Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Foreign Language Proofs

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one is not a proof, but i am still quite proud of it!

A french review copy of CARRIE.
    How to recognise it? "SP" is punched on the backcover

I must be quite lucky, cause i managed to get 2 copies. I dont think that they are many more..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Then, my 2 proofs :

DUMA KEY & JUST AFTER SUNSET (called : Just before the dawn)

To finish, the following one is NOT my copy. it's a friend's... and is the only copy that i know. I am definitely looking for one, but i think that the odds i get one, are extremely thin..

BAG OF BONES, review copy. With the letter from King, that is also on the UK or US proof.

Then i have quite a few french review copies of misc King books, graphic novels... but all of those are just the finished book with a letter from the publisher... Nothing to be really excited about :-/

Hopefully i'll get a proof from UNDER THE DOME (march 2011)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great additions to the list, thanks. That also means that French ARCs go all the way back to Carrie! Interesting way of marking though, with the hole punches through the cover (if it was a stamp, it would be called a "perfin"). With any other book that would be a detractor, here you'd be looking for it!

Country
    Country Flag

I am sorry, i am not sure to understand you last sentence...?

(thanks though :-) )

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

With any normal book, physical damage of any sort to a cover would not be something that you would want; it would detract from the value. In this case, as the "SP" stands for Service Presse it is the only way to identify the book as an ARC and therefore is something that you would want to see.

Country
    Country Flag

yep exactly!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2011 for UNDER THE DOME???

That's too much! In spanish appeared last march!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What are the indicators that it's a proof/ARC?

It says so in the back of the cover, along with the "Not for sale"

How does proof/ARC translate in spanish?

"Galera de prueba"/"Galera de impresión"

Hardcover or softcover? (Looks like a softcover in the photo)

Softcover

Is that a cutout on the cover with a colored page underneath like in the US hardback, or printed colors?

Printed colors. In the second page you can see the final cover artwork of the book (no cutout)

Publisher?

Plaza & Janés
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ari! Master list updated.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    2011 for UNDER THE DOME???

That's too much! In spanish appeared last march!
    I know!

Oh, yeah i have a gift edition of the french RIDING THE BULLET. Was given away with a mag a week before its official publication date.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default German Black House Proof for Sale

All -

There's a German Black House (Das Schwarze Haus) proof up on eBay right now, closing October 17th. Opening bid is 1 euro (there are currently no bids) and shipping is 2 euros:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The seller will only ship here in Germany, but if anyone in is interested you can message me your high bid and I'll place it for you. If you win I'll get a quote from the P.O. and ship to you at cost, and you can pay me by PayPal. If I receive 10 messages, I'll only place the highest bid I get. I'll place the bid as close to end of auction as my schedule that day allows (may be 10 seconds, may be 8 hours).

I'll make my deadline for receiving bids midnight east coast time on the 17th (so 6 am on the 17th here). Remember it will be coming from an APO, so it'll probably take 7-10 days to get to you. My guess for postage to the states would be about $8~10.

George

Country
    Country Flag

[url=http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=559398&postcount=23]]

Country
    Country Flag

(can we post links on smileys? test = YES!)

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bezeten Stad (Salem's Lot) anniversary edition

Don't know in which catagory this one belongs.
    I think you would call it a proof.

It's the only dutch one known. A member of the Dutch SK-fanclub got it directly from the publisher.

The Dutch word for proof is "drukproef".

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Which book is it for?

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

For the illustrated edition of 'SALEM'S LOT. Great to finally see a picture of this one, Niels! Is this the one from Chrissy's collection?

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's from Chrissy's collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful!

John

Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE ONE !

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Niels. Is that a handwritten publisher's note in the last photo, or something else? Master list updated.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Friedhof der Kuscheltiere - Pet Sematary German Leseexemplar ARC
    Publisher Hoffmann & Campe - Just a small Leseexemplar sticker on the cover, BUT this book is a little bit smaller then the normal HC book.
    Like the other Hoffman & Campe Leeseexemplare IMPOSSIBLE to find.....

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's a handwitten note from the publisher.

The text says:
    "Dear Chrissy,

Hereby in advance the proof
    of Salem's Lot... ... ....
    Illustrations are not yet part of this proof.

With kind regards,
    <Unknown person>"

As you can see; the pictures were send separately.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just a totally irrelevant observation:
    If a King book is first published in the USA would the UK proof be considered foreign?
    If a King book is first published in the UK would the US proof be considered foreign?
    In the case of ES, are both the US and UK proofs considered foreign?

I know this thread is for foreign 'language' proofs, of course.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's simple for me (I'm really a simple kind of guy )--if it's not US or UK, it's a foreign proof. (I'm using language as the determinent).

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just a totally irrelevant observation:
    If a King book is first published in the USA would the UK proof be considered foreign?
    If a King book is first published in the UK would the US proof be considered foreign?
    In the case of ES, are both the US and UK proofs considered foreign?

I know this thread is for foreign 'language' proofs, of course.
    One of the old rules of book collecting is to "follow the flag." Meaning that for Stephen King the US proofs and trade editions are considered the firsts and most desirable. Then all books published outside of the US would be foreign.

You can argue one way or the other but most consider the author's home country to have published the first edition.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast