Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
    http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/aaron...ark-tower.html

Ron Howard's ambitious adaptation of Stephen King's Dark Tower may never get made at this rate, but Aaron Paul is happy to volunteer for one of the saga's biggest roles in reformed junkie Eddie Dean. A fan suggested the part to Paul on Twitter, and apparently he's thought it through. "Trust me. HUGE dream of mine," he wrote. Lost's Damon Lindelof, once attached to the adaptation, cosigned Paul as "the best Eddie ever." King has called Breaking Bad "an American classic" — care to weigh in, Uncle Stevie?
    Wow, never thought of him but yeah I could really see him as Eddie.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He's a little old -- he's 33 now.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    He's a little old -- he's 33 now.
    Yes, that's what I was thinking. That being said he could probably pass for a bit younger. I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie looks a bit older than his age considering what he put his body through. He could probably pull it off* but I don't disagree. They should probably try to go for someone younger.

*From a looks perspective, I don't know the actor enough to comment on his ability.

Traveler telephasic is on a distinguished road telephasic's Avatar

I thought Javier Bardem wasn't a bad option as Roland. Alseed or whatever from TB is too young IMO. Tara from TB great as Susannah.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I didn't see this posted anywhere here, so: http://www.stuff.tv/news/apps-and-ga...d-reviving-old

Arrested Development creator Ron Howard has also been circling Stephen King’s The Dark Tower – any chance Netflix could pick it up?

I spoke to Ron about it, actually. The last time we talked about it the thing was being kicked about HBO – but it’s no longer there. Once Arrested Development gets through we’ll keep talking about it. (Chief Content Officer of Netflix, Ted Sarandos)

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How big of a budget do Netflix original shows get? I really can't see DT done minimalist.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

House of Cards cost something in excess of $4.5 million per episode.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

honestly i dunno who i would imagine as any of the characters. they can cast uknowns i'd be fine with that as well.

with Jake i think that what they'd have to do is of course get a kid actor my guess an unknown one. and if they want to film all the books the kid will of course age. and people would have to accept the kid growing up on film. i'd rather have that than seeing him replaced over and over.

the thing about the casting for DT is that it's a tough thing to think about who would be right for these characters we love. Randall Flagg of course would be Jamey Sheridan no doubt. he was fantastic as the walking dude. he maybe what 60 now? but the character is ageless anyways.

so it really wouldn't matter. anyways what they could just do is make the film for each book separate instead of doing it the way Ron Howard wants to do it. some of them no doubt would have to be split into 2 parts and i'm ok with that. i dunno has any word been said about the films lately? i haven't heard jack shit, but than i haven't really paid attention lately either.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ONE MOVIE WITH RUSSELL CROWE? Or Maybe Not...

"After getting rejected by two studios on an ambitious multi-platform treatment of Stephen King’s seminal novel series The Dark Tower, Grazer, Howard, Akiva Goldsman and King streamlined their original ambition to adapt nine volumes into three features and two limited-run TV series. Now, Media Rights Capital is committed to make a single movie with Russell Crowe as the gunslinger Roland Deschain, with more movies coming if the first gets results. This isn’t set in stone, as Grazer tells me that he has just been approached by a Silicon Valley investor willing to finance Dark Tower as originally constructed, Now it’s a matter of deciding what path to take."

>>> http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cann...y-white-whale/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd rather they didn't.

Although to be fair Russell Crowe probably could pull it off. I'd just prefer they'd choose someone else. Preferably an unknown, although that would be a bit of a gamble.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

to me the accent will have to go...but as I said before...Daniel Craig would be a better choice...although he is now the embodiment of James Bond...if he wasn't in those movies I think he would be a slightly less known actor. When I saw him in Cowboys and Aliens the first thing that came to mind was Roland...he has the eyes for it.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh God, I think they should just let this die before they compromise the vision too much and end up creating a complete wreck.

The books are good enough for me.
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know they can have Crow or Craig stand on a "manmaker", but the person who portrays Roland needs to be tall and gaunt.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Timothy Olyphant would be an excellent choice, he has that lanky look to him. and if you have seen Deadwood or Justified he has the hard western gunslinger thing down cold.

Ken

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He even played Clint Eastwood as The Man With No Name, the inspiration for the Roland, in Rango. I didn't realize it was him doing the voice instead of Clint until his name came up in the credits!

Ken

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still hoping for unknown actors if this thing ever gets off the ground. Sign them to contracts for the entire project and keep costs down in the long run.

I suggested Olyphant to Akiva Goldsman and he agreed, but the reality is that they need a big name to get financing for a project like this, and Olyphant isn't on that level, alas.

Aaron Paul (Jessie from Breaking Bad) tweeted Ron Howard yesterday: Quick question. How are things? Also, do you want to put me in The Dark Tower movie? Eddie Dean perhaps?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Aaron Paul (Jessie from Breaking Bad) tweeted Ron Howard yesterday: Quick question. How are things? Also, do you want to put me in The Dark Tower movie? Eddie Dean perhaps?
    I think I could wrap my mind around him playing Eddie.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuckin' YES!!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that could work.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This thread is acting odd. It says the last post was by Chassit19 yesterday but when I click on it the last post I see is by Merlin1958 from 5/29.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ron Howard will adapt Dan Brown's INFERNO for Xmas 2015 (script : David Koepp, leading actor : Tom Hanks), so i guess that its fair to say that his project is on stand by... and he might lose his option before the release of INFERNO?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler Chassit19 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Paranoid

Yes! I posted yesterday with quite a good idea. I'm a little annoyed because now I have type the whole thing out again - which I'm about to do now

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny that The Lost Symbol doesn't get an adaptation before Inferno. Or am I wrong?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast