Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the read.

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, great interview. Sophia's death to me was great because it proves the show is absolutely trying to take on an identity of its own aside from the graphic novels. Now even us novel veterans are unsure what to expect and it adds to the appeal of the show, which quite honestly was waning this season. I'm confused as to where Carl's character is headed without Sophia but I have faith in the writers now. Also, I'm totally over Shane. His walk, talk, everything is annoying. They need to follow the comic route with him immediately. That is to say
    Spoiler:
    he needs to get shot, ideally by Carl
    and by that spoiler I mean
    Spoiler:
    he needs to die haha
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

I was really hoping Hershel would kick their asses off the farm after the barn incident, mostly because (in the comic, at least) they find a much cooler place to live almost directly after leaving the farm. Of course, at the pace the show moves compared to the comic, it would probably take them a lot longer to find it, but still.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up the first volume to start reading the series. I might switch over to the Books though since i get more of the comics in those and there hardcovered so it's easier to put on a book shelf.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I loved the mid-season finale. Finally, they found Sophia. Regardless of what she was when they found her, I'm just glad that's done and over with. Unfortunately, it wasn't a huge surprise for me because my idiot coworker came up to me on Monday (I had DVR'd the Walking Dead and was planning on watching it that night) and was like, "So what'd you think of Sophia being in the barn the whole time?" I about punched his face in.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Something similar happened to me! I had DVR'd it to watch it later that night, and as I was getting home I logged on to facebook really quick and my cousin had a status "I told ya'll that Sophia would be a zombie!"

I responded with

"THANKS FOR THE SPOILER WARNING DAWG"

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

hahahah that sucks. I try and stay away from social media until I watch my shows.

Oh as for the Walking Dead comics. Carl is AWESOME
    Spoiler:
    I love that he shot and killed Shane at the end of volume 1 slash 4th comic. Shane pisses me off on the show.
    I can't wait to pick up the rest of them when I'm done christmas shopping.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    But then you're assuming that he knew that that was the specific girl they were looking for.
    It's not as if they had a chance to talk with Otis, when Otis was in the picture it was about Carl being shot then he went off with Shane. If Otis hadn't have been killed and had been around for days and they were able to describe Sophie, maybe show a picture of her if the mother had one, they would have known.
    That's a "bullshit" reach. Herschel would have at least suspected. C'mon, deal with reality!!!
    That's assuming that Hercshel saw every zombie Otis put in the barn, so you're reaching too.
    Well maybe I am reaching a bit, but then again Herschel seemed to make it a point to know the name of everyone in that barn. It was part of his belief that they were "human" and sick. Then again I suppose you could be right and he didn't know all of their names. It just seemed so obvious at the end of the episode to me. However you guys make some valid points. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really itching to grab those beautiful hardcovers 1 through 7 but at twenty bucks a pop or more that's pretty expensive. Hoping for a sale on Amazon for about fifteen each.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol I hate it when people ruin things! I try to watch my MUST SEE shows that night, just for that reason.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    But then you're assuming that he knew that that was the specific girl they were looking for.
    It's not as if they had a chance to talk with Otis, when Otis was in the picture it was about Carl being shot then he went off with Shane. If Otis hadn't have been killed and had been around for days and they were able to describe Sophie, maybe show a picture of her if the mother had one, they would have known.
    That's a "bullshit" reach. Herschel would have at least suspected. C'mon, deal with reality!!!
    That's assuming that Hercshel saw every zombie Otis put in the barn, so you're reaching too.
    Well maybe I am reaching a bit, but then again Herschel seemed to make it a point to know the name of everyone in that barn. It was part of his belief that they were "human" and sick. Then again I suppose you could be right and he didn't know all of their names. It just seemed so obvious at the end of the episode to me. However you guys make some valid points. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    As mentioned by two people on the previous page, Kirkman said on the Talking Dead aftershow that Otis was the only one who knew about her being in there and Shane prevented him from being able to make the connection for them when he killed him.

I think Sophia had only been missing for 2 days at most when they found the farm(she goes missing on Day 67, they find the farm on day 68: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Te..._show_Timeline), and Otis was out hunting when he shot Carl. It is likely that he wrangled Sophia that day and went out hunting without ever talking to Herschel. After that, if he had told Herschel about the girl, it likely would have been on screen. It was also day 68 still, qhen Herschel was completely focused on saving Carl when Otis is shot. There was really no time for private conversation between the two.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Kirkman did explain that on The Talking Dead. He made it very clear that Hershel had no idea that Sophia (or any little girl) was in the barn. He also blamed that whole sitch on Shane. So everything is Shane's fault for being an asshole.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    So everything is Shane's fault for being an asshole.
    Asshole ?

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm up to volume 9 of the graphic novels and they are seriously INTENSE. Characters die left & right. The sense of despair is completely overwhelming and I feel like the show is finally starting to pick up on that emotion. In other news, Shane still sucks.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The comics are ridiculously tension filled, it's one of the reasons I love them so.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. All my complaining about this season being slow and all I can think of tonight is I wish I had the newest episode queued up on my DVR!

P.S. What the hell is a mid-season finale?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Damn. All my complaining about this season being slow and all I can think of tonight is I wish I had the newest episode queued up on my DVR!

P.S. What the hell is a mid-season finale?

The new buzz phrase for taking Christmas off, or saving episodes for sweeps, or whatever other crazy reasons they have to split up show seasons even though the never used to do that.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I think it's American tv producers finally deciding to copy us:
    "Those crazy Brits! I still don't see how they can have shows that have 6 episode seasons!"
    "I think the general theory is that the viewing public over there have practically no attention span."
    "Hah! Wait a minute: don't our audiences over here have a short attention span too?"
    "Holy shit, you're right! We better do the same thing!"
    "Reduce our seasons to 6 eps? How the hell are we supposed to make money then?"
    "Ok, how about this: instead of reducing our seasons, we split them up? That way, we get two season openers, and two season finales in one!"
    "Brilliant! That increases the important eps to 4! Let's do it!"
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Me too, man. Me too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yikes, having to catch up on things all at once here...

I have been a dedicated fan of The Walking Dead since the first show aired. I don't read the comic but my hubby does and he fills me in on all the new doings and goings on.

Let me first say, I really enjoy that the show and the comic are two seperate things. It would probably be terribly boring if I knew every little thing that happened before it happened. It's very cool that Shane is still kicking and Sophia is not, and that the characters have their own distinct personality, even if it doesn't "match up" with that from the comics.

However, I gotta admit, as much as I love the "human element" in the comics, I'm well into the feeling that the show is dragging on this season. I realize that the time elapsed for the first 6 episodes was over a couple of days to a week, but taking the entire first half of the season to find one little lost girl, to establish a relationship with Herschel and his family, and for Laurie to tell her husband that she's OMG preggers...well it got boring. If that had all been covered in half the time, I think I'd be more engaged with what is happening in the show.

Don't get me wrong, I realize that they are dealing with life in a zombie apocolypse, and that "shit is serious" but I just don't feel the need to listen to Shane arguing AGAIN that trying to find a lost little girl is a bad idea, or Andrea carrying on about "her gun" AGAIN, or ANOTHER scene where Laurie or Rick are crying by Carl's bedside...

Right now, the only characters that actually have my attention and I feel that I can connect with are Daryl, Dale and Glen who is finally getting a little more screen time.

I'm not saying I'm out or won't pick the show back up in February, but I'm hoping they make some progress in the last half of the year. Otherwise, we are going to end up with an entire season of the show that covers events that happen over a time span of week or two. I don't like that idea.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, they're definitely milking every relationship for every drop they're worth.

I'm hoping that the quick paced approach that they took with the mid season finale is a sign of things to come.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, so last night I took a break from my tv hating to watch the first episode of this...of course I didn't actually watch tv.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd ________________________ .

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

it was good.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast