Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Did you like the Bag of Bones movie?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

9 60.00%
  • NO

6 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bag of Bones miniseries - December 11-12

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bag of Bones miniseries - December 11-12

From lilja :

Dread Central caught up with Mick Garris when he attended the "Never Sleep Again" signing event held this weekend at Dark Delicacies in Burbank.

Garris told them he'll be directing a four-hour miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's Bag of Bones which fans will be able to check out on network television sometime in 2011.

"Bag of Bones is something we tried to do as a feature for two or three years," Garris told them. "But the way features are now, if it's not about teenagers or a sequel or a remake, forget it. We wanted to do something much more adult and passionate than studios are making now. It's a ghost story for grown-ups. Television is the only place you can do that."

Production on Bag of Bones is set to begin in June in Alaska. Garris also added that they will hopefully be casting their lead this week so stay tuned.

Includes a video...

(I dont like that Lilja doesnt have a newsletter anymore... :-( there are so many ways to create one from the RSS feeds... )
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I saw that too. Should be great and something to look forward to. IMO Garris is a great choice for the Miniseries.

A bit off topic, but with all the DT movie news, wouldn't it be great if Hollywood just optioned the Marvel property instead of the books. Sort of a no harm, no foul. Plus it might end up being a precursor to a serious attempt at a Hollywood adaption of the books as a 7 flick franchise.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/447...s-filming-july

Another adaptation of a Stephen King tale is gearing up to go in front of cameras with Mick Garris at the helm, and we've got the first few details ready to rock for you right here. Dig it!

According to Sea and Be Scene, a mini-series based on Stephen King’s award-winning novel Bag of Bones will begin shooting in Nova Scotia July 6th, 2011, continuing through to August 31st, 2011.

The 'haunted vacation house' novel will be directed by Mick Garris, the writer/director on three previous Stephen King TV films including The Shining, The Stand and Desperation. Pre-poduction started today in the province.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not care for the King/Garris combination whatsoever.
    The book is one of my favorite King novels, and I dread to think of what Garris will do with it.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just the opposite here I like Garris A LOT and I'm waiting for his new mini-series based on King. Hope it will be as good as Shining which I love.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Mick really wasn't ready for this news to get out when I last talked to him, but I guess there's no unringing the bell now! Wish I could get up to NS -- my favorite part of the world.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I like Garris too and I accidentally stumbled upon an old show on YouTube, where Garris was the host, interviewing several prominent horror/suspense directors. Garris was the ideal host, showing a true passion not just about film making but of the horror genre as well. He would be great to sit and talk to and I can clearly see why people - King being one of them - enjoy working with him. He might not be the best director in the world but I do enjoy his King adaptations, The Shining being a fave.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I got the chance to interview him live in front of an audience at World Horror a few years ago -- he's a great guy.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I got the chance to interview him live in front of an audience at World Horror a few years ago -- he's a great guy.
    If that interview is available on the internet, please share the link, Bev. I'd be interested in reading it - or ideally, watching it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

It wasn't recorded. It was a live one on one in front of conference attendees.

Traveler rhassx7 is on a distinguished road

This is the most popular show. I like the plot of this crime television series. Its all episodes are too good to watch online.

Watch The OC TV Show Online
    Watch The L Word Episodes Online

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It'll be shown on A&E: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...tORMp44caLWAGK

Pierce Brosnan will star in the A&E adaptation of Stephen King's novel "Bag of Bones," the cable channel said Friday.

Brosnan, 58, will play the role of Mike Noonan, a novelist mourning the death of his wife. In King's horror story, her spirit returns to help Noonan uncover dark secrets hidden in the quiet Maine community where the couple owned a summer home.

Actress Annabeth Gish, known for playing Special Agent Monica Reyes on "The X-Files" TV show, will also star in the series, which premieres in late 2011.

Director Mick Garris, who has worked on several King projects including "The Shining," "Riding the Bullet" and "Sleepwalkers," will direct the TV movie that will be filmed in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent...now when?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just hope they don't screw it up like they do so many of King's other works. Bag of Bones is one of my favorites, and I kind of dread seeing a mediocre rendition. Casting is so important.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just received confirmation from Mick himself that shooting starts in a couple of weeks.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

It will be a four-hour miniseries, shown in two parts: http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/ae-g...ierce-brosnan/

A&E Network has greenlighted for production Stephen King’s Bag of Bones, a two-night, four-hour mini-series starring Pierce Brosnan. Annabeth Gish will co-star in the project, based on Stephen King's bestselling novel. Kelly Rowland also is expected to join the cast of the mini, from Sony Pictures Television, which will premiere on A&E in the fourth quarter of 2011. Mick Garris will direct from a script by Matt Venne. Filming is scheduled to begin next month in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Bag of Bones centers on bestselling novelist Mike Noonan (Brosnan), who is unable to stop grieving after the sudden death of his wife Jo (Gish). A dream inspires him to return to the couple's lakeside retreat in western Maine where he becomes involved in a custody battle between the daughter of an attractive young widow and the child's enormously wealthy grandfather, the mysterious ghostly visitations, the ever-escalating nightmares and the realization that his late wife still has something to tell him.

Bag of Bones is executive produced by Mark Sennett for Mark Sennet Entertainment, Mick Garris for Nice Guy Prods., Stewart Mackinnon for Headline Pictures and Craig Sheftell. Brian Gary and David Davoli are the co-executive producers. Garris, Sennett and Venne had been working on a Bag of Bones adaptation for several years, originally as a feature and then as a mini.

This is the second high-profile miniseries fronted by a movie star to be greenlighted at a A&E Network over the past couple of months. A&E's sibling History in May picked up The Hatfields and McCoys, starring Oscar winner Kevin Costner. CAA-repped Brosnan is already in business with Sony Pictures TV on an international private investigator series project from veteran ER writer-producer Jack Orman. Gish is with Innovative and Thruline.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A&E seems to have a healthy respect for the source material. I, for one, am optimistic!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'm mostly concerned with the casting of Mattie and Kyra. Those HAVE to be spot on.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I guess I'm mostly concerned with the casting of Mattie and Kia. Those HAVE to be spot on.

John
    Yeah, I hear ya, but they have done well with "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead", so there is reason for optimism!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I guess I'm mostly concerned with the casting of Mattie and Kia. Those HAVE to be spot on.

John
    Yeah, I hear ya, but they have done well with "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead", so there is reason for optimism!!!
    Those are on AMC. This will be on A&E. Different network, and I don't think they actually have any original series. Could be wrong.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A&E does have a number of original series--The Glades, for example, and a number of reality shows. I don't know how they'll do on a miniseries.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

John
    Those are on AMC. This will be on A&E. Different network, and I don't think they actually have any original series. Could be wrong.
    Oops!!! My bad!! Sorry
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A&E does have a number of original series--The Glades, for example, and a number of reality shows. I don't know how they'll do on a miniseries.

John
    You're right, John. They also do "Breakout Kings", but it looks like the rest are all "Reality" shows like Gene Simmons: Family Jewels and Storage Wars. Think they may have got off on a good foot with Garris though, no?

I really enjoyed BOB and would love to see it done well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

John F. Kennedy RichardHawes is on a distinguished road RichardHawes's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It will be a four-hour miniseries, shown in two parts: http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/ae-g...ierce-brosnan/

A&E Network has greenlighted for production Stephen King’s Bag of Bones, a two-night, four-hour mini-series starring Pierce Brosnan. Annabeth Gish will co-star in the project, based on Stephen King's bestselling novel. Kelly Rowland also is expected to join the cast of the mini, from Sony Pictures Television, which will premiere on A&E in the fourth quarter of 2011. Mick Garris will direct from a script by Matt Venne. Filming is scheduled to begin next month in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Bag of Bones centers on bestselling novelist Mike Noonan (Brosnan), who is unable to stop grieving after the sudden death of his wife Jo (Gish). A dream inspires him to return to the couple's lakeside retreat in western Maine where he becomes involved in a custody battle between the daughter of an attractive young widow and the child's enormously wealthy grandfather, the mysterious ghostly visitations, the ever-escalating nightmares and the realization that his late wife still has something to tell him.

Bag of Bones is executive produced by Mark Sennett for Mark Sennet Entertainment, Mick Garris for Nice Guy Prods., Stewart Mackinnon for Headline Pictures and Craig Sheftell. Brian Gary and David Davoli are the co-executive producers. Garris, Sennett and Venne had been working on a Bag of Bones adaptation for several years, originally as a feature and then as a mini.

This is the second high-profile miniseries fronted by a movie star to be greenlighted at a A&E Network over the past couple of months. A&E's sibling History in May picked up The Hatfields and McCoys, starring Oscar winner Kevin Costner. CAA-repped Brosnan is already in business with Sony Pictures TV on an international private investigator series project from veteran ER writer-producer Jack Orman. Gish is with Innovative and Thruline.

I absolutely love Bag of Bones and am extremely disappointed with the casting of this movie. I cant stand Brosnan and thought he was horrible as Bond and Kelly Rowland was god awful in Freddy vs Jason. Garris loves him some King stories but his execution always falls flat. Either way I love the story so I know i'll watch it as soon as it airs.

Australian actress Melissa George, whose credits include Grey's Anatomy and Lie to Me, will star opposite Pierce Brosnan in A&E's four-hour mini-series Stephen King's Bag of Bones.

George will play Mattie, the mother of a young child embroiled in a custody battle. Brosnan's widowed character, a novelist, winds up helping Mattie as she fights her father-in-law to keep her child. Anabeth Gish also stars in the miniseries, which is set to shoot in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Bag of Bones is based on a 1998 King novel, which has been adapted by Matt Venne for the mini-series. Mick Garris is directing.

George's other credits include In Treatment, Alias, Thieves and Roar. Bag of Bones will premiere on A&E in late 2011.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast