Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Why does he have to be a Bible thumper? The Bible is also a work of literature. Additionally, even Satan quoted Scripture in Matthew 4.

Of course, I'm just an ignorant Bible thumping redneck, so what would I know?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Why does he have to be a Bible thumper? The Bible is also a work of literature. Additionally, even Satan quoted Scripture in Matthew 4.

Of course, I'm just an ignorant Bible thumping redneck, so what would I know?
    Hey, I sure didn't mean to offend anyone by my comments. "Merle" is depicted as a "stereotypical, ignorant Redneck" but definitely "fictional". If my posts offended it is not intentional. He is obviously a "Character" in a TV show and not representative of any group or anything. I sincerely apologize for any perceived offense.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a blast last night!

Got Norman Reedus' and Andrew Lincoln's signature at the back gate before the show. Quite a mob of autograph hunters, who, as usual probably didn't even have tickets to the event. Gail Ann Hurd was out signing too, but I really did not want her signature. I had missed Robert Kirkman who had come out earlier.

Had decent seating.

They started the show with a clip from a Simpson's Halloween special about zombies, and then showed the first ten minutes of Sunday's episode of WD (kick ass!).

Then Chris Hardwick came out along with the cast, creator, and three producers (Hurd, Nicotero, and some other guy who said all of about three words all night), and you got to watch their conversation (much like "Talking Dead") followed by some audience Q&A.

There was nothing previously unknown revealed, and the audience questions and comments were pretty lame (i.e. What does the fake-flesh taste like....does it taste like chicken?), and there were these two obnoxious women (one on each side of the balcony) shouting shit out, that were really annoying.....Hardwick was clearly getting pissed.

After the show a mob swarmed the stage and I tried to get autographs, but it was a nightmare...and only a couple people were signing. My wife and I went around back again, and there was a huge crowd waiting there too, and the more I thought about it, I had a feeling they wouldn't be signing there.....so we decided to go back in, and I fought my way through the crowd to the stage. By this time a few more of the cast and crew had come out to sign, so I got Reedus and Lincoln (again), Dania Gurira (Michonne), Steven Yeun (Glenn), and Scott Wilson (Hershel). I was unable to get Kirkman's or Nicotero's or Laurie Holden's (Andrea). Emily Kinney did not do any signing, and I think it was because the dress she wore was not conducive to providing autographs to a mob of people.

One thing that stuck out in my mind was somebody handed me a Life Magazine from 1967 that had Scott Wilson on the cover with Robert Blake and Truman Capote (he had just made the movie IN COLD BLOOD) for me to have Wilson sign it. I am 6' 4", so I can stretch farther than most. Wilson saw it, and the fact that that someone had brought in a picture of him from 45 years ago seemed to touch him. It was a cool moment.

Enjoyed the show, got signatures, and a night out without the kids, so it was all good!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

What did you have signed?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Sounds like a great time Tippy
    Did you get photos signed?
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I got four photos signed.

Here is the best:

That is Scott Wilson in red, directly below that is Andrew Lincoln, to the right of that in gold is Dania Guria, above the printed WALKING DEAD is Steven Yeun, and above that is Norman Reedus.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Thats GREAT!
    Good choice in photo!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved last night's ep. For a show that has had trouble cementing the power of the character interactions amongst the original group, I was glad to see that yesterday focused on 3 core characters.

I found the Morgan reunion to be a bit anti climactic though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding Comic/Show variations...

Spoiler:
    I can see how some might be upset with differences between the show and Comic regarding the "Gov"!!! Almost two different characters, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone tried the facebook "Walking Dead" game? I did the other day and got engrossed!!! LOL LOL LOL Kinda fun!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Spoiler:
    I can see how some might be upset with differences between the show and Comic regarding the "Gov"!!! Almost two different characters, IMHO
    I'm so glad you're reading the comics now. And I agree completely.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Spoiler:
    I'm so glad you're reading the comics now. And I agree completely.
    Yeah, it's kinda cool though I have to say I like a lot of what was in the comics and a lot of what they have done on the show. Overall, so far. I think TV has done a pretty good job except for Sophia!!!! LOL

I'm in the middle of book 7
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How are you liking the comics? When those are done, I suggest the book The Rise of the Governor. There's a twist that you won't see coming, that will make the Governor seem even crazier than he already is. I don't mean just violently crazy, I mean absolutely batshit insane.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    How are you liking the comics? When those are done, I suggest the book The Rise of the Governor. There's a twist that you won't see coming, that will make the Governor seem even crazier than he already is. I don't mean just violently crazy, I mean absolutely batshit insane.
    They're good. I wouldn't rate them, as GN go, with say "Watchmen", but they are close. I AM enjoying them though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed the most recent episode of The Walking Dead.

My only complaint is that I feel they cheated us out of some great scenes. I would have really liked to see them get out of the situation when the car was stuck in the mud. Yeah, I realize there really isn't much else that happened besides them shooting their way out, but I like seeing that stuff.

Also, when Michonne goes back into the restaurant for the picture. I felt the editing was just plain bad here. How did she get the picture? She would have had to cut her way through a hoard of walkers, yet they were still banging on the door and Michonne didn't have any blood on her. If she did in fact cut through them, I would have liked to have seen that too.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"Also, when Michonne goes back into the restaurant for the picture. I felt the editing was just plain bad here. How did she get the picture? She would have had to cut her way through a hoard of walkers, yet they were still banging on the door and Michonne didn't have any blood on her. If she did in fact cut through them, I would have liked to have seen that too."

All of the zombies in the building were at the front doors. She went in through the back door, grabbed the picture, and left.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Allright didn't read any of this but I was finally able to watch episode 9 last night. Pretty cool and I loved the ending. Thankfully I found a website where I can watch these and Game of Thrones.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I thought it seemed too easy for Michonne also. I was like, is this bitch a ninja? she was gone like 10 seconds and shows up with the picture.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "Also, when Michonne goes back into the restaurant for the picture. I felt the editing was just plain bad here. How did she get the picture? She would have had to cut her way through a hoard of walkers, yet they were still banging on the door and Michonne didn't have any blood on her. If she did in fact cut through them, I would have liked to have seen that too."

All of the zombies in the building were at the front doors. She went in through the back door, grabbed the picture, and left.
    I was under the impression that Carl dropped the picture right at the door. Then they escaped and the walkers crowded around the door. This means that the walkers would have been surrounding the picture. Unless I'm wrong and the picture was dropped in another location.

John, you're right, the editing made it seem like Michonne was gone for 10 seconds when I think they wanted to signify an unspecified passage of time by changing camera shots. In the end, a shift back to Rick and Morgan for a little while then a shift back to Michonne and Carl might have felt a little less jarring.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved it!!! She's quite the Ninja in the comics!! I thought they did it that way for a laugh.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

regarding the backpacker........so this guy has survived over a year of the zombie-apocalypse, only to get eaten on a big empty road?

I would assume that anybody that has made it this long is an experienced zombie-killer.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    regarding the backpacker........so this guy has survived over a year of the zombie-apocalypse, only to get eaten on a big empty road?

I would assume that anybody that has made it this long is an experienced zombie-killer.
    I agree. You think he would have been more careful. Although you knew exactly what was going to happen once they left him.

I wasn't overly impressed with this last episode for some reason. Does anyone else think Rick was being so harsh? I don't know, I know why he did it, but it just seemed out of character for him to be so heartless. Leaving the hitchhiker, and then especially the part where he just starts shooting up the guy. I always viewed him as a caring, helpful person while at the same time doing what he needed to do to survive. But that last one just really bugged me for some reason. I guess I just figure he would try to reason with them first, or acquire the guns somehow else without having to kill a guy who's just trying to defend his home (which is exactly why Rick wants the guns for himself). And of course we knew it was going to be Morgan. I'm surprised that thought never crossed Rick's mind. Although I guess I can kinda see that considering everything he's been through, but you think he would have thought of him at least once on the ride out there.

Merlin, now that you're reading the comics what do you think of their treatment of Andrea in the show versus the comics?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He didn't even know enough to stop yelling in the middle of zombieland.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The writters are trying really hard to portray Rick as this hard and calloused man, to the point that it's unbelievable. Complete strangers have saved his sorry ass at least four times (Morgan, Glenn, Hershel, the guy at the CDC) and he won't even stop for a minute? It's getting really, really hard for me to just relax and enjoy this. I'm trying not to be critical and just enjoy the ride but all the over/under and shitty acting, stupid, stupid dialogue, plot holes, inconsistencies, and actions of people are grating at my nerves.

I'm glad that we finally saw Michonne open up a bit but the episode slowed down the momentum a little for me. There's this big showdown coming down and hey, let's spend an entire episode on getting guns and reintroducing an older character just to leave him where he is. Great writting!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I agree. You think he would have been more careful. Although you knew exactly what was going to happen once they left him.
    One of the fundamentals of a post zombie apocalypse is that you are never as safe or as prepared as you think you are.

Look at Woodbury. High walls, armed guards - yet Rick and his crew managed to sneak in, and the zombies infiltrated the camp as a result.

Think of how many close calls the main group has had ... hell, for all of their exposure and prepartion Michonne and Carl were almost zombie food because of that escaped rat that led the zombies to them.

And of course, from a purely narrative standpoint that scene served two purposes; the first was to demonstrate that the group is on high alert and is not trusting of anyone. The second (and this was masterfully shot imo), the almost robotic, nonchalant way they pick up the backpack left behind by the slaughtered passenger they had ignored earlier. It's seemingly trivial moments like these that make zombie stories some of my favorite.

I wasn't overly impressed with this last episode for some reason. Does anyone else think Rick was being so harsh? ... and then especially the part where he just starts shooting up the guy.
    I loved this episode. Like I mentioned above, this season has been moving at such a frantic pace that it's glazed over what's supposed to be the most important aspect of a zombie tale - the day to day interactions of the survivors. Without an episode like this, we have no idea that Michonne is capable of smiling lol. And no, I don't think Rick was being harsh at all. Morgan is the one that aimed first. If someone pointed a gun at me and my son, I would return fire immediately, I don't care if it's the freakin' Pope under that body armor.

I always viewed him as a caring, helpful person while at the same time doing what he needed to do to survive. But that last one just really bugged me for some reason. I guess I just figure he would try to reason with them first, or acquire the guns somehow else without having to kill a guy who's just trying to defend his home (which is exactly why Rick wants the guns for himself). And of course we knew it was going to be Morgan. I'm surprised that thought never crossed Rick's mind. Although I guess I can kinda see that considering everything he's been through, but you think he would have thought of him at least once on the ride out there.
    Old, naive, trusting Rick might have done that ... but not this Rick. This Rick has been hardened by the loss of his wife, the mental deterioration and subsequent death of his best friend, and the deaths of others that he has directly and indirectly pinned on himself.

Merlin, now that you're reading the comics what do you think of their treatment of Andrea in the show versus the comics?
    I'm not Merlin lol, but I absolutely hate the way Andrea has been treated this season. They have made her a completely unsympathetic character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast