Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 151 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I know i was waiting for them to show it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

What's up guys and girls? I'm new here but saw there was a thread for my favorite series right now. Not sure if I'm supposed to post spoilers here so I'll cover up but... Just finished watching last night's episode (hate commercials so DVR it). I'm mad about what happened at the end.
    Spoiler:
    Shane was prolly my favorite dude. I don't know if that means I'm a fucked up individual or not but at least he was real about the new world. I think the group is in some trouble now because they just lost the last of their "balls". Question tho, did I miss something in a prior episode? How are people coming back without getting bit or scratched? I'm confused. Also, what ever happened to Duane and his pops? I missed a couple of episodes earlier on this season. Do we know if they're walkers up in Atlanta?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    The black guy's name is T-Dog. Seriously. I feel so bad for that dude, he's barely done anything and has a terribly stereotypical "black guy" name.
    I'd be so pissed if I was that guy. I'm dreading the thought of a latino in TWD, they'll probably name him Juan Garcia Gomez or something. Tequila for short.

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    GOD...DAMNIT. I knew they probably wouldn't have Carl do it like he was supposed to. I suppose they got as close as network execs would probably let them, but it still annoys me.
    how was he supposed to do it?
    Spoiler:
    Shane and Rick are in the woods arguing about Laurie. Shane is about to kill Rick with a rifle, with Rick begging him not to and suddenly blood spurts out of his neck. He drops and Carl is standing there with the smoking gun yelling 'Don't hurt my daddy again!!!". Carl shoots the living Shane, not a zombified version. He drops to the ground crying and saying "It's not the same as killing the dead ones, daddy." The issue ends with Rick holding him and saying "It never should be, son. It never should be."
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I would have loved to have seen it play out like that ... but the way the show had progressed up to that point, Rick taking out Shane felt really cathartic, there was just too much build up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And I loved the way they shot that final scene. Also next week looks to be good. I hope they do something exciting for the finale.
    The cinematogrophy for that final shot was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I really want Rick and his whole family to die. Yes, I understand that they are the primary characters of the show, but their continued survival, despite their complete incompitence in all things, really just takes away any kind believability this show has. Believing in Zombies is one thing, but they are just idiots.
    Lol, kinda harsh, but yeah the writers definitely haven't done them any favors in that regard.

Then he is completely oblivious to the Darth Vader breathing coming from 3 ft behind him and ignores the visual cues (ask a cop) of his son looking PAST him at Zombie-Shane. I mean, I'm not trained in any special skills of observation, and I Know when someone is Looking past me instead of at me. I understand he was concerned that Carl was going to shoot him, but still...
    Well in his defense, it was dark during that scene so I would imagine in real time it's extremely difficult to see if someone is looking right at you or slightly to the right of you at that distance. You could argue that he should have heard the shuffling / footsteps of Shane, but his mind was probably completely eclipsed with the possibility of getting capped by his own son.

Possible comic spoiler...
    Spoiler:

I guess my view on Rick and Shane (for breaking the kids neck and not some more unzombieable) being idiots is because I know that anyone can turn into a Zombie when they die, not just people that were bitten. Is that not known to them in the show at this point? Did Shane kill the kid, and Rick kill Shane not realizing that they could turn into walkers even though they weren't bit? I thought this was common knowledge, especially since they found the guy that hung himself and was a walker?
    Spoiler:
    The guy that hung himself had a note attached to him saying that he had been bitten. This is the first time that the show implies that you can turn into a zombie without being bitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Xile View Post
    ...Shane was prolly my favorite dude. I don't know if that means I'm a fucked up individual or not but at least he was real about the new world. I think the group is in some trouble now because they just lost the last of their "balls". Question tho, did I miss something in a prior episode? How are people coming back without getting bit or scratched? I'm confused. Also, what ever happened to Duane and his pops? I missed a couple of episodes earlier on this season. Do we know if they're walkers up in Atlanta?
    (Welcome to the site!)

Shane wasn't my favorite character, but he grew on me as the show went on. Apart from the Rick-Lori-Shane triangle, Shane's actions - although extreme and exarcebated given the circumstances - were heavily pragmatic with an eye towards the groups survival. He was the only one that had the testicular fortitude to do what needed to be done, regardless of how everyone else felt.

Also, I find it kinda funny that the survivors had a shooting gallery when they opened up the barn doors and let the zombies out, but Carl fires one shot and suddenly a 200+ horde shows up .

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Also, I find it kinda funny that the survivors had a shooting gallery when they opened up the barn doors and let the zombies out, but Carl fires one shot and suddenly a 200+ horde shows up .
    That's crazy bro. We must have the same mind because when I saw all of the walkers approaching at the end, I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. I think one of the reasons I liked Shane is 1) That beat down he gave to the wife-beater earlier in the season and 2) He SHOULD have been in charge. It's no longer a forgiving world and an unforgiving world need an unforgiving leader. Not someone like Rick who is one step more ruthless than Hershel FFS. Anyways, what happened to Duane and his dad from episode one of the first season? Did I miss what happened to those two cats? I think Rick was talking to them on the two-way in some later episode but that's all I know.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

To my recollection, there hasn't been any mention of them at all this season. Wouldn't surprised to see them pop up somewhere down the line though.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those that want to know what the comic says about becoming a zombie...

Spoiler:
    Simplest way to explain it is that the virus that turns a person into a zombie has been dormant in humans for a LONG time. All humans have it and are affected by it. Something happened that changed it. When a person dies, for any reason (except brain trauma of course), they reanimate. When someone is bitten by a zombie, they get a massive infection that the scientists of the world had no time to find a cure for before the end came.

So basically, if you get bit by a zombie, you are going to die of the infection eventually. Whether you were bitten or not, you are going to turn into a zombie when you die.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the all the walkers were showing up not beause of the gunshot, because of all the cattle they alluded earlierin the episode.

Great episode overall, Rick is the man. Like really, he acts as if he's about to talk his way out of a situation and when the other person thinks they are seconds away from going on the offence they are done. Rick has what it takes to be leader, he just wants to know what every possible option first because he knows half of success of a decision is based on timing. Finale looks great.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I alone in thinking Laurie is a whore? I wonder about that whenever I see her pleading, whorish eyes sulkily look into those of Shane's. Her mindset must have been: "Welp, Rick's dead! What the hell am I going to do to get laid now? It's been an entire week! Hayyy Shane I've got something to show you!" Just saying, u know? She annoys me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I think the all the walkers were showing up not beause of the gunshot, because of all the cattle they alluded earlierin the episode.
    I don't know, it was heavily implied that the gunshot is what cued the walkers. If I remember correctly, the sound of the gunshot is super imposed over the scene of the walkers looking toward the sound. Will rewatch later.

Great episode overall, Rick is the man. Like really, he acts as if he's about to talk his way out of a situation and when the other person thinks they are seconds away from going on the offence they are done.
    Yup, loved seeing that devilishly clever side of Rick. Hope to see more of it as the show goes on so that it syncs with his comic book counter part.

...he just wants to know what every possible option first because he knows half of success of a decision is based on timing. Finale looks great.
    Eh, yes and no. Sometimes he does act appropriately, accessing all viable options and then making a decision ... but other times he is so childishly naive that I want to reach across the screen and slap him.

I actually pointed this out a few posts ago. I would love for him to be considered for the role of the gunslinger, he certainly looks the part , doesn't he ?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If the world was ending, I'd get it while I could. I get why Lori did it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    If the world was ending, I'd get it while I could. I get why Lori did it.
    Approved.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the reason that there is an entire horde of zombies responding to the TWO gunshots fired in this episode and not all of the ones during the barn slaughter is just a matter of timing. They established early in this season that the zombies are starting to form packs and are traveling around (see the episode where the girl disappeared). There simply must not have been a horde in earshot until recently.

I feel like since there is going to be a Night of the Living Dead like last stand in the farm house then there are probably going to be some more deaths. Anyone have any thoughts on who is going to extend the main character death streak to three episodes?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

t-dog
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    t-dog
    Too obvious!!! A good call though, but it will be "Ladies Night" I think and maybe Herschel as well for collateral!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely liked the episode a lot. One of my favorite things from the comic book is that ANYTHING could happen at ANY time. Main characters die and have horrible things happen to them, it was unpredictable. Now, if you were watching the show without being a fan of the comic book, then the climax of this episode would have been unpredictable. But, what I like about it, is that BECAUSE the televisiow show differs from the comic book, even the fans of the comic book (of which there are a LOT) got to see something unpredictable. Something unexpected. I wasn't expecting that at all. Very good climax.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great show last Sunday. Since I DVR'ed this it was very difficult not checking this thread yesterday but somehow I managed. I do have one note/issue which is:
    Spoiler:
    How in the world is Carl allowed to walk around completely unsupervised at all times? They are living in a zombie apocalypse and my kids would certainly be accounted for 24-7.
    Of course this is only a show.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lori is a moron, and Carl is getting to the age were his independence and curiosity overcome his fear and good sense. In other works... His Mom sucks and he's hitting his teens.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Lori is a moron
    Agreed! She is my least favorite character on the show. I also did not care for her on Prison Break so maybe it's more about her and not the character(s) she plays.

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

She's only concerned about more penis. I wish Laurie would die. I thought about t-dog dying and just can't see that happening because they can't kill off every African-American. If he does get killed, I'm sure Rick will be contacted on the radio that exact same episode. I actually think Sophie's mom is pretty useless to the group and can see her going soon; setting Daryl off on a rampage.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Definitely liked the episode a lot. One of my favorite things from the comic book is that ANYTHING could happen at ANY time. Main characters die and have horrible things happen to them, it was unpredictable. Now, if you were watching the show without being a fan of the comic book, then the climax of this episode would have been unpredictable. But, what I like about it, is that BECAUSE the televisiow show differs from the comic book, even the fans of the comic book (of which there are a LOT) got to see something unpredictable. Something unexpected. I wasn't expecting that at all. Very good climax.
    I wasn't too surprised he was gonna get killed since the episode focused heavily on him.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not surprised he was going to die, but very surprised in how it happened.

As far as Lori is concerned, i have a different view on why she had her latest conversation with Shane. To me, it sounded like she was egging him on. She knows how he feels about her, and she was trying to push him over the edge so he goes and does and something stupid. That way he would be kicked out of the group, or killed. One way or another, she won't have to worry about him anymore.

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Not surprised he was going to die, but very surprised in how it happened.

As far as Lori is concerned, i have a different view on why she had her latest conversation with Shane. To me, it sounded like she was egging him on. She knows how he feels about her, and she was trying to push him over the edge so he goes and does and something stupid. That way he would be kicked out of the group, or killed. One way or another, she won't have to worry about him anymore.
    I saw genuine concern there. Rick, Lori, and Carl would all be dead if it weren't for Shane. He was BOSS.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Looking forward to the youtube mash up with the "zombie beat down" in the beginning with some rap music thrown underneath.
    Ooooh we're so mad at you zombies!
    Good episode.

Country
    Country Flag

This made me laugh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 151 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast