Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Justin Cronin Spoilers!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Saw this on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Passage-...item2323d75672) Not sure if this is an ARC or was released after the hardcover edition but I haven't seen one before.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I'm disappointed about the slipcase too but I am still looking forward to getting my copy.
    Have a custom wooden case made by "Dolso" dude!!! He does absolutely AWESOME stuff with a case!!! Ask anyone!!!

https://www.bookslipcase.com/Home.html
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm disappointed about the slipcase too but I am still looking forward to getting my copy.
    Have a custom wooden case made by "Dolso" dude!!! He does absolutely AWESOME stuff with a case!!! Ask anyone!!!

I'd be down for a case specifically made for that edition for sure. Not sure about wood, but maybe if it was done right. I'd be concerned about the cost though. CD charges $30 for most of their slipcases and $50 for most of their traycases and I'd buy either of those options in a heartbeat.

Although maybe they will come with a slipcase, and they just forgot to include that info on the website

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

I'd be down for a case specifically made for that edition for sure. Not sure about wood, but maybe if it was done right. I'd be concerned about the cost though. CD charges $30 for most of their slipcases and $50 for most of their traycases and I'd buy either of those options in a heartbeat.

Although maybe they will come with a slipcase, and they just forgot to include that info on the website
    True, a Dolso case will run you a $100 or so, but you cannot beat the quality and craftsmanship IMHO!!!!!! In the long run, you will not regret the extra bucks!!! Trust me!!! Look at this!!!

For example!!! And I suck at taking pics!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I'd go for a dolso as well but I'd rather have the case match the one they (Goldsboro) did for the passage or I could order two dolso cases...

I emailed Goldsboro a while back and they said no slipcase but it could change.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!!

True, a Dolso case will run you a $100 or so, but you cannot beat the quality and craftsmanship IMHO!!!!!! In the long run, you will not regret the extra bucks!!! Trust me!!! Look at this!!!

a truer statement there has never been!!!
    We need to clone Dolso
    There just isnt this kind of craftsman ship nowadays.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!!

a truer statement there has never been!!!
    We need to clone Dolso
    There just isnt this kind of craftsman ship nowadays.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I extoll Dolso's work often, but what is really cool about him is that not only is he a master craftsman, but he has a "collectors" imagination & sense!!! Now that is a rare combination!!!
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 01-15-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Does anybody knows when goldsboro wants to ship the goldedition of twelve...? I just cant find my order to look if there is additional information about this??? THX

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Does anybody knows when goldsboro wants to ship the goldedition of twelve...? I just cant find my order to look if there is additional information about this??? THX
    The publication date is 10/25, so I'm sure it will be around that time

Country
    Country Flag

The generally ship things the day of release although I have received a couple things early because they were signed ahead of release. Early for me would be release date or close to it as it takes two weeks or so for a book to reach me in Arizona from London.

EDIT: I looked at my order and it doesn't say anything about shipping.

Country
    Country Flag

I do wish the kept the limitation at 250 instead of raising it to 500. Here is quote from the newsletter from May:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsboro Books
    The Twelve by Justin Cronin Exclusive 250 Numbered Edition with bronzed page edges.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

The generally ship things the day of release although I have received a couple things early because they were signed ahead of release. Early for me would be release date or close to it as it takes two weeks or so for a book to reach me in Arizona from London.

EDIT: I looked at my order and it doesn't say anything about shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    The publication date is 10/25, so I'm sure it will be around that time

Thanks...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Twelve and really enjoyed it. Not as much as The Passage (which is hard to beat!) but definitely a great, exciting read. I really like how
    Spoiler:
    Amy and Wolgast's relationship was still relevant and had some closure. And Amy's a viral now?! I don't know what to think about that. An unexpected turn for sure, so I'm wondering how that's going to affect things. But I'm a little confused; how is she a viral now? That's one thing that I didn't really understand. The only thing I can come up with is maybe it was just a matter of time before it happened (a result of her experimentation in the Chalet?)

And can one of the mods. possibly change the thread title from "Justin Cronin The Passage", to "Justin Cronin - The Passage Trilogy"? Just thought it would be better so the thread can encompass discussion for all three books.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just finished The Twelve and really enjoyed it. Not as much as The Passage (which is hard to beat!) but definitely a great, exciting read. I really like how
    Spoiler:
    Amy and Wolgast's relationship was still relevant and had some closure. And Amy's a viral now?! I don't know what to think about that. An unexpected turn for sure, so I'm wondering how that's going to affect things. But I'm a little confused; how is she a viral now? That's one thing that I didn't really understand. The only thing I can come up with is maybe it was just a matter of time before it happened (a result of her experimentation in the Chalet?)

And can one of the mods. possibly change the thread title from "Justin Cronin The Passage", to "Justin Cronin - The Passage Trilogy"? Just thought it would be better so the thread can encompass discussion for all three books.
    Very good point!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I thought it was a delayed, albeit a long delay, reaction to the initial virus received. It has been a while since reading The Passage, but that was my impression.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Okay, thanks. That's the only explanation I could come up with as well. That would make sense, too, since Alicia had a 5-year delayed reaction to her viral bite.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally finished "The Twelve". I really enjoyed it. Are we discussing the book here as well? Or is there another thread I missed for that subject?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seems to be the thread for The Passage series.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This seems to be the thread for The Passage series.
    I know, but we don't have one for "The Twelve" do we???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If you start discussing the twelve, please use spoiler tags, cos I haven't read it yet.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    If you start discussing the twelve, please use spoiler tags, cos I haven't read it yet.
    Naturally, should a thread be started?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure if you started one, people would use it.

Country
    Country Flag

I know, but we don't have one for "The Twelve" do we???
    That's why I suggested changing this thread's title to "The Passage Trilogy" rather than just "The Passage" so it can encompass discussion all three books.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: "The Twelve" by Justin Cronin Discuss!!!! ***Spoilers!!

Thread for discussing the "Twelve". You enjoyed it? You didn't? Discuss....
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast