Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

No, I had to stop some place. Christine was the very first King book I read so it holds a special place for me. I basically could not afford to get The Shining and Pet Semetary so I only got The Shining. I am OK with that though. We can't get everything.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Just got an email from Cemetery Dance that there will be a new king book later this year called Revival. If anybody gets a heads up on any limited ed of this book, can they please let me know .

My Mood
    Cool

Or any notice on a limited Mr. Mercedes.
    Thanks

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I actually hope there are NO limiteds on either of them, but I know that won't happen. I have no common sense when it comes to book buying and I'll spend money I don't have to get them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

I know it's tough. If there are limited ed on both I may not get both, but I would not mind trying to get at least one. I always seem to miss the limited cut off point.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll hear about any Ltd editions here on the site almost as soon as they are announced, Mike. This place is great for stuff like that. Just log in regularly and you'll get the news.

My Mood
    Cool

Let me say that Dave at Betts is fantastic. Because of him, I was just able to finish "my" first ed collection. I bought a Carrie first ed, that looks to be in pretty nice shape, plus it is flat signed, and I bought a Salems' Lot with a 3rd state dust jacket. I know the Salems' Lot I bought is not the most desirable because it is the 3rd state correct dust jacket, but hey, it's still a first ed. Dave was nice enough to let me do a layaway plan for the books. So once I get them, that's it. I can do more special ed ones. It has taken me 8 years to finish off this part of my collection. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Let me say that Dave at Betts is fantastic. Because of him, I was just able to finish "my" first ed collection. I bought a Carrie first ed, that looks to be in pretty nice shape, plus it is flat signed, and I bought a Salems' Lot with a 3rd state dust jacket. I know the Salems' Lot I bought is not the most desirable because it is the 3rd state correct dust jacket, but hey, it's still a first ed. Dave was nice enough to let me do a layaway plan for the books. So once I get them, that's it. I can do more special ed ones. It has taken me 8 years to finish off this part of my collection. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Congrats Mike! A complete set of 1sts is my goal too and the only US one I need now is 'salem's Lot. I agonized over that one from Betts for a long time. In the end I passed because I knew one day I would have to replace it with the more desirable one (all my others are both 1st editions and 1st printings). That said, I am glad you have it and the temptation has been taken away from me!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. I think this is still a first ed first printing, it just has the corrected dust jacket. I wanted a 2nd state one, and I may get one down the line, but at least I have something now. I think a lot of people passed for the same reason you did. Plus getting the signed Carrie is also great. I don't have EVERY book he wrote. For ex, I don't have Rose Madder, or Dolores Clayborn, and a few others. I just bought the ones that I really wanted. But I am happy with my collection .

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go! Awesome news and glad you were able to complete your set. Please post photos when they arrive.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. It won't be for a few months but I will post pics when I can.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, it seems the third state dust jacket is more scarce than the second state one. Congratulations!

John

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Mike, it seems the third state dust jacket is more scarce than the second state one. Congratulations!

John
    You know John, TBH, I was thinking that it was. My thinking is this. We know they only made 20,000 first ed all together. We also know that about 5 or 6 survived the purge with the Original price and wrong name. Then we know that that they made them with the right price but still the wrong name. Who knows how long that went on before they realized that mistake and made it %100 correct. It is possible the they realized that really late and only did the third state at the very end of the run. I know people like the second state one because of the mistake. It's just like a football or baseball card. If it has a mistake, it could be worth more money. But again, I was doing the calculations in my head and I thought the same thing you did. Plus, I trust David and he feels the same thing I think. I am not upset it's not a 2nd state. "My" first ed collection is done. Now I can focus only on the limited ed ones that I want. I should have them in a few months.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I like my "Second State" copy purely for the mistake, but you are probably dead on right concerning the "Third State".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Personally, I like my "Second State" copy purely for the mistake, but you are probably dead on right concerning the "Third State".
    I like it because it is explicitly referenced in DT VI - Song of Susannah. I just think thats cool.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool

I was going for a second state but when the third state was there, plus the Carrie, I just couldn't pass the chance up on finishing my first ed collection. I am just doing the happy dance now because I have found the last two that I wanted.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:25 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

This has nothing to do with my collection but I just listened to an interview with the director of The Stand. He said they green lit a 4 movies to do it right. King seems totally on board. Production to start next year. You can go to Lijia's Library and find a link to it. It sounds like they are doing it right.

My Mood
    Cool

Guess what I got My first ed flat signed Carrie and my first ed 3rd state Carrie(I am fine with it being third state). Now I think I am done my first ed that I want.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's see them!!

My Mood
    Cool

Soon. I don't have access to a camera at this moment. But soon.

My Mood
    Cool

So I updated my list and added a few newer ones that I forgot to put on. So now that my first ed part of my collection ins done, I am going to start to save for some limited editions. Anybody have any ideas on what I should go for? If I can, I will try and take some pics that I have been lazy in doing. I am also halfway done the second part of Wizard and Rainbow. Slow and steady...
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:26 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So I updated my list and added a few newer ones that I forgot to put on. So now that my first ed part of my collection ins done, I am going to start to save for some limited editions. Anybody have any ideas on what I should go for? If I can, I will try and take some pics that I have been lazy in doing. I am also halfway done the second part of Wizard and Rainbow. Slow and steady...
    As someone who has recently moved on to the considerably more expensive path of collecting S/L's I hope I can provide a view

1. Be Patient, the best place to get good quality books at a reasonable price is on this site or from David @ Betts, but you have to check in regularly to get in on a deal!
    2. Try and save for the early S/L's -Yes they are the most expensive, but they are also the most special (IMHO) Compare UTD S/L with Firestarter - simply no contest!
    3. If (2) is out of the budget and you want to get some nice S/L's for a low price look for a Desperation or Black House both are priced way below the level of quality they are created with
    4. Be careful, once you start it's hard to stop!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    As someone who has recently moved on to the considerably more expensive path of collecting S/L's I hope I can provide a view

1. Be Patient, the best place to get good quality books at a reasonable price is on this site or from David @ Betts, but you have to check in regularly to get in on a deal!
    2. Try and save for the early S/L's -Yes they are the most expensive, but they are also the most special (IMHO) Compare UTD S/L with Firestarter - simply no contest!
    3. If (2) is out of the budget and you want to get some nice S/L's for a low price look for a Desperation or Black House both are priced way below the level of quality they are created with
    4. Be careful, once you start it's hard to stop!
    Thanks Goblin. I have no trouble at all taking my time and saving up. The Firestarter limited is on my list for sure. I am not into all of them. For ex, Cujo just doesn't do anything for me.
    But a lot of the others do. So on to the limited ones. Wish me luck . Oh, And I plan on dealing only with David at this point.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stroppy gives great advice. I agree with all of the recommendations, particularly once you start, it's hard to stop!!! Enjoy!

My Mood
    Cool

I may put it on the back burner(collecting King), but I never stop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast