Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 151 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I hope Glenn, Maggie, and the rest of their group didn't eat too much. I wonder if that ritual of feeding the people that arrive is some test for keepers or if they just want to say "don't judge us. You ate people too and even asked for seconds."
    Gotta put more meat on them bones I suppose. Plus, they have to have a very particular way to slaughter folks. Maybe a quick beheading and into the freezer?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Feeding them up doesn't make sense because if you have enough food to feed your captives then you had enough food to feed yourself and didn't need cannibalism to start with. Even if you say they are only feeding them meat that is still pointless because the new captives will not turn all of the feed into more muscle mass so you would be losing more than you gain. For example, my brother used to capture hogs and feed them up to sell for meat. It was a losing deal because they ate more than they gained. (And yes I realize I just went to a weird place talking about people as a food source.)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Feeding them up doesn't make sense because if you have enough food to feed your captives then you had enough food to feed yourself and didn't need cannibalism to start with. Even if you say they are only feeding them meat that is still pointless because the new captives will not turn all of the feed into more muscle mass so you would be losing more than you gain. For example, my brother used to capture hogs and feed them up to sell for meat. It was a losing deal because they ate more than they gained. (And yes I realize I just went to a weird place talking about people as a food source.)
    Well, you can scratch me off any potential guest list for a BBQ at your house!! LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cannibalism wouldn't work all too well I don't think. I know they had some power with the radio for broadcasting but at the same time I doubt they have such a long term power source for refrigeration and they would need their own food/water to feed them to keep them alive until they planned to eat them. I wouldn't mind some sort of cannibal plotline but it feels a little contrived. In the storyline it's been how long since the outbreak happened? Two years or so? Seems like it might take a lot longer than that for ordinary people to develop into sophisticated cult of cannibals but if it's done right I don't care that much, just seems like a sort of story that could work better a few more years down the line.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Besides the normal social and mental implications of resorting to cannibalism, there are real heath issues that could develop, such as a disease called Kuru. Kuru is a disease that can be found in people that consume human meat. Check out the film We Are What We are.

Also, am I the only one that found the flashback to the prison pointless? I know they were trying to reflect on a more peaceful time, if there is such a thing in a zombie apocalypse. I just thought it broke up some of the more intense scenes with more monotonous rehashing. Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I'll probably be the first to say it, but that was another very boring season finale. After the way these last few episodes had been going, I was expecting something big, or at least to the level those episodes were at. But last night was just blah. Since others have already said it, I'm pretty sure they're going with the cannibalism theme. It could definitely be intriguing, but I do wish it was more like in the comics. To me that would be more believable than this big elaborate sophisticated settlement. Also I heard mentioned on the radio, that the woman who welcomed Glenn, Maggie, and gang into Terminus was wearing Beth's sweater? I didn't pick up on that when watching it. Personally I don't think she's there, so I was wondering if it was true.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

"The people who join us become part of us." Uh huh.

Well, that episode is the swan song for the show, as far as I'm concerned. I deleted it from my DVR series.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    "The people who join us become part of us." Uh huh.

Well, that episode is the swan song for the show, as far as I'm concerned. I deleted it from my DVR series.
    Really, Bev? Sounds pretty drastic, especially since I thought the show redeemed itself this year with some of the more character driven episodes. Unless you disagree. Are you just done watching it, or are you just not going to go out of your way to watch it?

I didn't think it was a bad episode at all. I thought the showdown between Rick and his crew Vs. Daryl's new crew was pretty great. Although I would have liked to see Daryl get in on some of the action. I don't like how they were so easily sneaked up on. I just don't think that would happen.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm done watching it. Kaput. Finito. Done! I don't care about any of the characters.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While the flashback slowed the action, I think it did a good job of showing that Rick and Co. have officially given up on playing nice like Hershel wanted and are going to do whatever it takes to survive no matter how cruel.

Something that bothered me a little was how none of them were hurt in the fight with the marauders. If they have you in that situation, it is unbelievable to expect to come out unscathed. Rick and Michonne are basically superheroes now so why not be confident even though you are trapped by a bunch of cannibals.

Other than that, I thought it was a good cliffhanger season finale.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I liked the season finale. Overall, I've liked this season. I think it was definitely better than last season.

A few things I wanted to point out:

Finally, someone learned something from a zombie. Go, Rick!
    Creepy culty candle room at Terminus was a little over the top. I mean, come on.
    Maybe they'll do like that creepy house did in The Road, and they'll just slowly chop off body parts and eat them ...
    Spoiler:
    kind of like Dale in the comics.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While the flashback slowed the action, I think it did a good job of showing that Rick and Co. have officially given up on playing nice like Hershel wanted and are going to do whatever it takes to survive no matter how cruel.

Something that bothered me a little was how none of them were hurt in the fight with the marauders. If they have you in that situation, it is unbelievable to expect to come out unscathed. Rick and Michonne are basically superheroes now so why not be confident even though you are trapped by a bunch of cannibals.

Other than that, I thought it was a good cliffhanger season finale.
    I respect that, Bev. I for one will miss you opinions in this thread.

Rube, they didn't need the flashbacks to portray that. It felt like filler to me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Besides the normal social and mental implications of resorting to cannibalism, there are real heath issues that could develop, such as a disease called Kuru. Kuru is a disease that can be found in people that consume human meat. Check out the film We Are What We are.

Also, am I the only one that found the flashback to the prison pointless? I know they were trying to reflect on a more peaceful time, if there is such a thing in a zombie apocalypse. I just thought it broke up some of the more intense scenes with more monotonous rehashing. Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of it.
    I'm with you on the "Flashbacks", SS!! I watched it with my daughter (She's 26 and loves scary movies) and we both mentioned that it seemed inappropriate especially for a season finale.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, there was that scene at the end when they are in the storage container. It's really tense and boiling over with emotion and then BAM!! we are back in the prison. Totally takes you out of the moment. Literally.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Agreed. The pacing of this episode compared to this last half set was very different. It kinda took me out of the story again.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it but feel it would have been better suited as a mid season finale.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the flashback sequences. Was good to see a few more scenes with Hershel and it brought the season full circle since it was all about the loss of the life they'd built for themselves, but that life wasn't so much about security or stability but keeping some notion of their prior humanity together. That's really what this season was about, the group losing their prior humanity and the choices and sacrifices that need to be made now are not choices that ever could have been made before and whether they like it or not they have to lose their humanity in this season; staying alive, protecting the people they love isn't something that can be talked through anymore. Best season of the show so far so I'm expecting good things from next season. I'm curious on what role Carol and Tyrese will play since they were the only ones heading to Terminus who wasn't in the container. I am hoping they don't rush Beth's return and they kind of let us forget about her so her return will be that much more impactful. I wonder if Terminus will be a couple episode arc to start the next season and perhaps they will head to Washington after? There is a close up of the Capital Building on a coin that Darryl picked up at the golf club and I would love a change of setting, to see more of the world that is now overrun. Seeing some landmarks crawling with zombies would be awesome.

Too add, the flashbacks were also fitting because Hershel was Rick's moral compass for much of the show, the guy he relied on to keep on a more righteous and humane path because he was the one who refused to give up his humanity (he was the one Rick wanted to talk him out of handing over Michonne in S3). With Hershel gone Rick has no one to balance out his scale anymore and enough weight has been thrown on there since Hershel's death he seems he's in full blown 'Kill em' all!' mode...if it's got two legs and is moving Rick's gonna shot it in the face. Rick has joined Jack Bauer (pretty damn elite list to be honest) of guys to rip out a guys juggular with his teeth; Bauer is still the bigger bad ass because he was handcuffed at the time.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well I'll probably be the first to say it, but that was another very boring season finale. After the way these last few episodes had been going, I was expecting something big, or at least to the level those episodes were at. But last night was just blah. Since others have already said it, I'm pretty sure they're going with the cannibalism theme. It could definitely be intriguing, but I do wish it was more like in the comics. To me that would be more believable than this big elaborate sophisticated settlement. Also I heard mentioned on the radio, that the woman who welcomed Glenn, Maggie, and gang into Terminus was wearing Beth's sweater? I didn't pick up on that when watching it. Personally I don't think she's there, so I was wondering if it was true.
    I was expecting a very low key finale after that explosive mid-season finale, something to set up season five and it's what we got. It made sense the finale would pretty much be everyone getting back together more or less. There wasn't really any seeds planted for anything else.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I liked the flashback sequences.
    Shocking. In other news, the sky is blue and the grass is green.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good finale. Loved the foreshadowing with the rabbit trap. Loved the final line.

For everyone that read the comics, even though the situation, location, and characters have changed, you all know where this is going, right? lol

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Very good finale. Loved the foreshadowing with the rabbit trap. Loved the final line.

For everyone that read the comics, even though the situation, location, and characters have changed, you all know where this is going, right? lol
    I have not but know a little... I thought the episode was amazing! ANother reason I love this show....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I liked the flashback...good to see Scott Wilson again, and i liked the contrast it gave to how shitty things have gotten.

This season has had some highs and lows, but I'm still in and looking forward to the next season.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been undecided if I even want to watch that trailer. It's just over two months until it's on and I think I want to go in blind if I can...but season four was so good I've been waiting for season five more than any oher season so it's hard not to click on it lol

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot wait!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 151 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast