Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 263 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 6555

Thread: Rock n Roll Song Game

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Genghis Khan- Iron Maiden
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You have the feather tomorrow, Jon as far as I am concerned. I would feel better if others chimed in their thoughts.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I really see no reason a "throw down" need be exclusive to a band.

A throw down can be:

A. Piano or keyboard songs as I suggested.

B. Protest songs

C. Songs with names in the title. (if we want to make it hard.)

D. Songs with a color in the title ( once again, hard...perhaps a new thread. but this is just one day.)

E. Songs from 1970 only (or whatever decade.)

F. Songs from David Coverdale ( or anyone who played in multi popular bands. Coverdale...Deep Purple and Whitesnake.)

I guess we can use our imaginations without getting too silly.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You have the feather tomorrow, Jon as far as I am concerned. I would feel better if others chimed in their thoughts.
    I would feel better if they did too. I will hold off. Consider my above post as well.

I don't see that I need a feather...just somebody go with it at their midnight. Hell...by MY midnight I will likely be wrestling around on the ground with a drunk teenager trying to get handcuffs on him...but enough about my sex life!

Thank you.

I'll be here all week.

Try the veal!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No Leaf Clover - Metallica

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm up for just about anything. However, since we are talking change perhaps, "small moves" are prudent at first and let it build momentum? One of my favorite concerts that I attended was the "Piano Men" tour of Billy Joel and Sir Elton John. I look forward to tomorrow as "Love lies bleeding in my hand"!!!!

Spoiler:
    As the thread starter, I thought a perk was to able to jump the gun!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Plus, with, RF's post I'm angling for 21,500 tonight!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL @ spoilers.

Games People Play - Alan Parsons Protect

"If I promised you the Moon and the stars would you believe it?"

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Your Song
    -Elton John

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

No one else in for the piano-centric throwdown?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So much for "Throwdown Thursday" so far!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I guess we have our answer about throw down Thursday.

Why be creative? We could just play the "person above you game" or "inside joke thread." or whatever lets us ignore folks.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owwww, I missed it! The throw down Thursday, that is. Damn this time difference
    Don't abandon the idea just yet, guys.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This is fun guys, I could do it for a long time, but I fear we are excluding many folks. I absolutely HATE when a group or clique dominates a given thread. It seems elitist, unfriendly and rude. I also love the diversity in this thread. I submit to you all that it is lost during such a "throw down."
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Thanks for playing. Thanks for sitting it out too!

The Metallica Throwdown is now...

Dead!
    - My Chemical Romance

I think that went rather well. Better than expected actually.

I do recognize the concern about excluding people.

I think that there are several bands that could lend themselves to an occasional throwdown. Many that would work even better than Metallica.

Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, etc.

I'll leave it to Bill to start the next one if he thinks it appropriate.
    I don't think you guys excluded anyone! I sat out for a couple of days because I'm just not too familiar with a lot of Metallica (without utilizing google), and I figured "What the hell, let them have fun for a few days with their Metallica streak, I'll pop back in there in a couple days and break up the fun when I'm ready to play again."

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post

Good ideas, fellas.
    What would y'all think of a designated day for posting throwdowns? I wont keep up with the post count...a throwdown Thursday or something would be easy to remember.
    I really see no reason a "throw down" need be exclusive to a band.

A throw down can be:

A. Piano or keyboard songs as I suggested.

B. Protest songs

C. Songs with names in the title. (if we want to make it hard.)

D. Songs with a color in the title ( once again, hard...perhaps a new thread. but this is just one day.)

E. Songs from 1970 only (or whatever decade.)

F. Songs from David Coverdale ( or anyone who played in multi popular bands. Coverdale...Deep Purple and Whitesnake.)

I guess we can use our imaginations without getting too silly.
    I would feel better if they did too. I will hold off. Consider my above post as well.

I don't see that I need a feather...just somebody go with it at their midnight. Hell...by MY midnight I will likely be wrestling around on the ground with a drunk teenager trying to get handcuffs on him...but enough about my sex life!

Thank you.

I'll be here all week.

Try the veal!
    Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Owwww, I missed it! The throw down Thursday, that is. Damn this time difference
    Don't abandon the idea just yet, guys.
    Yes! Throwdown Thursday sounds like a great idea! And I agree with there not really being a need for a feather. I say the feather should just go to whoever takes it first thing on Thursday. Plus, if someone doesn't wanna jump in on the game, they're only having to sit out a day of posting in here.
    I feel like we all get along pretty well in here, so I don't see any real possibility for debate or anything.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll do it again next, Thursday then. In the meantime, "Freddie Friday"?

We are the Champions - Queen

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Somebody to Love
    ~Queen

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

There are only two "E" Queen songs that I know of. This is one...

Execution of Flash
    - Queen

The other one sucks too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hammer To Fall
    - Queen
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon - Queen

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Need Your Loving Tonight
    - Queen

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tie your Mother down - Queen

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we appear to be on a roll of sorts, how about "Stoned Saturday" for the Rolling Stones when the time is upon us?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we appear to be on a roll of sorts, how about "Stoned Saturday" for the Rolling Stones when the time is upon us?
    Paint it Black
    ~Rolling Stones

Country
    Country Flag

Key to the Highway
    - The Rolling Stones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 263 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast