Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 714 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 508 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    How is that?? I've almost picked it up twice now.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have recently learned that our dear, Shannon, does not read as much as he collects!!! To me, that is blasphemy, and we should all get this boy back to books!!! Reader's unite and get this guy reading again!!! Any supporters? Recomendations? Harassing PM's?

I'm just finishing "The Fall" of 'The Strain" books, FWIW

Reading is FUN-Damental!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My first James A. Moore title - so far, I'm loving it!
    Great book!!

sk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Recently finished THE NIGHT CIRCUS. Loved it. Need to decide on my next book now...

Oh yeah, I think I promised Jean I'd read, ROADWORK. Decision made.
    Ahem....

It.....

Ha! Yeah, that too.

I have had a couple short books I've been meaning to read for quite a while, so I'm knocking those out first:

Just finished, THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME, by Mark Haddon

Currently reading, BEATRICE & VIRGIL, by Yann Martel

Then I'll get back to King.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I started reading "Ready Player One" but I was turned off by a two-page atheistic rant early on. To each his own, but it just struck me as being completely out of place. I'm sure I'll give it another try at some point, but I hope the pace picks up soon.

I recently read "The Big Short" and enjoyed it a bunch.

I am currently reading an ARC of "Killing Ghost" by Christopher Ransom, due out soon from Cemetary Dance. Very well done so far; reminds me of "John Dies at the End".

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    How is that?? I've almost picked it up twice now.
    It's pretty entertaining, especially if you're a big fan of video games and pop culture. The only thing that irks me is that it suffers from Harry Potter syndrome, where the novel has no internal logic and the author takes free reign with spamming convenient plot devices to hinder or help the heroes quest as suits his whim. Still, it's only his first novel and the seeds for him to blossom into a fantastic writer are definitely there. A very fast paced read and I'm usually reading large chunks of it at a time. I say check it out.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Possibly one of the greatest books ever published:
    Spoiler:
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears want some too

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Spoiler:
    Wait....that's a real thing? That's fantastic! Also, why don't I have that book yet?

Also, James....now you have no excuse for not having every single line memorized by the next time we watch it together. Assuming you don't already, that is...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You told me how difficult it is to find the dvd over there, I can't imagine finding the book would be any easier!

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jennifer:

he obviously does

so will I, on next re-watch

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there's always the internet....or, you know, I can just get it when I'm over there, I suppose

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Spoiler:
    Wait....that's a real thing? That's fantastic! Also, why don't I have that book yet?

Also, James....now you have no excuse for not having every single line memorized by the next time we watch it together. Assuming you don't already, that is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Jennifer:

he obviously does

so will I, on next re-watch
    Completely true...except now I get to memorise the stage directions, too!

Well, there's always the internet....or, you know, I can just get it when I'm over there, I suppose
    That's one thing to add to the list, I'd say!

- Melike

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another Moore novel.
    Loved Harvest Moon; from what I've heard, this one's better.

sk

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=DoctorDodge;674355]
    That's one thing to add to the list, I'd say!
    And....list updated. This is gonna be great

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini....because once I start a series, I have to read all the currently published books in row without stopping.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

About to start the first book in The Hunger Games series! Sai King liked it so it's got to be good!

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

This book rocked:

This one was pretty good:

And I just finished this one, too. It was thoroughly enjoyable, if you're into graphic novels:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished BEATRICE & VIRGIL, by Yann Martel. I had no idea what I was getting into. Wow.

Currently reading, ROADWORK, by Richard Bachman.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Let me know how you like it Patrick. I plan to read it after Black House.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Re reading the dark tower series since the books I want to read aren't coming out until the end of the year. It would be nice if when I buy the kindle versions I could choose what covers I wanted.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Started book 2 of the Star Wars X-Wing series today - Wedge's Gambit.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading the graphic novel of "American Vampire Vol. 3". It is awesome! It even includes "American Vampire Survival of the fittest"!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 714 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 508 ... LastLast