Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended TV we SHOULD be watching

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've never watched Seinfield. For some reason, it was never that big in the UK.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I've never watched Seinfield. For some reason, it was never that big in the UK.
    That's cool, but check out "Curb your enthusiasm" anyway. It won't disappoint!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Breaking Bad is solid.

Lost is long over and I never watched a single episode until after it was over, but I watched all of the seasons in about 4 weeks after I started. I liked it a lot.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I really want to see Curb Your Enthusiasm but I've never had HBO and I don't know anyone who has it and I certainly can't afford to buy it
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have just finished watching the premiere season of Game of Thrones.
    So Good!

HBO medieval themed show. Just like many other HBO shows (Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire etc), Game of Thrones doesn't pull any punches with its violence, language, sex etc.
    I can't wait for season two next year.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I have just finished watching the premiere season of Game of Thrones.
    So Good!

HBO medieval themed show. Just like many other HBO shows (Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire etc), Game of Thrones doesn't pull any punches with its violence, language, sex etc.
    I can't wait for season two next year.
    I finished watching it a few weeks ago, and loved it. I went out and bought the book the next day and can happily inform you its better than the series - although the series did follow very very closely with the book.

I can't wait for the next series

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

For fans of British humour I recommend:

Green Wing
    Black Books
    Father Ted
    Misfits
    The Inbetweeners
    Outnumbered

I don't really watch a lot of dramas, any other series I get into tends to be US scifi type stuff like Buffy, American Gothic, Carnivale and Supernatural. However, I finally started watching the Deadwood boxset I was bought for Christmas and it is amazing!! If you have a bit of a thing for the Wild West, like I do, then you will LOVE it!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I am not listening.

I must live some time, no?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Father Ted = TOPŹ!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Green Wing
    Black Books
    Father Ted
    Misfits
    The Inbetweeners
    Outnumbered

I don't really watch a lot of dramas, any other series I get into tends to be US scifi type stuff like Buffy, American Gothic, Carnivale and Supernatural. However, I finally started watching the Deadwood boxset I was bought for Christmas and it is amazing!! If you have a bit of a thing for the Wild West, like I do, then you will LOVE it!
    I LOVE Father Ted! I just finished watching the entire series on DVD a week or so ago, actually. For me, the series was solely worth watching for Father Dougal alone There are so many good quotes...

Ted: "Well, I called the doctor. He's definitely dead. The not breathing was a good sign, but the stopped heart gave it away."
    Dougal: "Are you sure, Ted? That happened to my uncle once....his heart stopped beating for a whole week and he survived!"
    Ted: "Really?"
    Dougal: "Emm.....no. Now that I think about it, he died. Sorry."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yeah I really want to see Curb Your Enthusiasm but I've never had HBO and I don't know anyone who has it and I certainly can't afford to buy it
    Rent it, or you can probably find it to download somewhere. Well worth it. It's one of my favorites.
    And is it weird with how much I love Curb, that I've never seen Seinfeld?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And is it weird with how much I love Curb, that I've never seen Seinfeld?
    You take that back.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Ted: "Well, I called the doctor. He's definitely dead. The not breathing was a good sign, but the stopped heart gave it away."
    Dougal: "Are you sure, Ted? That happened to my uncle once....his heart stopped beating for a whole week and he survived!"
    Ted: "Really?"
    Dougal: "Emm.....no. Now that I think about it, he died. Sorry."
    Agreed, Dougal is comedy gold...although in the episode where the Bishop comes to visit, Father Jack takes the biscuit!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Which episode with the Bishop? My personal favorite is the one after the football game, and a certain forfeit Ted has to accomplish, with photo documentation...
    or are you referring to the episode with the quotes "That would be an ecumenical matter..." and "Sorry about that, Bishop Brennan. Will it still be a class 2 relic after they, you know...remove it?"

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahahaaa!! Both come to think of it! Infact I was thinking of a combination of the dare and the phrases that Jack was coached to say

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, never did watch Father Ted when it was on. Saw one or two eps round a mate's house, but I need to watch more eps, methinks.

Oh, and for more classic British comedy, another show I like to think of as a masterpiece in surrealism: Snuff Box. Only one series made, as it was put on so late at the time of broadcast, but it was brilliant. Nothing short of being fucking bizzare genius. I watched some Monty Python afterwards, but everything I've seen so far hasn't quite matched the brilliance of Snuff Box yet. Recommended to anyone who's a fan of black humour or just fucking weird-arsed comedy.

Also off your list Lisa is Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. That show just gets better with age. Quotable and funny as fuck! "You just can't stand it, can you Dag? You just can't stand it that this time...I got the girl!" Heather, as a fan of cheesy horror, this is definitely a show you'd appreciate!

And what everybody should be watching in 4 days? The second half of Doctor Who: Series 6, of course! Anyone who's not interested, I've got 3 words for ya:

Let's.

Kill.

Hitler.

With an awesome title like that, how could you not want to watch this show?!?

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HEY!!

I have to agree the game of thrones show was AMAZING!!!! The books are obviously much much better but the show did stick pretty darn close
    Being Human is a show EVERYONE should be watching when it starts again I'm also a huge fan of Weeds - despite it slightly jumping the shark about 2 seasons ago

Jamesey
    xxx

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, never did watch Father Ted when it was on. Saw one or two eps round a mate's house, but I need to watch more eps, methinks.

Who: Series 6, of course! Anyone who's not interested, I've got 3 words for ya:

Let's.

Kill.

Hitler.

I can't beleive you have never gotten into Father Ted - its fab!!!! and needs to be watched as a series then you get to know the characters

And Dr who!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you see the Awesome Rory on GMTV?

Quote Originally Posted by JameseyLefebure View Post
    HEY!!

I have to agree the game of thrones show was AMAZING!!!! The books are obviously much much better but the show did stick pretty darn close
    Being Human is a show EVERYONE should be watching when it starts again I'm also a huge fan of Weeds - despite it slightly jumping the shark about 2 seasons ago

Jamesey
    xxx
    Jamesey is in the Dark Tower

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post

Who: Series 6, of course! Anyone who's not interested, I've got 3 words for ya:

Let's.

Kill.

Hitler.

I can't beleive you have never gotten into Father Ted - its fab!!!! and needs to be watched as a series then you get to know the characters

And Dr who!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you see the Awesome Rory on GMTV?
    Unfortunatly not, candy. I'll look for it on youtube later.

And regarding Father Ted: it's not so much that i never got into it as that I didn't have much of a chance to: I never truly caught it when it was on. I'm sure i'd enjoy it though if i started watching it: I greatly enjoyed Black Books and The IT Crowd, after all!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and for more classic British comedy, another show I like to think of as a masterpiece in surrealism: Snuff Box. Only one series made, as it was put on so late at the time of broadcast, but it was brilliant. Nothing short of being fucking bizzare genius. I watched some Monty Python afterwards, but everything I've seen so far hasn't quite matched the brilliance of Snuff Box yet. Recommended to anyone who's a fan of black humour or just fucking weird-arsed comedy.

Also off your list Lisa is Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. That show just gets better with age. Quotable and funny as fuck! "You just can't stand it, can you Dag? You just can't stand it that this time...I got the girl!" Heather, as a fan of cheesy horror, this is definitely a show you'd appreciate!

And what everybody should be watching in 4 days? The second half of Doctor Who: Series 6, of course! Anyone who's not interested, I've got 3 words for ya:

Let's.

Kill.

Hitler.

You know, I heard that was a good show? Do you really recommend me checking it out, though? Are you sure it'll be my thing?

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL @ Candy!

I found my way back here again!! I figured the TV forum is always a good place to start again!!!

Not long till new WHO!!!!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Green Wing
    Black Books
    Father Ted
    Misfits
    The Inbetweeners
    Outnumbered

So I'm a little bit late on the game responding to this, but ... yay! I'm glad you're watching Deadwood. I seem to recall something about Lovejoy and me telling you about Deadwood like three years ago.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I'm finally watching the 2nd season of Deadwood myself, Hannah. (Well, when I'm not watching Doctor Who or Supernatural, the latter of which I've just started to check out. As a fan of monsters and cliches when they're done with a slight knowing wink to the audience, this is right up my street!) Still weird to think of Lovejoy swearing so fucking much all the fucking time, then I watch the show and Ian McShane just dominates the role so well I just forget about it.

- Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    Boardwalk Empire
    Justified
    Walking Dead
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Yeah, I'm finally watching the 2nd season of Deadwood myself, Hannah. (Well, when I'm not watching Doctor Who or Supernatural, the latter of which I've just started to check out. As a fan of monsters and cliches when they're done with a slight knowing wink to the audience, this is right up my street!) Still weird to think of Lovejoy swearing so fucking much all the fucking time, then I watch the show and Ian McShane just dominates the role so well I just forget about it.
    I tried to watch Lovejoy after I watched Deadwood and I couldn't get into it after watching Ian McShane as Swearingen. It was too weird. Deadwood is one of my all time favorite series.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast