Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Of course. Kirkman's approval (and not deviating from the comics) is far more valuable than show ratings.
    That will sell commercial time Im sure
    Meow, TN Me-freaking-ow!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So selling his soul for commercial time (money making) is becoming priority number one... That's the problem with a lot of shows and books today. Lets forget about the whole backstory of the governor, michonne and the Atlanta group and kill moar zombies! No offense meant but that seems a bit goofy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    So selling his soul for commercial time (money making) is becoming priority number one... That's the problem with a lot of shows and books today. Lets forget about the whole backstory of the governor, michonne and the Atlanta group and kill moar zombies! No offense meant but that seems a bit goofy.
    It makes the world go round, dude!!! I think I need a Lear Jet!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And that's the issue - you have to take the good with the bad. They can't just deviate off the path of the comics. I mean they have already added two characters that aren't even in the comics with merle and Darrel. It's all about how Robert kirkman wants his work portrayed.
    They've deviated a lot from the comics. Honestly I wish it was more like the books.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that it's different so even though i've read the comics i can get surprised!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

But then why make a Walking Dead show, and not just a zombie show? I've learned to enjoy it for what it is, but there's some key things that they've changed or added in that I think would be much more effective had they left it similar to the comics.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather, I completely agree. I like the show, and I definitely look forward to it every week, but every time they make a major change, I think about how I'd have liked it better if they kept it how it happens in the comic. There a few key events that they changed that I really don't understand the thought process behind.

Still, I love the show and have fun watching it, but I've lost a good amount of the excitement I felt when they first started making it.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Heather, I completely agree. I like the show, and I definitely look forward to it every week, but every time they make a major change, I think about how I'd have liked it better if they kept it how it happens in the comic. There a few key events that they changed that I really don't understand the thought process behind.

Still, I love the show and have fun watching it, but I've lost a good amount of the excitement I felt when they first started making it.
    I know what you guys mean. I'm glad that I have not read the books as yet (though I will eventually) cause when they pervert the original material it just drives me nuts!!! It's the primary reason I hate Kubrick's "The Shining". Well that and Shelly Duval!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    As much as I hate the Governor, I really enjoyed watching that attack on the prison last night. Especially the shot of that sinister fucking grin on his face as the truck came speeding down the road. He's a sick twisted man, and I love watching it all play out.

And, yay for Daryl coming back.
    Dude, I love the Governor. Him and his awesome deep bass theme song.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And that's the issue - you have to take the good with the bad. They can't just deviate off the path of the comics. I mean they have already added two characters that aren't even in the comics with merle and Darrel. It's all about how Robert kirkman wants his work portrayed.
    They've deviated a lot from the comics. Honestly I wish it was more like the books.

Examples?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Feverish if we give examples we may spoil some upcoming events in the show - for example Lori should NOT be dead....yet.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Feverish if we give examples we may spoil some upcoming events in the show - for example Lori should NOT be dead....yet.
    I've already read the comics, I'm curious as to what THEY think should be kept.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here are two examples that will not be in the show 100%:
    Spoiler:
    Michone's rape scene and the Governor capturing and cutting off Rick's arm. Also, at this point in the books, Tyreese is a well-established character and close friends with Rick and the group. He doesn't get kicked out because of Lori's ghost for God's sake.

I don't even try to compare the two anymore, I just enjoy them both. The show is based on the books, it's not an adaptation. Once you make peace with that, it's more enjoyable because you're not thinking how badly they're fucking up the story.

edit:you posted before I hit reply. One thing they should keep is
    Spoiler:
    Tyreese getting locked in a room full of walkers. The group thinks they'll never see him and then he leaves the room victorious and thus earning his place and respect of the group.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What will Andrea have to do to redeem herself? She's still staying in Woodbury after the Governor lied to her about the group, she saw him make Merle and Daryl fight, she saw the heads in jars and she's not going back to the people she lived with and fought with and also to Michonne who saved her life? It's OK though, the Guvernor is laying some pipe, screw friendship and loyalty.

She either does something big or gets the Lori treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Examples?
    One of my biggest complaints is Andrea. Who is one of my favorite characters in the comics and she is absolutely horrid in the show. I just wish they would already kill her off.

Comic spoilers

I could go on... They've taken many, many liberties with the show that I really do often wonder why they didn't just create their own zombie based show. Is it just because there's a built in audience because of the comics? I understand having to change some things to fit tv, but they've done more than that. Some things haven't changed the overall story, but some have. I had more issues with stuff in the beginning but then quickly learned that I just have to separate it from the books or I'm going to keep getting irritated (which I admit I still do anyways a little bit ) And at least I still have the comics.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    What will Andrea have to do to redeem herself? She's still staying in Woodbury after the Governor lied to her about the group, she saw him make Merle and Daryl fight, she saw the heads in jars and she's not going back to the people she lived with and fought with and also to Michonne who saved her life? It's OK though, the Guvernor is laying some pipe, screw friendship and loyalty.

Dude, I am so in agreement with you. How the F*ck can she stay in Woodbury after all those events? Now that Lori is gone (Sorta. Bitch, stay gone!!!) Andrea is on top of my "Dead Pool" list!!!! She needs to feed a Zombie!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Guys, I have no issue with anyone discussing things that have already aired on the AMC TV show, but please do not reveal stuff "openly" from the comics that may or may not still happen in the show.

Once something has aired on TV...it is fair game for discussion in my view.

This is a thread for the TV show afterall.

Thanks.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think she has to do anything to "redeem" herself.

Look it it from her point of view.....Rick and the Gang left her behind, and The Governor's people saved her life most likely.

So she saw some walker-heads in the fishtanks....unlikely she realized some of them were from people who had not "turned" (still human).....no big deal. Making Merle and Daryl fight...ok a little weird, but not her call to stop.

And really...if it comes down to it, she can tell Rick's group that once she figured out that The Governor was really a dick (and at this stage in the game she does not fully know that), she can say she was afraid for her life if she left.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I don't think she has to do anything to "redeem" herself.

Look it it from her point of view.....Rick and the Gang left her behind, and The Governor's people saved her life most likely.
    You're absolutely right though, you have to admit that she is, now that they know of each other, treading on thin ice, right? Especially, with Michonne going to the prison and she is the primary reason she is still alive prior to Woodbury's protection.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

They thought she was dead.

Walker or not, heads in a fishtank doesn't seem reasonable and rational behaviour for a leader of a community. Michonne saved her life, not people from Woodbury.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I won't be happy until she is the one to kill off the governor...that would redeem her for me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Walker or not, heads in a fishtank doesn't seem reasonable and rational behaviour for a leader of a community. Michonne saved her life, not people from Woodbury.
    That's what I was trying to say. Michonne rescued her post "Farm-Herd" and got her through the winter before they found Woodbury.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

That's what I was trying to say. Michonne rescued her post "Farm-Herd" and got her through the winter before they found Woodbury.
    Agreed. She now knows some of her group survived. Very strange for her to stick by the Governor. Merle and Daryl fighting, the heads in the tanks. Clear sign to me that he's not some loving caring person and that he's doing bad things. Why is she staying with him? Surprising she doesn't have more feelings invested in the people who she originally banded together with and is so willing to leave them behind.

They need to just kill her, I don't think they can redeem her character in my opinion. Sorry I sound so harsh, but I really dislike her

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Agreed. She now knows some of her group survived. Very strange for her to stick by the Governor. Merle and Daryl fighting, the heads in the tanks. Clear sign to me that he's not some loving caring person and that he's doing bad things. Why is she staying with him? Surprising she doesn't have more feelings invested in the people who she originally banded together with and is so willing to leave them behind.

They need to just kill her, I don't think they can redeem her character in my opinion. Sorry I sound so harsh, but I really dislike her
    And it's really kind of a shame. I mean she did not initially come off as such a chaotic character, but the writer's just seem to like to F*ck with her storyline. I mean I really don't know who she is anymore. And she seems like a fairly good actress, just working with really bad material.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Examples?
    Spoiler:
    My biggest issue is Shane's death. When Carl killed him in the comic, it was a hugely developmental event in his life and is one of my favorite parts of the whole series. I don't know if maybe they worried about showing that on television because Carl is so young or what. It was pretty disappointing for me, though.

I agree about Andrea also, I loved her in the comics. Now I pretty much want her to get killed off and am annoyed every time she's on screen. I also hated how they changed her and Dale's relationship. It was just something that I felt would have benefited the show; it would have made both the characters feel more relatable. Admittedly, with the actors cast for both characters, perhaps it wouldn't have translated as well. But I still feel as though it would have made Andrea seem less like a fucking moron in the past two seasons, had she made an emotional connection to a character like Dale.

So far I've been enjoying a lot of aspects of this season, but one thing that I think is a big mistake is that it doesn't really have the feeling that the comics had where the prison becomes a safe place for the group. In the comics, there is a time where everyone settles into the prison and tries to make it a home. You get the feeling that this could work (or rather, that they think this could work). And then the rug kind of gets pulled out from beneath them. In the show, that really hasn't happened; there have been constant issues since they've gotten there. I think it would have had a bigger impact had they started to feel safe before things went sour. Of course, arguments can be made against that. 1) You could say that there is a possibility that that could still happen. I guess that's true, but I can't see it happening without things starting to feel really dragged out. And 2) I have a friend who said it might have been boring to some viewers if the group grew comfortable in the prison and there wasn't constant action. But I think most viewers are smarter than that and would have known it wouldn't last, and also- some of the episodes in this season have been a little boring, to me at least.

I didn't really understand why they killed off Sophia, but it wasn't a huge deal to me because Carl is already so different than he is in the comics, I don't think their relationship would have been as meaningful on the show.

Also, I have to be honest, I just don't like the Governor. He started to grow on me for a few episodes, but that died away pretty quick. The way the actor delivers his lines, his accent, the way he walks, almost every thing about him bothers me, and not in a suitable, creepy way. I also am annoyed with the way they wrote his character, as if he was almost semi normal at first, and then became a sociopathic maniac after he lost Penny (and his eye.)

I don't dislike all the changes, obviously. I love Daryl, and I've started to really enjoy Carol every episode. She's almost become a figure of stability for the group, which is refreshing to see when the leaders of the group are having issues.

Also, like I said earlier, I do enjoy the show and look forward to it every week. And I was never expecting it to be everything I ever wished it could be after reading the comics, but if I'm being honest, I did expect it to be a little better.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Walker or not, heads in a fishtank doesn't seem reasonable and rational behaviour for a leader of a community.

Michonne saved her life, not people from Woodbury.
    Yes...but in her eyes, they left her.

And no....walker-heads do not seem rational (of course, who knows what is rational in a zombie filled world)....but he did offer up an explanation as to why he had them.

And the people of Woodbury did save her life....the way I saw it, she was knocking on death's door with a bad case of the flu when Merle found/captured her, and they treated her.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast