Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: herbertwest

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are all the french variations of RAGE. I already have a mass paperback and a first edition, but not all the variations. Dont think i'll keep them all as I dont collect every single variations and need some cash, but then, i have the entire set, so...

The white covers are dustjackets, and under them is pretty much the bottom middle cover, with the name of the publisher (the one without is a BoMC edition).

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice cover shots. I'd keep the collection together myself...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great photo. I've got the one n the bottom of the photo from a cheap purchase from a local bookstore. Probably the only copy of Rage I will have for a while.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

THANK YOU for the post. I like the top right two.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Want them?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Just arrived : today, the french publisher released their version of FINDERS KEEPERS, and I got both a proof ("reserved for the press & bookstores") as well as the final book

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite author after King, the french Bernard Werber, have just put a picture on Facebook about something interesting.

He is currently in Korea, and will contribute at a conference : ASIA TOMORROW INNOVATION 4.0, in which are also contributing : the former german president Schroeder, the current indonesian president, the iranian vice president, the current economy minister of japan, George W Bush, the chinese minister of finance, Tony Blair's wife, the current korean president...
    Aint that an interesting conference??

>>> http://www.alcchosun.com/

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing fancy. Just something I never heard about.

Sometimes, when I have some spare time, I go to some websites and check the 40 pages or so of auctions & ads related to Stephen King.
    Most of the time, it's just a waste of time. And some other time, you get lucky and accidently discover some item you never heard about.

That was the case last weekend when an auction listed Stephen King in a (french) magazine from 1986, and was mentionning an essay written by King.
    I ordered it, and it's true. It's a translation of the introduction to JimThompson's NOW AND ON EARTH

Country
    Country Flag

My second favorite author is Bernard Werber, a french author that is literally considered as a superstar in Korea & Russia (only his first book has been translated in english, as EMPIRE OF THE ANTS. As a side note, while King was in front of 2500 people in France, the same evening he was in front of 10,000 in korea).

I personally know that author since about a decade, after meeting him in a signing and presenting my research about his work, which I am trying to turn into a book.
    I know that he regularly invite some friends over on sundays for talking and playing a game (a werewolf card game, where villagers are trying to find out who are the werewolves decimating the village : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_We...Millers_Hollow ) and today was the first time I was actually invited to take part of it.

Before other people arrived, he gave me a copy of his next book to be published (in a month), as a proof copy (which he signed) & a final copy.
    His next book is titled DEMAIN LES CHATS (lit : TOMORROW THE CATS)

At the end of the afternoon, we chatted a bit more, and he invited me to his other flat to get a couple of more proofs he forgot to give me and chatted some more (including about King).

He asked me if I needed any other books, and I replied/made the mistake of mentionning I started collecting EMPIRE OF THE ANTS in foreign languages. At that point, he started handing me over many books in different languages (he was also pleased to clear out a bit of space).
    So instead of leaving with only 3-4 books, I actually left with an entire boxful off books and 4-5 extra proofs I already had!
    Oh, and I guess that my foreign collection will not solely focus on 1 specific book anymore.
    I actually need to sort that box I had to carry for 1h in the metro. I didn't take a good picture, but i'd say there is about 20 books...

On top of that, he also handed me that one :

A printed version of his previous book, with his working title (as printed : the kingdom of dreams, which would become "THE SIXTH SLEEP")... so a version of a book BEFORE even the proof! Told me that he probably got it back from the person to whom he dedicated the book.
    So, for me, this one is quite a gem!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice new books Jeremy..... CONGRATS !!!
    (Think i must start to buy+read the books from Bernard Werber.... German ARC´s first)

Country
    Country Flag

I'd agree !

Country
    Country Flag

THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS got released on wednesday in France.

I was a bit worried that I wouldnt get a proof, because my contact told me in september she was going to send one. Never recieved it, and when I contacted her back I noticed that she left the company (she was doin an internship).
    Worried that I would get a hole in my french proof collection, I contacted some previous contact, and now I got it as well as the final copy

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, nice one

Country
    Country Flag

Slippery rope for my collection : not too long ago, I was offered a "journalist" copy of a french King book. Exactly the same than the Proof copy I got, except that "Proof copy" was hidden by having a random/arty picture glued on the cover.

I've been offered a similar one for the french version of THE BAZAAR. It's not a lot of money (basically the price of the finished book) so i'll take it, but man, this is a sloppery rope if i have to hunt them down now! I already dont have THAT MUCH space left in my bookshelves!

Dont know if i'll try to get others as well, if offered for sale.
    I bet that you guys would though! Most of you hunt down multiple variants, including printing variants sometimes! But having the same proof with a random picture glued on?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS got released on wednesday in France.

I was a bit worried that I wouldnt get a proof, because my contact told me in september she was going to send one. Never recieved it, and when I contacted her back I noticed that she left the company (she was doin an internship).
    Worried that I would get a hole in my french proof collection, I contacted some previous contact, and now I got it as well as the final copy

And here is the "journalist" edition....

The only other King french "journalist" edition I have is JOYLAND I got a few months ago by the same provider. I never heard of those before...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jeremy!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas everybody !

Among my gifts was this figurine of Stephen King / Pennywise, that my wife ordered from Stefcomics , a friend of mine that did some figurines for me in the past (cf my collection thread)
    >>> http://stefcomics.blogspot.fr/

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jeremy, CONGRATS !!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jeremy. That is very cool. Congratulations.

Merry Christmas.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add, Jeremy!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great gift! Big congrats!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast