Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Really? I loved crazy Governor. And yes he was just simply crazy, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

I do agree about Negan though. He is the ultimate bad guy.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Whoever told you Negan is a heartless monster doesn't get his character. He doesn't ' make the governor look like a girl scout' as I've heard...governor was psychotic, Negan isn't. He's a very layered and interesting character.
    Nobody told me that. That's just what I've gathered. So is he or is he not some brutal tyrant? Set this straight for me before I start judging his TV show character. I have a ways to go in the books.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Whoever told you Negan is a heartless monster doesn't get his character. He doesn't ' make the governor look like a girl scout' as I've heard...governor was psychotic, Negan isn't. He's a very layered and interesting character.
    Nobody told me that. That's just what I've gathered. So is he or is he not some brutal tyrant? Set this straight for me before I start judging his TV show character. I have a ways to go in the books.
    The best way to describe him is brutal yet reasonable. Pretty sure Jesus says he's reasonable in the show. He wants people working for him under his thumb, but in many ways he's like Rick.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, last chance to get your vote in for the person who bites it tonight.

Who's Going to Die Tally

Serve - Abraham
    Matt - Daryl (People will riot because he's so beloved)
    Sai Sheb - Eugene (People will riot because nobody gives a shit about him)
    Feev - Maggie
    Heather - Daryl/Maggie
    Webster - Maggie
    Lurker - Abraham/Glenn (2 run home run )
    ICry4Oy - Every character on the show including that gay guy that they showed once last year.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just to be clear - I'm going for both, not an either or.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Just to be clear - I'm going for both, not an either or.
    Thank you for clearing that up. I've made the note official.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No surprises here. The script detailing Abraham and Glenn's death was leaked online weeks ago.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, for those who don't go searching for spoilers or haven't read the comics I'm sure people will still be plenty surprised. This was a case where predictability and sticking the source material wasn't a bad thing. I actually really like the fact that Darryl was shot for being a hothead and didn't learn his lesson...now that his hothead got Glenn killed, how will this affect him and his relationship with Maggie or even Carl or Rick? About time his character got a wrinkle. He hasn't grown much since season 2. I know people will complain about how the episode was structured, but the most important part was getting the brutality right and that they certainly did.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I went with the comic books and the fact just about every tv show nowadays kills off their main characters. Had no idea the script was online.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think that could have been handled much better. The scene later on in the show with Carl had much better drama in my opinion. They just went with the simple gross out and fillers to establish the season. I'm glad to be moving on because I don't think this did much except act as a lazy reset button for Rick v. However.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I enjoyed the episode and was glad that they killed off two people instead because I was not expecting that. And did the script really get leaked. If it did, they did a good job of not spreading it around, and it getting to social media. Would have been pissed if that happened.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I still think that could have been handled much better. The scene later on in the show with Carl had much better drama in my opinion. They just went with the simple gross out and fillers to establish the season. I'm glad to be moving on because I don't think this did much except act as a lazy reset button for Rick v. However.
    How is it lazy to stay true to source material? They got the brutality just right.

How is

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know the source material. It appeared lazy to me in regards to a television show. This show has good actors and a potential for better drama. They made a decision to go with the shock instead of the depth.

How is it lazy to stay true to source material? They got the brutality just right.

How is

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know the source material. It appeared lazy to me in regards to a television show. This show has good actors and a potential for better drama. They made a decision to go with the shock instead of the depth.

How is
    The depth comes after. This event reverberates through everything that comes after. The show didn't make the decision to go for shock as this was how the story was always supposed to go. To kill someone else would be going for shock. It's shocking fucking brutality serves a whole fuck ton of fucking purpose, as comic Negan would phrase it, and changes the very essence of what the story is. For those who say this show is the same thing over and over, this is the catalyst to the story changing. Everything that follows this in the story is simply awesome.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And did the script really get leaked. If it did, they did a good job of not spreading it around, and it getting to social media. Would have been pissed if that happened.
    It was, and they did.

Here is one of many online articles posted about the leaked script online:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.thebitbag.com/the-walking-dead-season-7-spoilers/192898/amp

There were also countless videos on YouTube, where people leaked info about it. Personally, I received details about the leaked script through my Facebook account.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

What the scene looked like in the comics for comparison:

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to make this after the hundreds of comments I've read about how the brutality and sadism was far too much for people to take.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay. Thanks for the info. Still not a big fan of how they did this. Maybe would have been better served to have this as a finale.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay. Thanks for the info. Still not a big fan of how they did this. Maybe would have been better served to have this as a finale.
    They were really in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, I think. If you end a season with this the impact of the death would have seven months to fizzle as opposed to carrying right into the following week. While the finale may not have been best for season 6, this premiere will be best for season 7.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Since most complaints are calling the scene 'torture porn', I made this

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the episode was one of the most difficult things I ever had to watch on tv. My wife had to leave the room when Glenn got it. Personally, I would have handled things slightly different. I would have ended last season with Abraham's death. That would have given the fans a sense of closure on the season. Then they could still have killed Glenn in this episode, catching many off guard. As viewers, we could have mourned each of the characters properly. I feel for Cudditz in that he will never truly get his due.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I thought the episode was one of the most difficult things I ever had to watch on tv. My wife had to leave the room when Glenn got it. Personally, I would have handled things slightly different. I would have ended last season with Abraham's death. That would have given the fans a sense of closure on the season. Then they could still have killed Glenn in this episode, catching many off guard. As viewers, we could have mourned each of the characters properly. I feel for Cudditz in that he will never truly get his due.
    This exactly! I wish they ended it with Abraham's death in the finale. It wouldn't have made the finale seem so stupid and ridiculous. And then they could have surprised us with Glenn's death, which I really don't think anyone would have seen coming.

Also Matt is right that this is a huge turning point for the story. I'm excited for what's going to come from this.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They were really in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, I think. If you end a season with this the impact of the death would have seven months to fizzle as opposed to carrying right into the following week. While the finale may not have been best for season 6, this premiere will be best for season 7.
    I still disagree, but we are just going to have to agree to disagree on that one. After Glenn got skulled, I was like, "You mother fuckers, you could have had your cake and eaten too." Which is exactly how Doc Zaius feels as well it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I would have ended last season with Abraham's death. That would have given the fans a sense of closure on the season. Then they could still have killed Glenn in this episode, catching many off guard. As viewers, we could have mourned each of the characters properly. I feel for Cudditz in that he will never truly get his due.
    As I stated above, my thoughts exactly. You could have killed Abraham at the end of last season. People would have talked about how brutal it was all summer and how the fuck Rick and company are going to get out of this one. We come back for this season and BOOOOOM Glenn eats it too, really shocking the hell out of everybody.

What this tells me, and I don't care what they say, is that they had no idea who they were killing at the time.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Talked about the show a lot today, so now I'll just keep it short, lol.

A) How great was Andrew Lincoln? You gotta understand, when they film these shows, it takes days/weeks to film the entirety of an episode. For him to be that RAW and shaken the entire time, it's fantastic.

B) Didn't read spoilers, thank god. I woulda killed someone.

C) I predicted Abraham, didn't even think about a double feature death, lol. When it was happening, and we realized he was going to bash someone else's head in, I thought it'd be the Hispanic chicka. GREAT misdirect on Glenn.

D) Glenn's death > Passion of the Christ in terms of straight brutality. Man oh man, and making him suffer for a little bit before he finished him off? Fuck.

E) The best scene was the Rick/Carl scene. I have the ability to put myself INTO a TV show or movie, and REALLY get invested in it, so I'm just thinking, "What if I were in that situation and I had to cut off Rose's arm?" And if you don't do it, he'll not only kill everyone, but ALSO kill the person whose arm you're supposed to cut off. My stomach was in knots, it was incredibly well done.

So on and so on. GREAT episode. As brutal as I'd hoped it would be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast