of books on the bookcases I have yet to read, will probably never get around to it.
    In Digitized Remorse

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Half way through "A Feast for Crows". This is actually the first book in the series that I'm having a little trouble getting through. For whatever reason I'm not feeling the same "vibe" as I did with the other ones.

My Mood
    Worried

I am going to the bookstore today to pick up my copy of The Stranger's sequel. It's a series by Max Frei and I looooooooooooooooooooooooved that first book... been waiting 2 years for the translation and printing of the second book. Has Bears read any Max Frei, I wonder?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 371 of 714 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 ... LastLast