Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

If that is the case, I'm all for it. Maybe that will stop the fears I have about stuff like the CDC stuff, since that didn't appear until the end of episode 5.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah I wasn't fond of the CDC stuff either. I liked how it just focused on a small group of people. And I was waiting for that death to happen as well this past week. Maybe you're right Em, and they're just saving if for the season finale.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yeah I wasn't fond of the CDC stuff either. I liked how it just focused on a small group of people. And I was waiting for that death to happen as well this past week. Maybe you're right Em, and they're just saving if for the season finale.
    Given the episode and the previous posts re-writing staff, I would tend to think that #5 & 6 are just necessary storyline "set-up episode's for the genral public that hasn't read the comics. I mean, it just wouldn't be natural for survivors NOT to seek out help/humanity at some point and they were able to give the regular audience some background as to their predicament and how they got there and the situation leading up to it.

I haven't read the books, but I agree that I hope they don't screw around with the CDC too long. It feels like a dead (sic) end anyway. Eventually, they will have to come up with some plan for the future though to keep the series running. Shhhh, don't tell me!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

*grumble*

There wasn't a single thing in the episode from the comics. The season finale! How can they make a season finale not have anything from the comics?

Also, they still didn't do the death a bunch of us keep referencing. I really think they are going to keep the character alive for a really long time and it pisses me off so much.

If it were a zombie show not based on a beloved comic, it would have probably been a good episode.
    As episode of a zombie show based on a beloved comic, it was absolute fucking shit. :\

I'm glad those writers got fired. Maybe next season will get back on track like the early episodes of this season.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This last episode was a complete waste and disappointment. My problem with it is that it didn't advance the story one iota. It didn't move it anywhere. Nothing of any importance was revealed, no one of any impact died. The character who did die could have just as easily been killed by the walkers as anything else. This was a thoroughly disappointing season finale and AMC should be ashamed for having aired it. If Season 2 doesn't REALLY pick up in the first episode (maybe by the second), I will not be watching it. I absolutely will not be buying the dvd. Episodes 1,2, and 3 were very good and stayed true to the roots of the show. Episode 4 (Vatos) lost track of the idea of the city of Atlanta being OVERRUN with walkers and had a whole big ass group living in the city and apparently having trouble with other interlopers on top of all that. Um, coming close to jumping the shark right there. The end of episode 4 and episode 5 were returning the show back to it's roots, and then episode 6 the season finale happened. Not jumping the shark, but not a good episode. If it were just another episode, I'd say fine, we still have more to go, but this was the finale. Those who have read the comics KNOW where it should have stopped, but they dropped the ball. If it doesn't happen soon, I'm not willing to be onboard for the rest of it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea. That was disappointing.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My biggest problem with last night's episode is that there were almost no zombies. I didn't hate it, I just think they are trying to make a show based loosely on the comics. I feel kind of bad for Shane though... I used to hate him, but now I kind of get him.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best thing about the comic though is that the zombies are often treated more like they are just another part of life. Sort of like showing wild animals in a show that's filmed in the wilderness. Every issue of the comic doesn't have zombies in it. The story is about the people, but each issue drives the story further. This last episode didn't do that at all, and that's my biggest complaint. I have others, but that's the biggest.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree about last nights episode. I wasn't keen on the whole CDC thing from the beginning. And for that to be the season finale! Like Sam said, it didn't advance the story one bit. I really hope it picks back up in season 2. And I also hope that it begins to follow the comics more.

Chris I hope you're wrong about "that" character staying on the show for a long time. Although in all honestly that's my biggest worry as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

In Walking Dead have they actually used the word Zombie?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually liked last night's episode. I decided a couple weeks ago, I was going to try and stop comparing it to the comics so much, because then I would just get angry and not be able to enjoy the show for what it is. Viewing from that standpoint, I thought it was an exciting, tension-filled episode. I really loved the interaction at the end between Dale and Andrea. Good stuff. Now, the ultimate question, what did the doctor whisper into Rick's ear? I'm thinking it had to be something about the blood test and I think he said something along the lines of:

Spoiler from comic:

Spoiler:
    Your wife is pregnant and quite possibly, it's not your baby, since he had Shane's blood, too. Or it could have been something like you are all infected, but I doubt that since he said earlier that they didn't know if it was viral or not.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for the double post, but just saw this question:

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    In Walking Dead have they actually used the word Zombie?
    No, they haven't. I read somewhere (so it may or may not be true) that the show (and the comic?? I'm not sure) take place in a world where zombie movies, books, shows, comics, etc... don't exist, so they don't have anything to compare what is happening to them. They've never heard the term "zombie" or even have stories about the dead walking, so this is all 100% new and strange to them.

