Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 254 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Traveler domomuffin is on a distinguished road

looks like they're only going to greenlight the first movie then see how it goes. which makes sense.
    the first book is kinda short though, and would be very confusing to the average viewer. maybe they're going to add parts from other books or maybe even re=arrange the order of the story..
    basically everything is resting on the shoulders of Akiva Goldsman at this point.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank God Bardem is out. What a horrible idea for Roland to begin with.

Traveler Bcook128 is on a distinguished road Bcook128's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    With Crowe as Roland the hamburger scene in Tull may turn into a hamburger eating contest. LARD ASS! LARD ASS!
    Totally agree. Roland is suppose to be living after the "world has moved on" and I doubt a diet of gunslinger burritos would allow him to pack on an amount of body fat equal to Mr. Crowe's physique. The complexity of the Dark Tower and the difficulty of making it into a film worth watching is challenge enough...Russell Crowe would make it a flop for sure. Any toleration of Russell Crowe as an actor was lost long ago from me due to his awful performance in a little gem of a movie (complete sarcasm) from the early 90's called Virtuosity.

I've seen others comment that Viggo Mortenson should be cast as Roland and as of right now I'm in agreement.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bcook128 View Post
    With Crowe as Roland the hamburger scene in Tull may turn into a hamburger eating contest. LARD ASS! LARD ASS!
    Totally agree. Roland is suppose to be living after the "world has moved on" and I doubt a diet of gunslinger burritos would allow him to pack on an amount of body fat equal to Mr. Crowe's physique. The complexity of the Dark Tower and the difficulty of making it into a film worth watching is challenge enough...Russell Crowe would make it a flop for sure. Any toleration of Russell Crowe as an actor was lost long ago from me due to his awful performance in a little gem of a movie (complete sarcasm) from the early 90's called Virtuosity.

I've seen others comment that Viggo Mortenson should be cast as Roland and as of right now I'm in agreement.
    Crowe is fat? I didn't even know.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

Crowe is fat? I didn't even know.
    Well, I guess fat is a relative term and relative to Roland Deschain i think the term fits. I'll just say he doesn't look like he's been traveling on foot for hundreds of miles with no supermarket in sight. Check out this link and see for yourself.

http://procrastibate.wordpress.com/2.../russellcrowe/

I just CAN'T see him playing this role. He would be the LAST person I would have imagined. I will say I think he would make a decent Cort.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly can't see Crowe or Viggo as Roland.

I'm really hoping the world moves on before this movie can happen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crowe looks closer to the part than Bardem but... I think I'd have preferred Bardem in the role.

I'd really like an unknown to helm it, but that might not do the production much good in getting off the ground. An upcoming actor is more likely to be willing to act in both films and a TV series, I think. At least as far as affordability is concerned.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

It will definitely be difficult to make a movie that resembles even a fuzzy shadow of the books. So much character development (especially for Roland) is completely internal...so much of his dialogue is in his own head. Also, so many of Stephen King's books that are so awesome in literary format translate into pretty corny movies. I would probably watch the movie, but it won't be at the theatre at $8+/ticket. I feel sorry for those who will go to see it but haven't read the books. They won't know what they're missing.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, out of curiosity, has anybody read anywhere how they plan to structure the movie(s)? I've read they're planning possibly 3 movies and a tv series. Have they said which events will be movie and which will be tv?

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tv series was to be about young Roland but there is new script now so I don't know if this is still the case. But it probably is.

Traveler oil-man is on a distinguished road oil-man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...=entertainment

According to Huffington post, Russell Crowe set to play Roland. I could see that...he need to have a 1000 yard stare, and Crowe can deliver. Will the Sussannah actress use green socks to become leg less?

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

wonder if they will put in Kings latest of the series in the movie if it does get made.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is from outta left field, but I could kinda see the guy who plays "Alcide" from "True Blood" as Roland. It'll never happen, but he has the right mixture of "Young, very old Guy". JMHO Only seen him in TB so, I don't know if he has the chops, but sometimes ya just gotta take a chance!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler domomuffin is on a distinguished road

Crowe is the kind of name that would get the studio heads excited, but also the kind of actor that can sink this project into the abyss of suckiness.
    The roll Roland would require alot of finesse and subtlety, Crowe seems like a bull in a china shop for this series. and as previously mentioned he's a fatass.
    on the other hand he is very charismatic, and many actors have shed off half their weight for a roll so who knows..

I personally think that Howard just threw Crowe's name in there last minute because Bardem walked off right before the big Warner Bros meeting and he had to attach a big star to the project. In this economy no studio will greenlight an epic with an unknown as the lead.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Crowe was nominated for an Academy Award for A Beautiful Mind, directed by Howard, written by Akiva Goldsman. Same team -- I really think this could work.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched vicky barcelona or whatever its called last night, now im seriously bummed that Bardem is not on board. He really would be perfect i think.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Crowe is a phenomenal actor. "Fat ass?" Give me a break, he'll be in whatever shape he needs to be in six months with a personal trainer and a dietician/nutritionist. Actors do it all the time. For a sneak peak at Rowe with revolvers and a cowboy hat go see 310 to Yuma.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

according to Ned Dameron's artwork they should be looking for someone like ashton kutcher

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    according to Ned Dameron's artwork they should be looking for someone like ashton kutcher

I'm telling ya, "Alcide" from True Blood. He'd be cheap and I really like the idea of a sort of no-name playing the part. No preconceptions. Also, he is under contract with HBO. I realize the studio's will probably never go for the concept, but lesser/no name actors. talented of course, would be the way to go for the Ka-Tet. Get a name to play Flagg for the billboards. Oh, and Norman Reedus for "Eddie"!! Plus the kid from "Walking Dead" for Jake. All more or less bargains. Tara (True Blood) for Susannah.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm SO with you on a no-name (won't happen, but I'm with you). I think the most damaging thing to ANY film is a well known actor/actress (unintentionally) bringing their "baggage" with them into a movie. I know they're people and have their own lives, but unfortunately they live in the public eye. It's almost impossible to separate what they've done or said in real life, what roles they've played, typecasting, etc. etc. from the character they are portraying. It's admittedly unfair, but it's just the way things are. It's worse when the role they are playing is a character from a book (and in the case of The Dark Tower, an epic). People have already become acquainted with these characters, how they look, their mannerisms, etc. and have spent years and THOUSANDS of pages with these folken. We tend to be much more critical of those who portray them in films. At least with an unknown actor/actress, you're not going in with a bias against them because of what's been printed in a paper or seen on the "news". Like I said, it's not fair, but it's unavoidable even in the most forgiving audiences.

One who come to my mind...Tom Cruise. Any fans of his reading this...sorry. I hate that it's the case for me, but I just CANNOT enjoy a movie that he is in. I'll admit I'm judgemental....we ALL are to an extent. I try, but I just CAN'T watch him without seeing that infamous "couch-bouncing", crazed event on Oprah...

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I tell you who was great in that movie, was Ben Johnson the dude that comes after Crowe. That dude is a good actor and can play crazy really well.

I like Corw. In Cinderella Man and 3:10 he was fantastic. Doesn't seem very fat to me. Too smiley though. Viggo would be great.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts as well, Bcook128!!! Have some cojones, Hollywood!!!! LOL

The Actor won't sell it, Stephen King will!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

You speak true, I say thankya. A good set of cojones would do 'em good. If they do the first one right, all us DT fans will be beggin' for more. If not...well, I see a "Golden Compass" flop in the future.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You speak true, I say thankya. A good set of cojones would do 'em good. If they do the first one right, all us DT fans will be beggin' for more. If not...well, I see a "Golden Compass" flop in the future.
    Actually, if you recall. the marketing for LOTR leaned more on the story than the actors involved. While they had some "names" so to speak, a few gained status AFTER the production. Same could happen here. If, marketed correctly. They should be taking a page out of J.J. Abrams playbook!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 254 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast