Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If they had of spread those two governor episodes over the first seven, there wouldn't have been much more film, as it would have just been interspliced with the prison stuff, meaning it would be the exact same as they wouldn't have anymore time to add to it. I liked the two episodes devoted to it, was sort of a mini-film in the midst of the show; the only difference would be knowing he's coming back very soon and would kill any chance of shocking people when he shows up at the end of episode 5; if they'd spliced it the emotional impact would be the same unless you think spreading out the exact same footage would somehow change our involvement? I was more involved this way, tbh; they didn't let us look away from the Governor's story. Episodes 5-10 of this season so far has been maybe the best stretch of episodes the show has done yet.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    If they had of spread those two governor episodes over the first seven, there wouldn't have been much more film, as it would have just been interspliced with the prison stuff, meaning it would be the exact same as they wouldn't have anymore time to add to it. I liked the two episodes devoted to it, was sort of a mini-film in the midst of the show; the only difference would be knowing he's coming back very soon and would kill any chance of shocking people when he shows up at the end of episode 5; if they'd spliced it the emotional impact would be the same unless you think spreading out the exact same footage would somehow change our involvement? I was more involved this way, tbh; they didn't let us look away from the Governor's story. Episodes 5-10 of this season so far has been maybe the best stretch of episodes the show has done yet.
    Na, not for me. They could have come up with some new and interesting storylines for the Gov. How about we learn more about the relationship between he and his daughter. Maybe through a story he tells the new woman while he's getting to know her. There are a few things they could have done I'm sure. They just wanted to save the Gov. reveal so it would be a big twist. I understand it.

More Gov would have also meant less meaningless episodes about the dumb virus.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

When did Rick turn into Kevin McCallister? Really, Rick? Hiding under a bed.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL @ the scientist with a mullet. MF looks like he belongs on the set of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Na, not for me. They could have come up with some new and interesting storylines for the Gov. How about we learn more about the relationship between he and his daughter. Maybe through a story he tells the new woman while he's getting to know her. There are a few things they could have done I'm sure. They just wanted to save the Gov. reveal so it would be a big twist. I understand it.

More Gov would have also meant less meaningless episodes about the dumb virus.
    Hence, why I would have preferred to keep the Governor storyline to one season.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    LOL @ the scientist with a mullet. MF looks like he belongs on the set of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
    They did stay true to his comic look though.

I really liked the last episode. But maybe it's just cause I love horror films. I think it shows that zombies really aren't what they need to be afraid of, but other people. I think that's what they were aiming at for with the Governor, but we all know how I feel about his storyline
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am glad I was not the only one who thought that.

The fate of man kind hangs in the balance of a guy with a mullet....it made me think they guy isn't what he says he is.

For a moment...I thought that was Robert Kirkman.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I quite liked this episode. The guys mullet threw me off but there isn't many barbers still up and running so I can let that slide... I really think this second part of this season is going pretty good. I like them on the move.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not quite sure why so many people are doubting the mullet. Have you not seen what MacGyver was able to accomplish over the years?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its not the mullet, its telling someone "trust me. I'm smarter than you" right after shooting their truck.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Its not the mullet, its telling someone "trust me. I'm smarter than you" right after shooting their truck.
    You know what... you are right. Never thought about it like that. BUT... how many "brains" can use a gun. I mean if he is this super smart scientist the chances of him knowing the in's and out's of a M16 are pretty slim.... BUT... another argument could be... the world is ending and your so friggin smart?? Learn bitch. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Good point. MacGyver would never have done that.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Shows been great since it's returned. These past few character centric episodes have been so good I'm almost hoping there is no major endgame to be built up in the next couple episodes and the finale four this season is more or less everyone finally getting back together again. I just finished the mid-season finale again after re-watching the first half of the season and the entire season has been great and a big improvement from the overall lull that season three was. I forgot how awesome the sequence with the zombies falling through the roof was. Looking forward to finishing the season in a few weeks!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

These last few episodes have been really important. We really needed to get to know some of these new characters. I've also enjoyed some of the characters reflecting on what has happened to them as well as referencing their previous lives.

This is something that has been missing in the show in my opinion. Andrea dies, nobody even mentions her. It's like she never even lived. Carol leaves and we don't even get a reaction from any of the main players.

The scene between Daryl and Beth a few weeks ago outside while he was forcing her to shoot the walker is what I'm talking about. I want that kind of raw emotion to boil to the surface. It was a very human moment. I feel like sometimes the characters just feel like robotic zombie killing machines. The show has been solid since its return.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    These last few episodes have been really important. We really needed to get to know some of these new characters. I've also enjoyed some of the characters reflecting on what has happened to them as well as referencing their previous lives.

This is something that has been missing in the show in my opinion. Andrea dies, nobody even mentions her. It's like she never even lived. Carol leaves and we don't even get a reaction from any of the main players.

The scene between Daryl and Beth a few weeks ago outside while he was forcing her to shoot the walker is what I'm talking about. I want that kind of raw emotion to boil to the surface. It was a very human moment. I feel like sometimes the characters just feel like robotic zombie killing machines. The show has been solid since its return.
    I agree!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They mention Andrea numerous times. Governor even references her when talking with Hershel/Michonne about co-exist, "Not after Andrea."

Lots of great things in the first half that become important in the second half, such as Michonne's agitation around Judith and a lot of the interaction between Darryl and Beth has been about small things over the course of the show. Also think it's been a great decision for Maggie and Glenn to be apart most of the season so their relationship doesn't become burdensome to the viewer and it keeps them as separate personalities and allows us to see them grow individually and not just as a couple. Like that Michonne, Carl, Beth and Bob have gotten some good character develipment as they've really needed some attention. I really like Bob as a character and hope he sticks around a while.

Country
    Country Flag

has any one read the books? I have and they are not too bad... I just picked the new one up at my bookstore the other day. Bob is in the second book quite a bit and I grew to like him... Bob on the show is nothing like him in my minds eye though after reading the books. Has anyone noticed that they almost reference the episode "30 Days Without an Accident" in every show week to week? I might have to go back and watch that again and pay attention. That is the first episode when the new showrunner took over. In the beginning with Bob Glenn and Darryl ask him the same questions about killing walkers and killing people. If that is true (and I am not just dreaming something up in my mind) very slick and I look forward to what it is... any thoughts guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like the fact Darryl is with the guys that took over Ricks house. I wonder if Darryl was in there with Rick or not, hard to say because the big guy with bandana was just choked out and not killed from what I got. Not exactly sure on how the timeline between plot threads has been playing out.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've really been loving these episodes since it returned. This is the Walking Dead that I've been missing, and hoping for.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I've really been loving these episodes since it returned. This is the Walking Dead that I've been missing, and hoping for.
    I totally agree. AND I really hope they screw with us in the respect of timelines.... and Darryl was in that house. Too cool if so.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like the fact Darryl is with the guys that took over Ricks house. I wonder if Darryl was in there with Rick or not, hard to say because the big guy with bandana was just choked out and not killed from what I got. Not exactly sure on how the timeline between plot threads has been playing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    ... I really hope they screw with us in the respect of timelines.... and Darryl was in that house. Too cool if so.
    I've never thought about that, but that that would be really cool.

Also, any theories as to who took Beth?

Country
    Country Flag

... I really hope they screw with us in the respect of timelines.... and Darryl was in that house. Too cool if so.

I have a gooooooooooooood idea. Just because of a cast announcement Andrew J. West.... I am betting on his character. I think that place was a set up to grab someone too. Notice the dog came to the door both times they were eating and the food was without dust and full cupboards???????
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Man I do love this show
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My first thought was
    comic spoiler

I'll be really surprised if they have Daryl be with them at the house, especially after all that talk with Beth about good people. They were all talking about taking advantage of Michone when she returned, I really can't imagine Daryl having any involvement with that, or people like that.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well Darryl either meets up with them anyways (and we know what kind of people they are and he doesn't) or he was there and doing what he does, surviving. It would ironic if the guy Rick killed that became a walker managed to kill Darryl but I really can't see them killing him off screen with no real link as to what happened to him, unless they go back to the house and find him. It would be a wicked twist but at the same time Darryl would deserve a better way to go.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They won't be killing Daryl off any time soon. The fan base would go crazy.

I would love for them to mess with the timeline and have Daryl be in the house while Rick was in there. That would be cool. Unfortunately, this show is pretty linear with its story telling. They might not want to confuse their mainstream fanbase.

Also, nobody has mentioned it because we seem to all be enjoying the last few episodes, but some characters still seem to be acting uncharacteristically careless. A perfect example of this is Daryl from the last episode blindly answering the door expecting to see the dog and getting surprised by walkers. Daryl would never do that. Yes, I know that it added to the suspense and surprise, but they could have gotten the same reaction from the audience if Darly peeked through the blinds and an arm came busting through the window. Also, numerous characters have been surprised by walkers that have crept up behind them. These things smell and are loud, that should never happen.

Small things, but they annoy me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast