Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    I hsve been watching Deadwood and Wild Bill Hickock makes me think of Jonas. i think it's the long hair.
    Jonas MUST be Sam Elliott.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Doe View Post
    Er what?
    What's your question, exactly?
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Along the Path of the Beam Doe is on a distinguished road Doe's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe View Post
    Er what?
    What's your question, exactly?
    Oh, Nevermind, My post about my choices for characters was deleted by a spam buster, whatever the heck that is. Does that happen often on here?

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one, have never had a post deleted, as far as I know.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doe: you should be able to see your post now. It wasn't deleted, only waiting for approval; now that you have more than 5 posts everything you post will appear immediately.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it was because you are new to the forum (posts by new members require approval by the moderators), but as Jean (The Tenant) said, you are all set now.
    This is where this rule is described: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=6648
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

Ah okay, thats fair enough Anyway sorry for the derailment!

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with what seems like a majority...
    Viggo Mortensen-Roland
    I would love to see Thomas Dekker as young Roland
    Kandyse McClure- Susannah
    Neal McDonough- Man in Black
    Kevin Durand- Tick Tock man

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

What about Whoopi Goldberg as Susannah?

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom Hanks as Roland, Arnold Schwartinager for MIB.

Country
    Country Flag

It would ruin the hell out of it for me if they used a typical holywood style, pretty person cast.

Roland played by Leo Dicaprio, Eddie by someone younger and stupider like Ryan Reynolds...No idea about anyone else...Beyonce as Suze maybe.

Traveler JacobChambers is on a distinguished road

Default Casting Call

I think it has to be Clint...i know he's old...but they can do amazing things with CGI.

If not him, i vote Viggo.

Other than that i think Rosario Dawson would be an AMAZING Suz

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JacobChambers View Post
    I think it has to be Clint...i know he's old...but they can do amazing things with CGI.

If not him, i vote Viggo.

Other than that i think Rosario Dawson would be an AMAZING Suz
    I'm all for Viggo.

Traveler TheJellyTouch is on a distinguished road

Been thinking about this for awhile. I don't know how many of you have watched the first season of Haven just end recently on Syfy but Lucas Bryant who plays Nathan would be an awesome choice for Roland. Even his character in Haven if fairly quiet and stoic, but troubled [err haha]. Anyway, I think he's in his 30s and could easily be tweaked a little bit to looked more weathered as Roland could.

He's my pick!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1674903/

end of haven spoiler:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt6cG51WAT4&feature=related"]YouTube - N/A 1X13 "Your the one person that I can absolutely trust"[/ame]

John F. Kennedy lonely_cube is on a distinguished road

I'm sure most of these have been mentioned, but:

Brandon Frasier as Roland
    Steve Carell as Eddie
    Queen Latifah as Susannah
    Some random kid nobody's heard of as Jake

This originated when one of my friends realized people kept making bad movies based on great books, starring Brandon Frasier. Inkheart? Good book, awful movie, Brandon Frasier. Journey to the Center of the Earth? Same thing.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default I can't believe King turned down Frank Darabont for the Dark Tower movie

“Frank did come to me, and I know Frank from before either one of us had a pot to piss in. Frank said, ‘Gee, I’d like to do Dark Tower.’ I said, ‘Frank, give me a break! You’ve got The Mist, The Monkey. You’ve got the prison stories. … Stop putting so much on your plate!’"

http://www.slashfilm.com/stephen-kin...k-tower-movie/

Really, King? Really? What the hell were you smoking when you turned Darabont down? You better hope that Ron Howard does a PERFECT job with this TV show/movie combo or else I'm putting the blame directly on you.

If I would trust *anyone* with DT it would be Darabont. The man's directed and written three of King's most well-received adaptations, and after I saw The Mist, I thought to myself "Man, if anyone were to do The Dark Tower, it should be this guy."

Darabont would have given us gold, and King turned him down. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

Seriously, this has to be one King's most boneheaded decisions right after Mordred.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you typed up there, Cyber.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

He turned Darabont DOWN? I thought DARABONT was the one who didn't want to do it because it was too huge of a project....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mist is easily one of my favorite SK works. I would go so far as to say my very favorite. I wasn't thrilled with the ending of the Mist in the movie... at all. He did a great job with the Shawshank Redemption, but that's a different type of movie entirely.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King turns down Frank Darabont, just about the only director who doesn't eff up King adaptations, but gives the greenlight to Ron Howard? WTF?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

eh..FU King

Doesnt make much sense to me this, I agree with the OP!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    King turns down Frank Darabont, just about the only director who doesn't eff up King adaptations, but gives the greenlight to Ron Howard? WTF?
    Why not Ron Howard? Rob Reiner did a great job directing Stand By Me and Misery. I don't blame SK for not wishing to put all his eggs in one basket.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    ...Really, King? Really? What the hell were you smoking when you turned Darabont down? You better hope that Ron Howard does a PERFECT job with this TV show/movie combo or else I'm putting the blame directly on you....
    Sounds fair.

Traveler Brimania is on a distinguished road

OK, so I have not been all that blown away by any SK writing turned movie. I don't know, maybe I'm too fickle. Please let God intervene. David Lynch to cover the Gunslinger. Ron Howard is cool and all, but I think he would be better for Wolves, or maybe Wizard. I know that they will not be covering the series in exactly this way, but....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With the exception of "The Shining" (which was actually a long time ago) I don't think King really cares too much about the Movie adaptations of his books. I don't mean that as a slam either. Of course he loves the $$$, but I think he's more concerned over the literary quality and so forth than any legacy he may have in Hollywood. Why else would he keep letting Tinseltown fuck up his masterpieces time and again? If he really cared, he'd write the damn screenplays, although that may not actually be his forte'.

As far as turning King works into films goes I feel that generally he is his own worst enemy in that his books contain so much character thought and development (if that's the right way to put it) that it can never really be translated to the silver screen. Stephen King was meant to be "Read", period. Coincidentally, "The Shining" and it's 2 adaptations are a classic example.

Know what I mean?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Why not Ron Howard? Rob Reiner did a great job directing Stand By Me and Misery. I don't blame SK for not wishing to put all his eggs in one basket.
    Many of the "good" Stephen King films (I.E. the ones that aren't considered B-movies) have been the ones with little elements of the supernatural or at the very least nothing over the top in terms of monsters or something "out there".

With The Mist, Darabont showed he had the chops to tackle one of King's more outlandish ideas--giant monsters from another dimension attacking a supermarket(!)--and made a great film that satisfied most of the fans as well as pleasing the critics. In anyone else's hands it could have been another Mick Garris shlockfest but Darabont went above and beyond. IMO, The Mist is the DEFINITIVE Stephen King film.

Darabont would have been perfect for The Dark Tower. He was willing to do it. And King turned him down.

And frankly, Howard's idea--splitting the series into a CBS television series and a couple of movies--sounds like he's asking for a disaster to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Sounds fair.
    Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but yes, it will be King's fault. Because he had a director at his disposal who offered his services to him, a director who would have undoubtedly done a fantastic job, and he turned him down.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast