Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Travis a lot, actually. I think it's because he's such a softie, trying to be the peacekeeper, to be congenial to everyone, to watch out for everyone, but in trying to please everyone he keeps leaving people out. His progressive, anti-gun views are humourous considering what the show is about. He still in denial about what is actually happening even though his entire family seems to have already at least accepted the world is changing they must start to change with it. He's kind of the anti-Rick Grimes, which I think is an interesting dynamic going forward. Outside of Salazar, not a single character on this show is the least bit prepared for the zombie apocalypse, and I like that.

The show really, REALLY, needs a strong, STRONG finale to season one. Something along the lines of Season Two of The Walking Dead. Give us, for the first time, tons of walkers and make all these characters truly understand what the world now is. Seems the obvious way to do it is for one of the family to get bitten and turn, but it might be a little early for that. If I was writing the show, I'd keep the entire family alive through the first two seasons so that when one of them finally goes down it is impactful.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

To prepare for Season Six I rewatched Season Four. It's just so damn good. The Governor episodes, the mid-season finale. The second half when they are all separated and stranded out in the world. So many solid episodes in a row. Rick Grimes and Jack Bauer are still the only two people in TV history (that I know of) that bit out someone's juggular. I love in the second half of season four, after a season and a half of humans being the biggest threat to see how the walkers are still the primary threat out there. A few episodes into season five now. Think the episode with the Abrams flashbacks are up next, which has the one of the more poignant moments on the show along with Sophia walking out of the barn and the end of Lizzie and Mikka.

One thing I really love about the two latest seasons is how they constantly acknowledge the history of the show and things that have happened, which is something I hope they continue doing because it really helps the show's universe feel authentic and the character's more grounded.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome finale. Great zombie action which was nicely held off until now. It was pretty intense at parts. In some ways, Fear The Walking Dead has more of a horror movie feel to it than The Walking Dead does, but maybe that's just me. This episode and the Season Two Finale of TWD were the two episodes which most had a zombie movie feel to them and I really enjoyed that aspect, which can really only be employed every so often to keep the big episodes feeling that way. And I called that the ex-wife would be the first to go. That potential love-triangle/character tension between the two wives would have gotten aggravating really fast. And the episode made me like Travis as a character even more, the way he so damn quickly threw the ideals he was determined to hold onto right out the window when he beat the shit out of that guy was simply great. No hesitation. Just instantly correcting his error in judgment.

Now a long ass week of waiting for Season Six of TWD to start. Has it been released when Season Two of FTWD will start up? I wonder if they're just going to run it straight through after TWD ends, or fill in the mid-season gap of TWD with half a season of FTWD.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the wrap up episode but wish the "season" would have been longer. It is hard to stay interested in a show that has so few episodes. I will not be anxiously waiting for season 2 because I frankly am not vested into the show or any of the characters.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Walking Dead was the same way. I liked the six episode first season, but we didn't get much in the way of character development until Season Two.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The difference for me is that TWD was a new world whereas FTWD is only exploring an already established backdrop. Character development was critical to me in FTWD and they just didn't get very far with it. I will still watch the show but they didn't hook me...the concept hooked me but not the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Walking Dead was the same way. I liked the six episode first season, but we didn't get much in the way of character development until Season Two.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank God we can now look forward to the series premiere!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now a long ass week of waiting for Season Six of TWD to start. Has it been released when Season Two of FTWD will start up? I wonder if they're just going to run it straight through after TWD ends, or fill in the mid-season gap of TWD with half a season of FTWD.
    In order to fill the gap between the first half of The Walking Dead and the second half, Fear the Walking Dead would already have to begun shooting by now. As far as I know, shooting has not begun. Hell, who knows if they even have any scripts yet.

Anyway, I thought it was a strong finale, especially right up until the end. I thought they fell into some cliche territory. Travis lets the soldier go. Everybody and his brother knew the soldier was going to come back into the picture and cause trouble. Of course, we've all seen this happen countless times (Hello, Saving Private Ryan and fuck you Upham). I guess he just hung out in the shadows for a while. Oh well, whatever.

The other was the ending. I'm getting tired of the "big reveal" that somebody was secretly bitten. It's been done before on TWD and every zombie movie since the beginning of time.

I certainly didn't love Fear the Walking Dead, but I will look forward to its return.

Also, I've been saying for over a decade that if there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd find a boat and drop anchor in the middle of the ocean. That or a lighthouse.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, FTWD was greenlit for a second season before the first episode even aired so I'd imagine they've already been going to work on scripts for the past few weeks. If I'm not mistaken, for an hour-long drama, each episode from pre through post production usually takes about three weeks (then you have the craziness of South Park where they literally make the episode the week before it airs). So for 8 episodes they should be done filming after about ten weeks or so, and 8 episodes would be through post production 4 months. They could air it in the break if they wanted to. Chances are though that they will air it straight through in the summer without a break because they have 8 months to work on it while TWD is airing.

I don't think being out on the ocean is a very good idea. It would be fine to start, and you could move fairly safely from place to place, finding safe havens to scrounge for supplies. But a lot of people would probably head for the coast to have water at their backs and one less direction to worry about walkers, so the chances of finding supplies along the coast would probably dry up real fast. Out on the ocean you have no access to fresh water unless you have the supplies or technology to distill ocean water and make it drinkable. If you were on the east coast you would have hurricanes etc to deal with. The biggest problem with being on a boat would be other people with boats, with a lot of guns, who might want whatever you have. Unlike being on land, you don't really have many options in terms of retreat, especially if you happen to run out of boat fuel. I don't think being on a boat is a viable long-term solution. If anything, it will make you weaker and less prepared for combatting people/walkers because you're not encountering them as often.

Now, taking a boat to an island...that is a better option. Unlike World War Z's zombies which just walked out from the ocean onto beaches, TWD zombies don't seem to be very mobile in water, so I think an island would be the best bet. I know if a zombie apocalypse happened I'd be high-tailing it up to Temagami. Low population per hectare means less chance of zombies. There are hundreds if not thousands of islands to use, and you can do all your travelling by canoe, and in the winter, provided you have gas, you can snowmobile anywhere on the lake. That's a big part of the problem with being down south during a zombie apocalypse is the population. There are vasts stretches of land up here which are relatively uninhabited (Province of Manitoba has a population of 1.2 million, over half of which is in one city). I wouldn't even want to know what a zombie apocalypse in a place like Japan, China, or India would be like. At least in American there is no shortage of guns lol.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, FTWD was greenlit for a second season before the first episode even aired so I'd imagine they've already been going to work on scripts for the past few weeks. If I'm not mistaken, for an hour-long drama, each episode from pre through post production usually takes about three weeks (then you have the craziness of South Park where they literally make the episode the week before it airs). So for 8 episodes they should be done filming after about ten weeks or so, and 8 episodes would be through post production 4 months. They could air it in the break if they wanted to. Chances are though that they will air it straight through in the summer without a break because they have 8 months to work on it while TWD is airing.

I don't think being out on the ocean is a very good idea. It would be fine to start, and you could move fairly safely from place to place, finding safe havens to scrounge for supplies. But a lot of people would probably head for the coast to have water at their backs and one less direction to worry about walkers, so the chances of finding supplies along the coast would probably dry up real fast. Out on the ocean you have no access to fresh water unless you have the supplies or technology to distill ocean water and make it drinkable. If you were on the east coast you would have hurricanes etc to deal with. The biggest problem with being on a boat would be other people with boats, with a lot of guns, who might want whatever you have. Unlike being on land, you don't really have many options in terms of retreat, especially if you happen to run out of boat fuel. I don't think being on a boat is a viable long-term solution. If anything, it will make you weaker and less prepared for combatting people/walkers because you're not encountering them as often.

Now, taking a boat to an island...that is a better option. Unlike World War Z's zombies which just walked out from the ocean onto beaches, TWD zombies don't seem to be very mobile in water, so I think an island would be the best bet. I know if a zombie apocalypse happened I'd be high-tailing it up to Temagami. Low population per hectare means less chance of zombies. There are hundreds if not thousands of islands to use, and you can do all your travelling by canoe, and in the winter, provided you have gas, you can snowmobile anywhere on the lake. That's a big part of the problem with being down south during a zombie apocalypse is the population. There are vasts stretches of land up here which are relatively uninhabited (Province of Manitoba has a population of 1.2 million, over half of which is in one city). I wouldn't even want to know what a zombie apocalypse in a place like Japan, China, or India would be like. At least in American there is no shortage of guns lol.
    Matts, I want to be in your group if there is ever a "Zombie Apocalypse". Can you save me a slot? I like your thinking!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Provided you switch allegiances to a certain blue bird

I just came across an interesting tidbit in an interview with FTWD's showrunner who says Adams, (the soldier Travis beat up who shot ofelia), is NOT dead. Possible future villain?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Provided you switch allegiances to a certain blue bird

I just came across an interesting tidbit in an interview with FTWD's showrunner who says Adams, (the soldier Travis beat up who shot ofelia), is NOT dead. Possible future villain?
    Oh well, guess I'm a dead man!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I noticed that. Travis beat the hell out of him but he was still breathing when he stopped. I also noticed they never actually showed what happened to that one nurse. She may still be alive as well.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I noticed that. Travis beat the hell out of him but he was still breathing when he stopped. I also noticed they never actually showed what happened to that one nurse. She may still be alive as well.
    The show runner basically said Dr. Exxler is dead and used the pneumatic gun on herself. I don't expect we'll see her again.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not talking about a little boat. I'm talking about a big boat or a ship with enough people to defend it. Sure, supplies, especially water would have to be found and stocked. I would then set up a system for capturing rain water. As for food, I would rely upon fishing and the ocean to provide that. You would run into way less people on the open sea. It's so vast. You would especially not have to worry about walkers.

I'm sure the scripts are finished, but I can almost guarantee they haven't started shooting yet. Also, the second season will be longer than 8 episodes.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Good finale to FTWD....better than all the other episodes.

They said something interesting in the episode.....the bites infect and kill you, but everyone is already infected with whatever it is that makes you come back......almost like they were talking about two different things.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got to catch it last night. My thoughts have been echoed from a few of you here. Not a huge fan of the soldier coming back or the "hidden bite" at the end either as it has been done a million times before. I enjoyed the show with less walkers I think as it gave a different feeling of dread to the show. It became a zombie show last night with the hordes of them in every corner and the cast BARELY getting away at every turn. Cliche??? FOR sure... One thing I respected about the Walking Dead was them bringing characters back after seasons... I had forgot all about Morgan and was blown away when we seen him seasons later. I would like to see that with the nurse or solider. I think that is SMART thinking on the writers if they do it again. One issue I have with this show is that we really didn't get to truly see the break down of society. I was looking forward to silly things like a Presidential address, news coverage of other cities... stuff like that. Why did they skip over that? I think it was because it was hard to explain how slow moving Zombies take out military, police and just people in general. IT would not happen... yes when hundreds of thousands pushing forward like in the final but not to sure how it would go down in the very start thus the way they just skipped that part conveniently. I like this show a LOT... but it was not all I thought I would see. Perhaps being on 2 weeks in or less since the first signs of walkers we may see the stuff I am hoping to see and I am just getting ahead of myself. I thought it was well done otherwise other than a few glitches but few things are never perfect are they? Looking forward to TWD this weekend!!!!!

Anyone watching the mini episodes on the plane? Pretty intense... I wonder which one will join the show... I think I know
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I'm not talking about a little boat. I'm talking about a big boat or a ship with enough people to defend it. Sure, supplies, especially water would have to be found and stocked. I would then set up a system for capturing rain water. As for food, I would rely upon fishing and the ocean to provide that. You would run into way less people on the open sea. It's so vast. You would especially not have to worry about walkers.

I'm sure the scripts are finished, but I can almost guarantee they haven't started shooting yet. Also, the second season will be longer than 8 episodes.
    With a boat like what Strand has you could probably make a good go of it for about six months to a year, then it becomes less of an advantage, not to mention a big boat like that would be VERY attractive to bandits who want it. With just schooners and fishing boats, or recreational boats, you'd be lucky to make it three months since you only have room for so many people and so many supplies. If I were the family, I'd hang around, see what is going on, listen to the airwaves, stock up on supplies, and head for Hawaii. With a population of about a million and a half spread over more than a hundred islands, that would be their best chance at survival.

What I want to to see in FTWD is an earthquake his California and do tons of damage due to bombing etc and have all the sound attract millions and millions of walkers like the helicopter in the Season Two finale.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Webstar, I am still wondering the fate of several people from Season One of TWD, like the family who opted not to go to the CDC and head west (I have a feeling they'll show up in FTWD) and all those guys taking care of the old people in Atlanta.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Webstar, I am still wondering the fate of several people from Season One of TWD, like the family who opted not to go to the CDC and head west (I have a feeling they'll show up in FTWD) and all those guys taking care of the old people in Atlanta.
    I AGREE... thought about them many a time. IN FACT... I think they will show up. TWD is smart like that. I bet your 100% right and we will see them in Fear... be brilliant in my eyes if so. Not only that... I LOVE your idea of the government bombing the shit out of LA..... AMAZING idea. You could see the spread of the infection to other States this way via news outlets as they flee. Love it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Being on a boat I'd love for them to listen to a lot of it, maybe see a nuke or two go off or at least the airstrikes from a distance from out on the water. I don't want them to be too involved with the military. I think the sight of them maybe just sitting on the deck of the yacht, talking, and then a blinding flash with a mushroom cloud would be awesome. I am sure that the military would nuke at least one city. New York and LA would be prime targets for nuking simply for the population and the amount of walkers that would be eliminated. Heck, I'd even like to hear them listening to radio chatter about America nuking OTHER countries, either overseas of, more tactically, Mexico/Central America and Canada. I can only hope that FTWD contains a lot more travelling around. Would love to see some zombie action in the south pacific, central America or South America...Alaska? They can give this show a lot of geographical freedom.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am behind but I thought FTWD was pretty good. I am looking forward to next season. There could have been more character development but I think that in some ways it builds anticipation to learn more about them in the future. We didn't learn much about the rich guy they just met but he intrigues me.

If anyone has watched the after-credits scene for the newer Dawn of the Dead then you have an idea of the problems with trying to stay on a boat during a zombie apocalypse.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never watched a webisode before, but I wanted to check out the airplane one for Fear the Walking Dead. Are they all a minute and a half long? Seems like a waste of time to be honest. I was expecting something at least a few minutes long.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

First episode was pretty good, but I was hoping for a bigger end result with the plan. Just ... lead them away? Boring, lol.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have the official and actual run time of last nights episode without commercials?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast