Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 151 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The writters are trying really hard to portray Rick as this hard and calloused man, to the point that it's unbelievable. Complete strangers have saved his sorry ass at least four times (Morgan, Glenn, Hershel, the guy at the CDC) and he won't even stop for a minute? It's getting really, really hard for me to just relax and enjoy this. I'm trying not to be critical and just enjoy the ride but all the over/under and shitty acting, stupid, stupid dialogue, plot holes, inconsistencies, and actions of people are grating at my nerves.

I'm glad that we finally saw Michonne open up a bit but the episode slowed down the momentum a little for me. There's this big showdown coming down and hey, let's spend an entire episode on getting guns and reintroducing an older character just to leave him where he is. Great writting!
    I'm still enjoying the show and I feel they've had a strong season. I will say this though, it worries me that they are on their third show runner. It seems like the people running the show are at odds with the suits up in the comfy office. It should be interesting to see where it goes from here.

I also want to say I was pissed at the last episode for ruining the surprise of Morgan coming back. On the "previously on The Walking Dead" thing they run at the beginning of the show, they reminded the viewer of Morgan and Rick trying to contact each other on the walkie-talkies. Once we see that, we know he's coming, people aren't dumb. They don't need to be reminded. If they do, they fuck them.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    regarding the backpacker........so this guy has survived over a year of the zombie-apocalypse, only to get eaten on a big empty road?
    From a purely narrative standpoint that scene served two purposes; the first was to demonstrate that the group is on high alert and is not trusting of anyone.
    Yes....this is what I thought as well....they were making the point that it is everyone for themselves these days....I just think they could have done a better job in making it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode may have been the most boring one yet. I know, it was setting up this, showing us that, but it was still boring.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Last night's episode may have been the most boring one yet. I know, it was setting up this, showing us that, but it was still boring.
    Agreed. One of my kids has had enough and has decided to ban the show from his Watch list.
    After all they know about the Gov Rick decides to have a nice long chat with him to "work things out"?
    And they use an entire episode for this negotiation?
    In the last episode they used the entire hour to show us how these guys have changed, hardened and will no longer trust anyone nor take any shit from anyone.
    But the next episode he's negotiating with the biggest threat they've encountered since the Virus instead of just assassinating him?
    Another complaint - he KNOWS Gov will kill them even if they give up Mochone. Yet he's thinking of giving her over anyway just in case he's wrong?
    Im disappointed
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Daryl's comment that the The Governor brought along his butler (Milton).

I say Milton will betray Woodbury....and it will cost him his life.....but it will save the lives of the group at the prison.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

once again it cant always be about kill the zombies

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a huge, huge fan of these close quarters 1 on 1, 'meeting of the minds' type scenes. (Al Pacino and Robert De Niro in Heat, Batman and The Joker in The Dark Knight etc.,)

Yes, this episode was a little slow .. but it was great to see Rick and The Governor banter back and forth. I also liked that everytime you're on the cusp of outright hating The Governor, he reveals something about his past that makes you sympathize with him a bit.

The only slight on this episode is that the meeting itself was futile, both Rick and Governor admitted separately that they knew the meeting was simply a formality since the conflict is , and always has been, destined to end in bloodshed.

It was also a bold move to end the show with such a pressing moral conundrum - do you willingly sacrifice one person for the good of an entire group?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I thought the meeting was kinda ridiculous. They should have just gone in and killed him. It also seems very weird after what the Governor already did to them that he would even be willing to sit down and talk to Rick. Also I hate Andrea. Not sure if I've mentioned that yet or not
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I loved Daryl's comment that the The Governor brought along his butler (Milton).

I say Milton will betray Woodbury....and it will cost him his life.....but it will save the lives of the group at the prison.
    My thoughts exactly. Maybe even, Andrea!!!

Spoiler:
    Rick? Join the "Movement"!!! Occupy TDT.Org!!!! Damn the Man!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I thought the meeting was kinda ridiculous. They should have just gone in and killed him. It also seems very weird after what the Governor already did to them that he would even be willing to sit down and talk to Rick. Also I hate Andrea. Not sure if I've mentioned that yet or not
    So agree with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Agreed. One of my kids has had enough and has decided to ban the show from his Watch list.
    After all they know about the Gov Rick decides to have a nice long chat with him to "work things out"?
    And they use an entire episode for this negotiation?
    In the last episode they used the entire hour to show us how these guys have changed, hardened and will no longer trust anyone nor take any shit from anyone.
    But the next episode he's negotiating with the biggest threat they've encountered since the Virus instead of just assassinating him?
    Another complaint - he KNOWS Gov will kill them even if they give up Mochone. Yet he's thinking of giving her over anyway just in case he's wrong?
    Im disappointed
    They may lose me this year. I will always read the GN's, but this lull the last 2 episodes feels just like last year.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm a huge, huge fan of these close quarters 1 on 1, 'meeting of the minds' type scenes."

Hey feev, have you seen the The Sunset Limited? Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L. Jackson? See below:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1510938/

I gave it a 2/5 a year or so ago. I remember it being a little slow and talky, but you might enjoy it.

"Do you know what The Governor did to Maggie?"

"Maggie, tell me what happened!"

"Maggie, did he rape you?"

The answer ... is no. Television Governor is not comic Governor, and I am extremely disappointed.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    [this lull the last 2 episodes feels just like last year.
    During that farm period of season two, my friends and I would start our phone calls, texts etc with SOFIA! in Darryl's voice. Or we'd end the conversation just to call back right away, yell Sofia! and hang up. That was more entertaining than some of the episodes at the farm. These last two episodes feel sort of like that too. Shouldn't the story move along? Isn't that the key to a good show? Last two they re-introduced a secondary (at best) character just to leave him, and now this. Rick doesn't have his shit together. Why am I seeing online that he's starting to get it together? Last week he drove by a guy who begged him to stop, and then took his belongings like a vultue. This week he's sitting across a man who shot at him and his camp, let walkers loose in their home, and is now demanding Michonne or he'll kill them all. Rick KNOWS he'll kill them all anyways, he said so himself. Of course writters won't have him kill Governor but logically, that would save them. He could've ended the whole thing with a single bullet. Instead the writters make him do the illogical thing and walk away. His walking away is more out of character now than his killing the Governor would have been.

How stupid can Andrea be? Hershel offered her a place and she still went back to Woodbury. Rodrigez and Darryl bonding was a little cheesy but I see why it was done. It's just circumstances that they ended up on their respective sides and if things were different, they'd probably end up drinking a few beers at some bar.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The last episode was pure filler. Every show has a few of them. I'm not going to do something crazy and stop watching because it didn't include nonstop zombie killing action. I'm always telling people that you can't just have wall-to-wall action. You need the silence and the fleeting moments of peace in order for the action scenes to carry more impact.

I'm with Feev, I love scenes between to power characters. I love the dialogue, the cat-and-mouse feel and the tension. That being said, I don't need it to be stretched out over 3 commercial breaks. Like Heather said, in the end, their meeting was futile. Just a way for the two leaders to butt heads. It's also silly because if The Gov wants Michonne, he could just raid the prison and kill everybody including Michonne. Doesn't seem like that would really bother him.

We also got a throwaway side storyline in the prison with Merle trying to go off on his own. This also served very little purpose. Instead, I would like some scenes with Tyrese and his crew back in town. If these people are going to play a part in the resolution (and future episodes) of this arc, we really should get to know them better.

Again, this was a pure filler episode. I don't mind the meeting between the two, I just don't think it had to take up the whole episode.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The last episode was pure filler. Every show has a few of them. I'm not going to do something crazy and stop watching because it didn't include nonstop zombie killing action. I'm always telling people that you can't just have wall-to-wall action. You need the silence and the fleeting moments of peace in order for the action scenes to carry more impact.

I'm with Feev, I love scenes between to power characters. I love the dialogue, the cat-and-mouse feel and the tension. That being said, I don't need it to be stretched out over 3 commercial breaks. Like Heather said, in the end, their meeting was futile. Just a way for the two leaders to butt heads. It's also silly because if The Gov wants Michonne, he could just raid the prison and kill everybody including Michonne. Doesn't seem like that would really bother him.

We also got a throwaway side storyline in the prison with Merle trying to go off on his own. This also served very little purpose. Instead, I would like some scenes with Tyrese and his crew back in town. If these people are going to play a part in the resolution (and future episodes) of this arc, we really should get to know them better.

Again, this was a pure filler episode. I don't mind the meeting between the two, I just don't think it had to take up the whole episode.
    Agreed!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I HATE going on fb and reading idiotic statuses (stati?) like "Omg this ep sux! It needed more zombies more guns more explosions MORE MORE MORE"

Without the quiet episodes those action scenes mean nothing.

...It's also silly because if The Gov wants Michonne, he could just raid the prison and kill everybody including Michonne. Doesn't seem like that would really bother him.
    Hmm ... yes and no.

Yes, he could raid the prison and capture Michonne, but at what cost? The loss of 10, 15, 20 of his men? A few episodes ago we had The Governor putting guns in the hands of teenagers because of Woodbury's depleted manpwoer, wouldn't it be easier and more practical to have the enemy bring Michonne to him and minimize casualties?

To me, the significance of the Merle scene was to depict him as a slightly (operative word) more agreeable Merle than we're accustomed to, and to solidify Glen as a figure of authority.

Agreed that we need more Tyreese screen time.

I don't mind the meeting between the two, I just don't think it had to take up the whole episode.
    I can agree with this.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Some guy just got banned from a board I post on for posting pictures of a major player who.. uhmm...doesn't make it.

Country
    Country Flag

The lighter side of the Guvernor:

There are more links when the video ends.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I REALLY want to see him die.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

me eyes......they're burning.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday's ep played off like a bit of a slasher flick, but that was fine by me. That entire segment with Governor hunting Andrea was tense and beautifully shot.

And did anyone else chuckle to themselves when Andrea asked Milton "how can you still defend him?" Oh sure Andrea, you're one to talk. I mean it's not like you glazed over the fact that he had a room full of zombie heads or anything.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

When did the walkers become a non-threat? In seasons 1 & 2, one walker was enough to send panic through an entire camp and virulent enough to turn some one with a hickey. Now, people brush by hordes of them like I blow by someone in pajamas and Uggs at Wal-Mart.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The chains!!! The chair!! The sharp metal torture devices!! Please oh please make me take back what i said about the tv show Governor not being the comic Governor. Please please please!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good episode. I like the cat-and-mouse game between The Governor and Andrea. It looks like they are building to a climax quite nicely. I'm glad we got to see a ton of Tyrese.

With all that being said, I just don't prefer episodes that focus on only one group. This goes for any show I watch past and present.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

With all that being said, I just don't prefer episodes that focus on only one group. This goes for any show I watch past and present.
    Hell nah, think it's great. We get so many episodes that are all over the map, it's nice to slow things down a bit and focus on a specific group to flesh them out more. I'm all for it, personally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 151 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast