Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 254 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Wait. I'm confused. One article says McConaughey will play Walter ("Man in Black") and the other says he will play Roland? Am I reading correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Wait. I'm confused. One article says McConaughey will play Walter ("Man in Black") and the other says he will play Roland? Am I reading correctly?
    I was also confused about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would prefer him as RF.....
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Both roles were offered to him, but he's more keen on playing MIB.
    That's why I posted it just after reading here that he would be MIB. Strange, no?

You have some inside info or reference, Ferny?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really, really want McConaughey as Flagg. Just watch 'Killer Joe'. He'd be perfect. And have him reprise his role for 'The Stand' just to get that SK cinematic universe started.

If they want to play the multiple faces angle then at think Robert Carlyle would make a better 'Man in Black' but otherwise McConaughey for Flagg all he way.

Honestly if they turn him down it would be the most harebrained decision since King turned down Frank Darabont for this.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I really, really want McConaughey as Flagg. Just watch 'Killer Joe'. He'd be perfect. And have him reprise his role for 'The Stand' just to get that SK cinematic universe started.

If they want to play the multiple faces angle then at think Robert Carlyle would make a better 'Man in Black' but otherwise McConaughey for Flagg all he way.

Honestly if they turn him down it would be the most harebrained decision since King turned down Frank Darabont for this.
    Why did King turn Frank down? He is brilliant!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.slashfilm.com/stephen-kin...k-tower-movie/

“Frank did come to me, and I know Frank from before either one of us had a pot to piss in. Frank said, ‘Gee, I’d like to do Dark Tower.’ I said, ‘Frank, give me a break! You’ve got The Mist, The Monkey. You’ve got the prison stories. … Stop putting so much on your plate!'”

Who knows what his real reason is.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And he had the rights for several stories, that he didnt do anything with yet. As far as I remember, THE MONKEY (well, I can do withouth), but also THE LONG WALK !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    http://www.slashfilm.com/stephen-kin...k-tower-movie/

“Frank did come to me, and I know Frank from before either one of us had a pot to piss in. Frank said, ‘Gee, I’d like to do Dark Tower.’ I said, ‘Frank, give me a break! You’ve got The Mist, The Monkey. You’ve got the prison stories. … Stop putting so much on your plate!'”

Who knows what his real reason is.
    Silly move on his part.... but fingers crossed this new director actually does something great with it. No one thought Jackson was gonna do what he did with LOTR....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    And he had the rights for several stories, that he didnt do anything with yet. As far as I remember, THE MONKEY (well, I can do withouth), but also THE LONG WALK !
    Well it's a hard sell for studios. They had similar issues with 'The Mist' as well, they had to sacrifice a chunk of the budget for the ending.

He'll probably do 'Long Walk' eventually, he wanted to do 'The Mist' since it first appeared so you can see how long that took.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, Flagg is not even a secondary character in TDT as opposed to the star, Roland. In that light it makes sense that he go for the, Roland part, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still want Lucas Bryant from "Haven" as Roland. Tall, thin, gaunt, but nasty when he has to be....

John F. Kennedy Absttractharmony will become famous soon enough Absttractharmony's Avatar

He certainly has a look of the Roland I see in MY head. Great choice.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Aye he wouldn't make a bad Roland I think, but I prefer him as Flagg. I can see him really looking the business when he's done up properly. There's only one man for Roland and that's Viggo Mortensen!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think the perfect Roland would be Timothy Olyphant (Justified, Deadwood).

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I still think the perfect Roland would be Timothy Olyphant (Justified, Deadwood).
    That's what I've been saying. I even suggested it to Akiva Goldsman when I talked with him.

Country
    Country Flag

Timothy Olyphant would be one of my LAST pics.. no offense but just don't see it. Viggo...yes. But I would hate a Olyphant Roland and would feel that is bad casting. I think the bright move would be a new comer... massive casting call...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, not big on Olyphant either.

I think the bright move would be a new comer... massive casting call...
    I love the idea of a new comer, but at the same time we also need a big name actor to draw the casuals in and ensure the future of the franchise. It's going to be tricky to find a middle ground for sure..

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah, not big on Olyphant either.

I think the bright move would be a new comer... massive casting call...
    I love the idea of a new comer, but at the same time we also need a big name actor to draw the casuals in and ensure the future of the franchise. It's going to be tricky to find a middle ground for sure..
    Agreed... that is why Mathew M is PERFECT fro Flagg... cause he can COMMIT to it. Same as the Crimson King... and other players that are not through the whole thing... Big names for the smaller parts. No-names for the Ka-tet.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the thing about Lucas Bryant. He hasn't done a lot, but what he has done is really good. Viggo still has the glamour of Aragorn about him, and that kinda detracts from the overall appearance of the gunslinger.

And Matthew gets a big nod from me as Randall. I'd laugh my ass off if he came riding into the storyline in a Cadillac.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This thread will hit 100 pages before any shooting starts

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Actually, Flagg is not even a secondary character in TDT as opposed to the star, Roland. In that light it makes sense that he go for the, Roland part, no?
    He might not want to commit to a major role in a potentially years-long film/television franchise. Whereas with Walter he can have fun but still devote time to other projects.

Plus if he were to play Flagg for 'The Stand' he'd already be spending four years as Flagg. It'd also make sense for him to reprise his role for DT just to establish some sense of shared continuity.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael Shannon should play Randall Flagg. He could pull it off in a fascinating way.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    That's what I've been saying. I even suggested it to Akiva Goldsman when I talked with him.

Stupid question. Why do you think, Marvel has not jumped all over this in some way? I'm sure the rights could be negotiated and it is a "Marvel Title", right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From a Ron Howard AMA on Reddit today... made me very happy to hear "director of this first movie installment"

I can't really say much about Dark Tower, except there's a lot going on and it's pretty exciting. While schedules and conflicts, etc, made it impossible for me to be the director of this first movie installment, it's looking very likely and fingers crossed, but I really can't say much more about it than that. Stephen King is very excited about the script, I'll say that, and Nikolaj Arcel our director is doing great work on that script and preparing. Do we have an absolute green light? Nope, not quite, but fingers crossed!
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    From a Ron Howard AMA on Reddit today... made me very happy to hear "director of this first movie installment"

I can't really say much about Dark Tower, except there's a lot going on and it's pretty exciting. While schedules and conflicts, etc, made it impossible for me to be the director of this first movie installment, it's looking very likely and fingers crossed, but I really can't say much more about it than that. Stephen King is very excited about the script, I'll say that, and Nikolaj Arcel our director is doing great work on that script and preparing. Do we have an absolute green light? Nope, not quite, but fingers crossed!
    What the hell does that even mean? Why would three be no "green light"? LOOOOL They have a release date!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's pretty silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 254 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast