Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 151 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this all girl group in the comics can someone tell me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This episode was awful. Everything that is bad with "Fear the" was in this episode. I would not be shocked if one of the Fear guys wrote or directed this one.

The Oceanside camp is mentioned in the comics but never seen. I don't think it's an all female camp.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    This episode was awful. Everything that is bad with "Fear the" was in this episode. I would not be shocked if one of the Fear guys wrote or directed this one.

The Oceanside camp is mentioned in the comics but never seen. I don't think it's an all female camp.
    I think the whole thing could work IF it was mixed with other threads. We're all dying to find out how the other characters are doing and we get a whole episode about a character nobody really cares about in a new location filled with people we've never seen before.

They could have mixed it in over the next few episodes with Carol/Morgan and or Daryl/Dwight stuff.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tara is one of my favourite characters so it was good seeing her get some time to shine. Much like the last five episodes it was a bunch of seed planting and the harvest will come in the season finale, which will plant the seed for season 8. I like the episode just fine.

Oceanside sounds like Carol's heaven haha
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My only issue with this episode because I did like it... Was at the end.... the producers have got to stop this silly bullshit with trying to fool the audience all the time. Like every walker on that bridge was dusty... and at the end there happens to be a walker... back to with the same hair as Heath? Really? Same shirt too????????? And freshly turned??????????????/ WOW! NO WAIT... .it is some random woman. WTF? Why even bother with this bullshit. Love this show.. but I hate when they do that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Tara is one of my favourite characters so it was good seeing her get some time to shine. Much like the last five episodes it was a bunch of seed planting and the harvest will come in the season finale, which will plant the seed for season 8. I like the episode just fine.

Oceanside sounds like Carol's heaven haha
    Give me a fucking break. She's hardly ever on. How and why would she be one of your favorite characters?

I swear you were born to play the devil's advocate.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just came across this article, and can't say I'm surprised that the ratings are dropping. I haven't seen the past few episodes, and honestly I really have no desire too.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/23...g-dead-ratings

So who was this last episode focused on? Tara? I really wish they would do what I said and incorporate at least a few storylines into 1 episode. It would flow so much better.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are right, the current format for this year is working out great.

Walking Dead Ratings Plummet

EDIT: I didn't see Heather post a similar article.

Heather, last episode focused on Tara (so that's her name!) and a group of women living in a settlement in the woods.

I'm too much of a completionist to dump the show, but I don't blame people who do. The episode actually wasn't bad, I just didn't want the whole episode to focus on that story thread.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Give me a fucking break. She's hardly ever on. How and why would she be one of your favorite characters?

She hasn't been featured much since she went out on the run, but she had lots to do before then. She's been on the show for a full three seasons now. She's funny and kind of geeky and stands out amongst the rest of the cast. While the apocalypse has changed many people, I like that Tara has been 'keep on keeping on' as she'd probably say before fist bumping someone. Did you not laugh when she gave that girl the finger when leaving Oceanside? I liked her when she was introduced the those two Governor episodes. I wonder if she will change now since she just found out she lost Denise and Glenn and Abraham were basically her two longest relationships of the group.

These bottle episodes are doing A LOT of grunt work and I don't think it would translate well to mixing the stories up episode to episode, something we'll see more of going forward as it narratively fits. I've listened to a lot of criticism over this format and a lot of it boils down to people upset they don't get to see their favourite characters every week and it's all filler, which it's not. If they don't like the content itself, the content won't change if it's cut up and mixed together so the bottle episode format doesn't really matter in that sense. I think a lot of it boils down to they want more action to happen and a lot of people expect huge things because Negan was introduced, but the table must be set before we can dine. I'd rather them take their time than rush it like they did with The Governor, which was a muddled mess because there was too much going on at once.

The ratings are meaningless. Like the article said, their own aftershow is a clear number two on Sunday Nights. Almost no show keeps their largest fan base. There is always a falling off point. Walking Dead just seems more pronounced because of how long the fan base is. I've learned one thing about fans in my life, and that is they are incredibly fickle. If the finale is strong the ratings for episode 9 with be huge again. The show is basically around the average for the first four seasons. Nothing to be concerned about. The longer any show runs, the more people will stop watching until on the hardcore fans remain.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think what people are tiring of is the split season(s) and long lag between these. The episode format would be more compelling on a week to week basis if there wasn't such lag. The ratings are dipping because with this format a number of people probably prefer to binge watch.

This goes for a number of AMC shows. I love Better Call Saul and I liked Badlands however I lose interest or others things become more important during the long wait(s).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

She hasn't been featured much since she went out on the run, but she had lots to do before then. She's been on the show for a full three seasons now. She's funny and kind of geeky and stands out amongst the rest of the cast. While the apocalypse has changed many people, I like that Tara has been 'keep on keeping on' as she'd probably say before fist bumping someone. Did you not laugh when she gave that girl the finger when leaving Oceanside? I liked her when she was introduced the those two Governor episodes. I wonder if she will change now since she just found out she lost Denise and Glenn and Abraham were basically her two longest relationships of the group.

These bottle episodes are doing A LOT of grunt work and I don't think it would translate well to mixing the stories up episode to episode, something we'll see more of going forward as it narratively fits. I've listened to a lot of criticism over this format and a lot of it boils down to people upset they don't get to see their favourite characters every week and it's all filler, which it's not. If they don't like the content itself, the content won't change if it's cut up and mixed together so the bottle episode format doesn't really matter in that sense. I think a lot of it boils down to they want more action to happen and a lot of people expect huge things because Negan was introduced, but the table must be set before we can dine. I'd rather them take their time than rush it like they did with The Governor, which was a muddled mess because there was too much going on at once.

The ratings are meaningless. Like the article said, their own aftershow is a clear number two on Sunday Nights. Almost no show keeps their largest fan base. There is always a falling off point. Walking Dead just seems more pronounced because of how long the fan base is. I've learned one thing about fans in my life, and that is they are incredibly fickle. If the finale is strong the ratings for episode 9 with be huge again. The show is basically around the average for the first four seasons. Nothing to be concerned about. The longer any show runs, the more people will stop watching until on the hardcore fans remain.
    I don't give a shit about ratings either, but look no further than this thread to find a bunch of people who are often disappointed by this show lately.

I'm glad you like Tara, but the fact remains that she's a c list character on this show. Sure, she says something funny every once in a while, but since she first appeared, she's had very little to do. I don't give a shit about action either, but you introduced me to a fucking dude with a tiger and now you haven't shown him in 4 weeks.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't give a shit about ratings either, but look no further than this thread to find a bunch of people who are often disappointed by this show lately.

I'm glad you like Tara, but the fact remains that she's a c list character on this show. Sure, she says something funny every once in a while, but since she first appeared, she's had very little to do. I don't give a shit about action either, but you introduced me to a fucking dude with a tiger and now you haven't shown him in 4 weeks.
    I hear that!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping I'd get my Olivia/Negan scenes before the mid-season finale Seem they switched around things a bit. In the comics, Rick isn't around when he first arrives and making Olivia cry is the first thing that happens, and some plot points that haven't happened yet happen, and then Rick shows up and Negan gets him to show him around like in episode 4. I thought this episode was definitely better than the last few, if only because I'm biased and I got so much of the great early Negan stuff all in one episode. I love the wrinkles to his character his interactions showed tonight. I can only hope those disliking Negan are coming around the character now. He's like a fine wine and only gets better with age. He got me laughing pretty hard to, the way he made out with Sherry in front of Dwight and when their parted you just saw Dwight's sad face, and the way he gave Daryl finger was the hardest the show has ever made me laugh. "

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We are on different pages here. I thought it was fairly boring and showed (almost) zero growth in the mythos and character of Negan. I'm sure I will enjoy this season a lot more when I can watch them as a whole. I talked to my better half about this last night and I think we may just record the show for now on and watch them in blocks. The split season has never sat well with us and I think we have always enjoyed them better when we watched them an episode or two each evening.

In regards to Negan he appears to be a fairly weak character and I can't for the life of me figure out why no one has killed him yet. They have provided the same lines and shown the same hip tilt, and smile repeatedly. He is a sick power hungry person. After the brutality and sadistic nature shown in the opener this point does not need to hammered on over and over for me. I get it.

They haven't done a good job, at least for me, at showing what really makes him successful. Is it as simple as him being ruthless? They haven't shown him to be much of a fighter. He has been a director of activities but not really a warrior. I am really wondering why no one from his own group has killed him yet. They have shown what an ass he is and how disliked he is even by his own people. Do they think the walls off their home will fall down once Negan is dead?

I was hoping I'd get my Olivia/Negan scenes before the mid-season finale Seem they switched around things a bit. In the comics, Rick isn't around when he first arrives and making Olivia cry is the first thing that happens, and some plot points that haven't happened yet happen, and then Rick shows up and Negan gets him to show him around like in episode 4. I thought this episode was definitely better than the last few, if only because I'm biased and I got so much of the great early Negan stuff all in one episode. I love the wrinkles to his character his interactions showed tonight. I can only hope those disliking Negan are coming around the character now. He's like a fine wine and only gets better with age. He got me laughing pretty hard to, the way he made out with Sherry in front of Dwight and when their parted you just saw Dwight's sad face, and the way he gave Daryl finger was the hardest the show has ever made me laugh. "

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    We are on different pages here. I thought it was fairly boring and showed (almost) zero growth in the mythos and character of Negan. I'm sure I will enjoy this season a lot more when I can watch them as a whole. I talked to my better half about this last night and I think we may just record the show for now on and watch them in blocks. The split season has never sat well with us and I think we have always enjoyed them better when we watched them an episode or two each evening.

In regards to Negan he appears to be a fairly weak character and I can't for the life of me figure out why no one has killed him yet. They have provided the same lines and shown the same hip tilt, and smile repeatedly. He is a sick power hungry person. After the brutality and sadistic nature shown in the opener this point does not need to hammered on over and over for me. I get it.

They haven't done a good job, at least for me, at showing what really makes him successful. Is it as simple as him being ruthless? They haven't shown him to be much of a fighter. He has been a director of activities but not really a warrior. I am really wondering why no one from his own group has killed him yet. They have shown what an ass he is and how disliked he is even by his own people. Do they think the walls off their home will fall down once Negan is dead?
    As a comic reader I agree with most of this. In the comic he has respect from his people and most of them are happy with him as long as they are following the rules. In addition the comics showed him as a little more likeable outside of violent side. He actually would prefer to never have to hurt anyone and just have everyone operate smoothly under his rule. He was also menacingly huge which made it easier to understand why no one would mess with him. In the show, however, there have been numerous times where it makes zero sense that he wasn't taken out easily. While I like the actor I think the show is really failing to deliver on the Negan that was in the comics and because of that so much of what is happening seems so off the wall unbelievable.

They also seem to be adopting that painfully slow pace that fear the Walking Dead has. If it continues this way I will most likely bail on the show after this season.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Couldn't agree more!!! Moreover, JDM is a fairly good actor and they are just wasting him IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They established quite a bit about Negan in this episode. And the sides of his character they show aren't blatantly obvious. For an evil, sadistic monster he genuinely feels bad for making a kid and a fat woman cry and it brought him authentic joy to sit on a porch and hold a small child. He also doesn't hit any of his wives, and there are other wrinkles yet to come. He really isn't THAT bad of a guy, and when he is bad, he feels it is perfectly vindicated as per ironing some guys face or beating in an Asian kid's skull. Negan still hasn't done anything as villainous as sneaking into someone's home to kill them in their sleep. I always liked how The Wolves who randomly jumped the walls of Alexandria to massacre people that never knew they existed were made to seem really evil, and then rick and co basically do the exact same thing in the second half of the season and are meant to be heroic.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I must be easily entertained. I have enjoyed each and every episode this season, yes, even the Oceanside one. And yes, Negan is one dimensional, but I am enjoying the one dimension immensely. I loved so many lines in this one.

"You are adorable."
    "It's like talking to a birthday present."
    "I am about 50% more into you now." - my personal favorite of the night.

Not my favorite season, but I'm not going anywhere. And I like the extended episode lengths too.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They established quite a bit about Negan in this episode. And the sides of his character they show aren't blatantly obvious. For an evil, sadistic monster he genuinely feels bad for making a kid and a fat woman cry and it brought him authentic joy to sit on a porch and hold a small child. He also doesn't hit any of his wives, and there are other wrinkles yet to come. He really isn't THAT bad of a guy, and when he is bad, he feels it is perfectly vindicated as per ironing some guys face or beating in an Asian kid's skull. Negan still hasn't done anything as villainous as sneaking into someone's home to kill them in their sleep. I always liked how The Wolves who randomly jumped the walls of Alexandria to massacre people that never knew they existed were made to seem really evil, and then rick and co basically do the exact same thing in the second half of the season and are meant to be heroic.
    What a guy!!! Let's give him the Post-Apocalyptic Nobel Prize!!! LOL LOL

In the words of. Tony Montana "Manolo, Joot this piece of shit" and lets move on. He quotes one more fairy tale line in that staccato manner and I'm flying to, Atlanta to have at him!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Negan more in that episode. Like others mentioned, I'm wondering why somebody hasn't just slit his throat. They need to establish why people hold him to such a high standard at this point.

Personally, I think they should have had Jeffery Dean Morgan bulk up for his role of Negan. He should look like he did in Watchmen. There are times when he's walking around in that leather coat and his waist looks so tiny. He's listed at 6'2" (which I take with a grain of salt), but he doesn't look that solid to me. I'm the same height and my waist size is probably 2 or 3 sizes larger than his and I'm not fat either.

I'm not sure why they didn't have him put on more muscle for this role.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I must be easily entertained. I have enjoyed each and every episode this season, yes, even the Oceanside one. And yes, Negan is one dimensional, but I am enjoying the one dimension immensely. I loved so many lines in this one.

"You are adorable."
    "It's like talking to a birthday present."
    "I am about 50% more into you now." - my personal favorite of the night.

Not my favorite season, but I'm not going anywhere. And I like the extended episode lengths too.
    Well I'm in your camp. I am loving his season!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Where is rick at the end of the show? I must have missed it... anyone know this place from the comics or... thanks!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Negan more in that episode. Like others mentioned, I'm wondering why somebody hasn't just slit his throat. They need to establish why people hold him to such a high standard at this point.

Personally, I think they should have had Jeffery Dean Morgan bulk up for his role of Negan. He should look like he did in Watchmen. There are times when he's walking around in that leather coat and his waist looks so tiny. He's listed at 6'2" (which I take with a grain of salt), but he doesn't look that solid to me. I'm the same height and my waist size is probably 2 or 3 sizes larger than his and I'm not fat either.

I'm not sure why they didn't have him put on more muscle for this role.
    I look at it as never underestimate the power of depending on someone and the devil you know. The fact alone he controls a group with hundreds of people and also controls several communities much lend some idea to his ability to lead. Rick has never successfully led a group near that large without people doubting him or even rebelling, and has demonstrated tactics such as excommunication and execution for breaking his rules. It seems the deal with Negan is that he is so confident that it instills doubt in people. It would be good if JDM were bigger for the role, but even if he was huge, a bullet to the head ignores bulk. At brutal as Negan can be, he is reasonable in the end, and perhaps they know others who would take control would be worse?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I took those scenes you referenced as sarcasm from Negan. In regards to not hitting his wives he doesn't need to...he hurts other people they care about. Plus there is the little fact that most if not all can either work for points or be with him. It is all abuse.

The comparison to the Wolves and Ricks group is certainly valid however the "why" of the action may be more important.

Mainly I feel the show has become a bit less about traditional drama and more about one liners and gore. In my own head I truly try and make all my concerns go away but I do feel the show has transitioned from drama with elements of fantasy to a popcorn fun summer movie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to mention I loved the nod to The Wire with Michonne whistling The Farmer in the Dell. Pretty cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 151 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast