Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 714 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    brian keene - conspiracy of one
    The Offspring are suing for copyright infringement.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    It. Definitely. After The Stand, it's my favorite King book.
    Yes, indeed; not counting TDT, those are his best. I'd say that after It, The Stand is my favorite King book.
    Must you ALWAYS be so contrary?

I'm NOT being contrary.
    In fact, just the opposite.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It's much better than the film, Candy. I think you'll enjoy it.
    I just got the film as well, I was debating about reading a bit then watching a bit. But I thought that would ruin them both, so I am reading the book first.

So far so good, its like a twisted version of The Karate kid so far

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend what you're doing now: book first, then film.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading "From a Buick 8" by Stephen King. This is one of my most favorite books by SK. There are Buick's everywhere!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Children of the Night by Dan Simmons

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Slob by Rex Miller - not something I would normally read, but the book was a gift, and I try not to pass up the chance to read something new.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why is that, Eric? Why you wouldn't normally read that book I mean. I have never read anything by Rex Miller but I've heard good things about this book.

I am currently reading THE FALL (sequel to THE STRAIN by Del Toro and Hogan). I like these books a lot!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Why is that, Eric? Why you wouldn't normally read that book I mean. I have never read anything by Rex Miller but I've heard good things about this book.

I am currently reading THE FALL (sequel to THE STRAIN by Del Toro and Hogan). I like these books a lot!
    I guess I meant to say it this way....

I've heard nothing but good things about it either, so I'm glad I am reading it. But, if I was in a store or library looking for something new to read, I don't know if I would have picked it up myself. Horror is not my number one genre (King excluded). There are so many talented authors out there, I'd never be able to read them all. So far, it is a good read.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I thought you meant. One of the things I like about TDT.org is that I learn about so many authors I did not know and I look forward to reading many of them, Rex Miller included. I'm not really a horror fan either, but I'd be happy to give some books/authors a chance.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    That's what I thought you meant. One of the things I like about TDT.org is that I learn about so many authors I did not know and I look forward to reading many of them, Rex Miller included. I'm not really a horror fan either, but I'd be happy to give some books/authors a chance.
    When I'm done with it, I'll send it to you if you like.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That would actually be cool. I got it from Jerome, sent it to you, you can send it Michael.

Michael, I LOVED The Strain and The Fall. I don't want to give anything away but I don't know where they can go after The Fall.

I'm reading Bone Marrow Stew by Tim Curran. GREAT stuff.

Traveler redrose is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

well, i will start with the Karamsov Brothers (found it for $2 usd!) and other about java or jakarta..have been trying to read it for months.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell, 50-50 because Ricky highly recommended it and another friend really liked the movie.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

The Looking Glass Wars (book 1) by by Frank Beddor
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell, 50-50 because Ricky highly recommended it and another friend really liked the movie.
    YES.

And then you are commanded to watch the film. Immediately.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it a quick read, Rick ? Or is it a lengthy novel ? I want to watch the film, but if it's a quick read then I might just do the book first.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

It's short, about the size of something you'd have to read in high school.
    And I still haven't picked it up.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Is it a quick read, Rick ? Or is it a lengthy novel ? I want to watch the film, but if it's a quick read then I might just do the book first.
    It's fairly short. I believe a little less than 200 pages. It's one of those rare situations where you might enjoy it more if you watch first, then read, at least it was for me. The film packs such an emotional punch and while the novel does as well, the film might be just a little better in that regard. I'd say watch, then use the novel as a means to further flesh out the characters.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Currently reading: Warhammer 40,000: Ravenor by Dan Abnett.

Been a fan of a lot of Abnett's comic stuff in 2000AD, especially when they concern epic battles and bloody violence in spades. I've heard the Warhammer 40K books have plenty of this, and unsurprisingly, I've heard his books specifically were the best for epic scifi carnage. Considering I'm barely over 10 pages in and already some pretty sweet action has taken place, I'd say it definitely looks to be promising!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    It's fairly short. I believe a little less than 200 pages. It's one of those rare situations where you might enjoy it more if you watch first, then read, at least it was for me. The film packs such an emotional punch and while the novel does as well, the film might be just a little better in that regard. I'd say watch, then use the novel as a means to further flesh out the characters.
    I'm currently 150 pages into George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire: Storm of Swords. Every book seems short when you compare them to that series.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Road Dogs

by Elmore Leonard
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I have decided to read the Dark Tower books after all. I am reading Wolves of the Calla.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're not starting with Wolves, are you?

John

My Mood
    Angelic

Winter's Bone took one bubble bath to knock out. Man, that was bleak and depressing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 714 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 ... LastLast