Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: starcraft 2!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Default starcraft 2!

I just picked up starcraft 2, havent even got to play it yet but I figured that I would make a thread where we can discuss it, when i get it active i'll post my battlenet id so anybody here can add me (A palaver member starcraft coalition would be badass!)
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

really? nobody on palaver picked up starcraft2?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Realising that few people aren't as crazy about something mega-awesome as you? Welcome to my world, flagg. I think of the amount of people who come on this board, only a small portion might be gamers. And an even smaller portion of those would be pc gamers. Now, of this category, I definitely consider myself applicable, but then there's the problem: of all us pc gamers, only a real small portion would have a decent enough pc to get Starcraft 2 working at all. A shame, but I just don't have any money to update my pc atm. Not just for starcraft, but for a ton of other awesome games, including Alan Wake!

Wish I could offer up some discussion on this, but I haven't even played Starcraft 1. Sorry, mate!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

meh

this thread can sit here and die then

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu42K4kPK8Q&feature=related"]YouTube- Hitlers Starcraft 2 Downfall[/ame]

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

How's StarCraft 2 been anyway, flagg? As good as you'd hoped? (Minus the LAN play of course, from what I can gather from Hitler's rantings! )

- Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I used to play SC original on-line quite a bit (Almost 5,000 wins) and then stopped for the most part. Now I only go on occasionally so my skills have lapsed. (Merlin [ik])

However, I've been hearing alot about how cool SC2 is gonna be so I'd be interested in a review.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

My bf had been talking to me about StarCraft 2 non-stop for months, and now that he bought it, it's even worse! Lol. I don't mind because I'd like to get into it, too, but like Feev said, my PC couldn't handle it. I mean, it crashes when I have more than one video loading on YouTube.
    If I get a Mac for free, which is actually more likely than you'd think, I might buy SC2 and let you know.
    If not, I think I'll get into Diablo II.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    I don't mind because I'd like to get into it, too, but like Feev said, my PC couldn't handle it.
    I knew I shouldn't have done what everyone else did and changed my theme to Inception, even if I have shoved in a quote from my favourite show!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I don't mind because I'd like to get into it, too, but like Feev said, my PC couldn't handle it.
    I knew I shouldn't have done what everyone else did and changed my theme to Inception, even if I have shoved in a quote from my favourite show!
    AY, CHICO!!!
    I'M SORRY! *hug*

My Mood
    Yeehaw

AY, CHICO!!!
    I'M SORRY! *hug*
    Don't worry about it, I've had worse mistakes. My mum keeps mistaking me for her parrot, after all.

The worst thing is, I'm not even joking!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

That must be a fucking awesome parrot, then.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's so awesome that when it divebombs us, I keep trying to headbutt it whilst my brother keeps trying to punch it. The only reason my mum makes the mistake with our names is that "James" and "George" are very, very similar!

Still, why she had to get a parrot called "George" is beyond me!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

How are James and George similar?!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...there's a "ja" sound at the beginning?

Do you think this discussion has gone a little bit too off-topic?

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking exactly the same thing before I posted my previous comment. Lol.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Still, if every discussion remained entirely on topic, where would the fun be?

But, for the sake of topic...ness, I'm gonna try and move this away from mistaken identities and parrots (there's one to include in the Everyday Quotes thread) and ask a question for serious PC gamers: out of Blizzard's two major game labels with the word "Craft" in the title, well, it's clear that a lot of you love StarCraft, but then, it's also clear that a lot of you love WarCraft, too, but my question is this: which is better?

There's only one way to find out:

Spoiler:
    FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH T!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDE!

Spoiler:
    I don't play WoW.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Spoiler:
    Neither do I, I just like the South Park ep!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

We need a "Like" button here like on FB.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hell yeah! If we had a like button, I would like your post about needing a like button...but then if we had a like button in the first place then there wouldn't be a post necessary for you to post needing a like button in order for me to like it and...

...and I need to just stop watching films and tv shows written by Christopher Nolan and Steven Moffat. They're awesome, and they're clever, but they keep fucking with my head and turning my thoughts in theories regarding paradoxes, dreams within dreams, and wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff!

- Melike

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Still, if every discussion remained entirely on topic, where would the fun be?

But, for the sake of topic...ness, I'm gonna try and move this away from mistaken identities and parrots (there's one to include in the Everyday Quotes thread) and ask a question for serious PC gamers: out of Blizzard's two major game labels with the word "Craft" in the title, well, it's clear that a lot of you love StarCraft, but then, it's also clear that a lot of you love WarCraft, too, but my question is this: which is better?

There's only one way to find out:

Spoiler:
    FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH T!
    starcraft 1/broodwar is equal with warcraft 3 but since starcraft 2 is still an RTS and WoW is an mmorpg it's like comparing apples to umm something that's not apples

and it's been good, the first game's campaign mode is all terran (29 missions) and the other two games will do the same for zerg then protoss

havent played the online mode yet cause i'm having technical difficulties downloading the client to hook me into battlenet, but i'll get there

Country
    Country Flag

I have the sudden urge to re-read Catch-22.
    And that's the last off-topic comment I'm going to post!

Hey, flagg, how long does it usually take for someone to get the hang of StarCraft? I'm usually doing a bunch of things when my Mr. talks to me about it, but when I saw him play, there were just little dudes walking around making machines.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Well even if one isn't familiar with basic RTS play (of which starcraft was a major inovator) it's fairly simple to get an initial grip on, you harvest resources, build units and buildings and then start learning how everything works within the game
    honestly I think starcraft 1 had much better tutorial missions than the new one but that's a rather nonexistent quibble really

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have the sudden urge to re-read Catch-22.
    And that's the last off-topic comment I'm going to post!

Hey, flagg, how long does it usually take for someone to get the hang of StarCraft? I'm usually doing a bunch of things when my Mr. talks to me about it, but when I saw him play, there were just little dudes walking around making machines.
    When i'm playing any shooter my wife says she doesn't understand the fun in killing a bunch of dudes all the time

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

starcraft is about much more than just shootin bad guys, the story is massive and engrossing, fans of it honestly care about what happens to raynor and zeratul and kerrigan