Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 712 of 714 FirstFirst ... 212 612 662 702 710 711 712 713 714 LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,800 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Calle Claus - Findrella
    +
    Mord im Fjord
    Scandinavische Crime Ladies

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Not that anyone cares but I'm halfway through THE SOUTHERN BOOK CLUB'S GUIDE TO SLAYING VAMPIRES by Grady Hendrix and loving it. He's mentioned 'SALEM'S LOT, LIVE GIRLS, PSYCHO and I forget how many other books I've read. This is the fourth Hendrix book I'll have read and I've enjoyed every one of them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Just finished the anthology Prime Evil. It's neck to neck with Dark Forces as my favourite anthology. My favourites were stories by Barker, Morrell, Liggoti, Straub and Jack Cady. The dissociation scene in Juniper Tree and pretty much every word of "By Reason of Darkness" (Cady) is why I read horror.

I've had this book for 15 years. I don't why it took me this long to read it. I guess it all worked out because now I'm looking up used books by Jack Cady on eBay and definitely will have to read more Straub and Morrell in the future.
    A nice collection to be sure.

I skipped the Straub entry on my last pass through it in order to save it for when I get around to reading a larger Straub collection I have (Borderlands' short fiction collection), but the Barker one is very good, and I've always been obsessed with the Morrell one.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gary Fry published a new novella two days ago:
    https://www.fantasticfiction.com/f/g...eft-behind.htm

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

finally reading My Sunshine Away by M.O. Walsh after my friend lent it to me like four years ago. I'm about a third in and it's really good so far. Very easy to read and just sink right into. Interesting way to tell a story about this kind of subject matter. Should be done it in a couple days. Then i'm going to finish my re-read of Catch-22 I started during school and then fell off.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Not that anyone cares but I'm halfway through THE SOUTHERN BOOK CLUB'S GUIDE TO SLAYING VAMPIRES by Grady Hendrix and loving it. He's mentioned 'SALEM'S LOT, LIVE GIRLS, PSYCHO and I forget how many other books I've read. This is the fourth Hendrix book I'll have read and I've enjoyed every one of them.
    I loved this one. It might be my favorite of his. Have you read How to Sell a Haunted House yet? That one is really good as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I loved this one. It might be my favorite of his. Have you read How to Sell a Haunted House yet? That one is really good as well.
    Yes, I liked HAUNTED HOUSE very much. A tear rolled down my cheek at the end of MY BEST FRIEND'S EXORCISM (something must of got in my eye). After I'm finished with the book I'm reading now (THE BIG BUNDLE by Max Allan Collins), I plan to read THE FINAL GIRL SUPPORT GROUP.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the impossible times Trilogy. Quite good. Tracking down signed copies now.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Club Dumas
    Engine Summer

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I liked HAUNTED HOUSE very much. A tear rolled down my cheek at the end of MY BEST FRIEND'S EXORCISM (something must of got in my eye). After I'm finished with the book I'm reading now (THE BIG BUNDLE by Max Allan Collins), I plan to read THE FINAL GIRL SUPPORT GROUP.
    Let me know what you think of The Final Girl Support Group when you get to it. I tried to read it, but couldn't get into it so put it down. Maybe I should try to revisit it again.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Club Dumas
    Although TCD wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, it was still a notable and enjoyable read, and I'm curious to see what Centipede does with it.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The Club Dumas
    Although TCD wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, it was still a notable and enjoyable read, and I'm curious to see what Centipede does with it.
    I'm at 51% (I received another 2 month free Kindle Unlimited offer) and I'm not quite sure what to make of the story. All the detective work is happening a little too fast. I'm enjoying it though, especially the parts about book making.

Currently reading Mark Samuels " Witch-Cult Abbey" and "The Best of Shadows."

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...I'm enjoying it though, especially the parts about book making.
    That's the thing; I find so few books about books (something I love and crave) that even imperfect ones get a lot of my love.

Country
    Country Flag

...I'm enjoying it though, especially the parts about book making.
    That's the thing; I find so few books about books (something I love and crave) that even imperfect ones get a lot of my love.
    You might find this interesting:
    https://www.amazon.ca/Haunted-Books-...%2C810&sr=8-10

I've heard great things about Valentine but haven't read him yet.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That looks awesome.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finishing off my reread of Catch-22. Such a fantastic book. Funny as hell.

Thinking I'm going to try to squeeze in Anna Karenina before school starts back up. I started it a few years back but that was when I got burned out on reading. I was really enjoying it too.

Taking a class on the art and history of The Novel as an art form this semester. I can't wait.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You just reminded me that I want to check out the Catch 22 show on Hulu. I heard its pretty damn good for an adaptation.

Let me know what you think of The Final Girl Support Group when you get to it. I tried to read it, but couldn't get into it so put it down. Maybe I should try to revisit it again.
    Just finished it (about one AM). My least favorite (so far) of the Hendrix books, but it did have some good moments. I started getting confused about which character was which about halfway through, but I just kept reading and it got sorted out. All in all, I liked it well enough.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the first Invincible omnibus. God dang I didn't know the series was this long

Country
    Country Flag

The Club Dumas
    Finished TCB last night. It's a solid 3.5/5. Things fell apart for me with the introduction of the actual TCB. I didn't really like that questions/mysteries went unanswered. I wasn't a big fan of the protagonosit either.

Edit: ugh. I seem like such a Debbie Downer. The critique comes from disappointment because the book could've been so much more. I read those last two chapters and couldn't believe that those were conclusion to the plot(s). Too bad.

I just reread The Andromeda Strain. Now that's a book.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Justin Cronin’s latest, The Ferryman, which I really enjoyed.

Just need to find some time now to do a re-read of The Passage trilogy.

Country
    Country Flag

John Varley - Good-bye Robinson Crusoe and Other Stories

The Book of the Dead anthology

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Devil Takes You Home
    Gabino Iglesias

This book is making me nervous. Only half way through but I am actually scared at what might be coming, he went hard on this one!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Kingfish" about the life of Huey Long. Some amazing parallels with current politics.

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished The Tea Master and the Detective by Aliette de Bodard. The story was much, much better than the title. I'll definitely read more stories set in the same universe.

Glorious Beasts by Gary McMahon was very good too. The Hills Have Eyes + Jack Ketchum "Off Season" + a little bit of The Road. McMahon was an accidental discovery and now he's my go-to when I need a horror fix.

Currently reading: Philip Fracassi - Don't Let Them Get You Down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 712 of 714 FirstFirst ... 212 612 662 702 710 711 712 713 714 LastLast