If that is true, thinking about it from that angle makes the show a lot scarier and demonstrates why they are so unprepared and confused.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I actually liked last night's episode. I decided a couple weeks ago, I was going to try and stop comparing it to the comics so much, because then I would just get angry and not be able to enjoy the show for what it is. Viewing from that standpoint, I thought it was an exciting, tension-filled episode. I really loved the interaction at the end between Dale and Andrea. Good stuff. Now, the ultimate question, what did the doctor whisper into Rick's ear? I'm thinking it had to be something about the blood test and I think he said something along the lines of:

Spoiler from comic:

Spoiler:
    Your wife is pregnant and quite possibly, it's not your baby, since he had Shane's blood, too. Or it could have been something like you are all infected, but I doubt that since he said earlier that they didn't know if it was viral or not.
    Erin, I've been wondering what was said to Rick and I think your first guess is correct. I didn't hate the episode, but I really need more walkers in the show. I really liked the Doctor.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the Doctor, too.

Not sure if you saw it or not, because we were posting at the same time, but I answered your question from earlier, above.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You know Erin, that makes sense because you would think you'd hear the word zombie at least once. I don't like that premise though, a world without zombie media is just too boring.

Did anyone notice that Darryl was one of the only survivors that didn't shower... I'm not surprised, I still love him.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally didn't notice Darryl not showering, but that cracks me up. He's one of my favorite characters on the show right now. And speaking of him, where the F is Merle?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I super love Darryl and Merle. If I were to have to survive zombies with anyone on that show, it would be him.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

In the comic they are generally referred to just as roamers or hordes, depending on how they are grouped.

I don't mind some change from the comic, but that episode was just way too much, especially for a finale. I'm hoping it was why the writers got fired.

I kind of hate Darryl, because he isn't from the comics. He reminds me of a lot of people from where I am from, though.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's fair to say you don't like a character simply because he wasn't in the comics. I would be glad they added people, and are doing different things than the comics; however, I understand the dislike for last night's episode. I really think if there was some super bug outbreak or zombie infestation that hillbillies would then rule the world... seriously!

I actually think the reason I like darryl so much is because they didn't try to put someone 'pretty' playing him. I get so mad when they try to make super attractive people all gritty in movies and tv when you can clearly see they don't belong in the role. I really don't think they tried to make Darryl sexy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was a good episode, but a lousy finale if, that makes sense. It would have fit much better as episode 6 of 13. At least they didn't leave a big-ass cliff-hanger. As far as the Doc's whispered message, you guys are probably right the wife is pregnant. That seemed pretty obvious to me anyway.

It didn't really give you anything to go on as far as what is next for the group. I guess that'll be the opening for the next season. I can't see them lighting out for France, but maybe somewhere to access communications would be my guess. Man, what a Gyp on such a short season!!!! Anyone know when its due back?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I don't think it's fair to say you don't like a character simply because he wasn't in the comics. I would be glad they added people, and are doing different things than the comics; however, I understand the dislike for last night's episode. I really think if there was some super bug outbreak or zombie infestation that hillbillies would then rule the world... seriously!

I actually think the reason I like darryl so much is because they didn't try to put someone 'pretty' playing him. I get so mad when they try to make super attractive people all gritty in movies and tv when you can clearly see they don't belong in the role. I really don't think they tried to make Darryl sexy.
    Kirkman is from Kentucky like me, so he knows all about the resiliency of hillbillies.

Rick and Shane are supposed to be the hillbillies of the group, because they are from Cynthiana, Kentucky. The show didn't need any extra ones.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

GUYZ:

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...ook-photos.php

Pictures from Season 2 (albeit only zombie ones) omfgz. I can't wait.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Oooooooooooh! Too bad I don't get amc anymore... Is it going to be available on amctv? My Majel will be disconsolate if she cannot watch her zombies for another season. She loves watching them groan and stumble around.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot! This is all coming at the perfect time, I started a re-read of Walking Dead last week and I just to the new material I was behind on last night. Good stuff!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast