Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 151 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Yeah, those flashes of the cast members was pretty cheesy as well. I wonder who's idea it was to put those in. Has Greg Nicotero directed other stuff prior to this? I pretty much just know him as a special effects/makeup guy. And how did he get the job as director? It's probably just me but I feel like since he's taken the lead there's been an abundance of poor decisions and somewhat cheesy filming choices made.
    Greg Nicotero is a hack of a director
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. I still wonder what the show would be like if Frank was still involved. Even though I didn't like a lot of choices he made in season 1 on a storytelling standpoint, at least the quality was good.
    All the searching for Sophia stuff everyone hated was when the show was under Frank's control.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh yes I really hated that. I thought he left after the first season, or maybe I'm mistaken? Like I said though, filming wise it was a lot better executed than this last season, which I thought was pretty horrible.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I feel like all I do is bitch about this show. I don't know why I still watch it I'm guessing just because I'm a huge fan of the comics, but in the end that only hurts the show for me as well.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Idk how telling this is, but I felt nothing when Abraham and Glenn were killed last week. Nothing.

Normally the death of a cast regular makes you feel some typa way, but I was so annoyed with being jerked around that at that point I just wanted the reveal out of the way to end the nagging mystery.
    Sort of like this?

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot MadTV was back!

There's nothing wrong with bitching about a show. Especially if it's a show that you once really loved. Plus, like you said, you love the comics so you are going to hold it to a different standard.

Some people are way too easy to please when it comes to some shows.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, those flashes of the cast members was pretty cheesy as well. I wonder who's idea it was to put those in. Has Greg Nicotero directed other stuff prior to this? I pretty much just know him as a special effects/makeup guy. And how did he get the job as director? It's probably just me but I feel like since he's taken the lead there's been an abundance of poor decisions and somewhat cheesy filming choices made.
    Probably the same dolt who had the brilliant idea to make the flashbacks from the first episode from last year in black and white.

Idk how telling this is, but I felt nothing when Abraham and Glenn were killed last week. Nothing.

Normally the death of a cast regular makes you feel some typa way, but I was so annoyed with being jerked around that at that point I just wanted the reveal out of the way to end the nagging mystery.
    Agreed. We talked about it before, but at the end of last year that final scene was so great. It was really intense and then... well, blue balls. I had a hard time getting back into that scene. That's just a hard thing to recapture, hence why they should have just carried it through last season.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Last season was a mixed bag. When it was good it was great. I loved JSS and The Same Boat (in my top 10) and Morgan's episode was real good. The Glenn fake out really hurt the season for me. Carol was Easily the best part of Season 6 and Season 5. But now she has Negan's greatness to steal her thunder.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So who recons Carol and Morgan with their new found friends along with the "hill top" will end up banding together with Rick's group to save the day come the end of the season?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Last season was a mixed bag. When it was good it was great. I loved JSS and The Same Boat (in my top 10) and Morgan's episode was real good. The Glenn fake out really hurt the season for me. Carol was Easily the best part of Season 6 and Season 5. But now she has Negan's greatness to steal her thunder.
    My biggest issue last year was that there wasn't enough Carol. She disappeared for some episodes. That's why her turn felt abrupt to me. She went from ruthless killer, to this tree hugger in like 5 minutes.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    So who recons Carol and Morgan with their new found friends along with the "hill top" will end up banding together with Rick's group to save the day come the end of the season?
    I think this will take at least two seasons to fix.

Rick is a neutered dog right now......it's gonna take a lot more than some guys with horses and spears to fix things.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's going to make much longer. It should take longer. If they want to establish Negan as THE bad guy of the series, his malevolence has to be felt throughout the course of several seasons.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    My biggest issue last year was that there wasn't enough Carol. She disappeared for some episodes. That's why her turn felt abrupt to me. She went from ruthless killer, to this tree hugger in like 5 minutes.
    There are a lot of subtle hints towards Carol's eventual change and some not so subtle. Most of them you have to rewatch to get since by then you know where it's going. The big tell was when Carol started smoking. I'm glad she is changing again because if the one character on The Walking Dead who never stops changing stopped changing, I don't know what it would do the show.

As for last nights episode, it's purpose was to establish The Kingdom and it did a good job of it. I always liked the scene in the comics when Ezekiel dropped the act when he was alone with Michonne. I predicted that since Rick and Michonne got together that (COMICS SPOILER)
    Spoiler:
    That Carol would be the one to end up with Ezekiel, but then she hooked up with Tobin and I thought I was wrong until her and Morgan got picked up by the Kingdom guy in the season 6 finale. It's probably the best way to go. So we have Michonne in Andrea's place, Carol in Michonne's, Enid in Sophia's place, and Sasha in Holly's place. It all works for me!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't expect the Negan plotline to wrap up before the end of Season 8.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I expect a FULL 2 seasons.. maybe even 3. I read somewhere that the show plans on 12 seasons to tell the story. I can see that... after 12 years... it will be time. SO I do agree with you... 2 seasons for sure
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The show will go longer than 12 seasons. More like 15.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Think? That is a long long time... Wonder if there is an end game in the writers of the comics and/or show yet?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I certainly hope not.

So this could just be me, but I'm not a fan of how they jump around with their storytelling. Meaning going from one story to a different storyline in the next episode. You have a strong, emotional episode to open with. Kill off two main characters, and then this was a very lighthearted episode. We now have to wait another episode to maybe see the effects of Negan on the group. I wish they would interweave them because it completely takes me out of it. I think this might be the year where I slowly stop watching the show.

Country
    Country Flag

So this could just be me, but I'm not a fan of how they jump around with their storytelling. Meaning going from one story to a different storyline in the next episode. You have a strong, emotional episode to open with. Kill off two main characters, and then this was a very lighthearted episode. We now have to wait another episode to maybe see the effects of Negan on the group. I wish they would interweave them because it completely takes me out of it. I think this might be the year where I slowly stop watching the show.
    Well.. I LOVE IT. I seem to like what you do too.. so I was surprised to read this. I love how they do this... next week is Darryl's timeline... I think. I love that. Again, obviously not for everyone but I find it fun and enticing. I really have very few compliants about the show
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Think? That is a long long time... Wonder if there is an end game in the writers of the comics and/or show yet?
    It can go for quite awhile. Beyond Rick and Carl (and maybe Daryl) you could kill off any other actors that wanted out and just give the comic storyline (if they are still alive in the comics) to someone else. They have done this numerous times already. Kirkman has said he already knows how the comic is going to end but nobody on the TV show ends knows what that is. He said he is keeping that secret so that the show will never spoil it. I guess that means that if the show ends before the comic (which is likely) then it will have a different ending.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... not sure how I feel about this. One of my very few gripes with Game of Thrones is that it tries to do too much in a single episode. You get the POV of like 7 different characters, and in some cases you only get to spend 5 minutes an episode on them and then won't see them until 2 eps later. Now that drives me nuts.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... not sure how I feel about this. One of my very few gripes with Game of Thrones is that it tries to do too much in a single episode. You get the POV of like 7 different characters, and in some cases you only get to spend 5 minutes an episode on them and then won't see them until 2 eps later. Now that drives me nuts.
    Could not have said it better. My wife will not watch in anymore cause she finds it to hard to follow...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I agree with your point about GoT. But this has always annoyed me a little bit with this show, but most especially this past week. And it was probably magnified for me because the episodes were in such contrast to each other. Looks like I'm the only one though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? Seems like a long time for that evil a character to remain alive vs the group. Guess we'll see. He is one baaaadd Motherfucker though!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I prefer episodes to tell more focused stories. Jumping around is a worse approach. It keeps the momentum. Their best episodes tend to be the concentrated ones. Its far easier for production...they can make multiple episodes at once and its far easier on the cast to only be in one episode 2 a lot then not be in another until episode 5. The comics suffer at times having 7 different plots sharing a 30 page issue.

Merlin, get used to Negan.

Comics spoiler for latest issue
    Spoiler:
    RIP Lucille

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 151 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast