Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 254 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Javier Bardem Still Attached to The Dark Tower
    Javier Bardem is still attached to portray the nomadic gunslinger Roland Deschain, but the project will have to be put on hold until at least next summer, even if they can find financing.
    http://www.movieweb.com/news/javier-...the-dark-tower

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

So this guy met Norman Reedus at Dragon con and apparently he's still in talks to play Eddie Dean.
    http://twitter.com/#!/munocard/statu...99307485052928

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenrot View Post
    So this guy met Norman Reedus at Dragon con and apparently he's still in talks to play Eddie Dean.
    http://twitter.com/#!/munocard/statu...99307485052928
    He's perhaps a little old for the book version of Eddie, but he certainly looks the part otherwise.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to google him but I think he is a great fit (look wise) for Eddie.

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    He's perhaps a little old for the book version of Eddie, but he certainly looks the part otherwise.
    He would have been a great choice 12 (or more) years ago. His performance in Boondock Saints was a perfect fit for a post Drawing of the Three Eddie. He's in his 40's now and the time it would take to film these would age him past the point of believability.

On another note...Can I get a general (forum) feeling about Javier Bardem as Roland? Reading back 46 pages is a bit much. I personally don't feel he's even close to right for the part.
    Insert witty comment here.

Traveler CaptHowdy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Reedus is waaay to old. If he plays Eddie, Clint Eastwood might as well play Roland

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
    Reedus is waaay to old. If he plays Eddie, Clint Eastwood might as well play Roland
    As an Age-Challenged American man, that hurt!!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Harrald View Post
    On another note...Can I get a general (forum) feeling about Javier Bardem as Roland? Reading back 46 pages is a bit much.
    No, probably not; the general feeling on this forum seems to be rather fiercely divided.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's enough for me. When i joined this forum, I was rooting for Hugh Laurie to get the part. Now that the format is being worked out, I feel he is no longer a viable option. Now I'm at a loss to come up with a decent replacement. The look, acting chops and charisma all coalesced in Clint. Now......I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    No, probably not; the general feeling on this forum seems to be rather fiercely divided.

Traveler VioletPrue is on a distinguished road

Am I the only one who isn't wetting herself over this? King said in the past he wouldn't let DT be made into a movie or series, because he didn't want to mess with the visions readers had while reading. He didn't want to say 'This is what Roland looks like', because different people have different views. So now he changed his mind? Not too happy about this....

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I won't mind if it never gets made (and with recent events, that seems very possible), but when I learned of their plans for the format of the films and series, I'll admit I was excited. Of course if it ever gets made now, it will probably be in a different form... but we'll see.

Like you I think my preference would be for it to remain as it is, in print, and in our imagination, (although more DT stories are welcome) but if the films/series go ahead, I'll probably watch them. I think it's important to note that if the Dark Tower does make it to the screen, that doesn't negate what's in our heads already. It would just be another world spinning around the Tower.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

as I said in the Rate the last movie thread. I do believe that Daniel Craig should play the part of Roland. I didn't at first till I saw Cowboys and Aliens. Seeing him in that role did it for me. He would be my pick after Clint Eastwood.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I still feel either Viggo Mortensen or Hugh Jackman. Daniel Craig doesn't do it for me.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The problem with Daniel Craig, Viggo Mortensen and Hugh Jackman is getting them to commit to a long term (Think 5 years) contract on a production that is a possible flop. The series portions would be 6 months each (maybe 4 if they hustle) and they would have to work exclusively during that time. The movie portions would be almost as bad. Add promo time and you have a huge commitment. I think you have to consider lesser known actors.

Craig ain't leaving the Bond franchise anytime soon. Viggo has slipped a gear and is picking risky roles and Jackman is just plain nuts.

All great actors..all capable of bringing the part to life....none of which would ever do it

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Producer Brian Grazer Says $40-50 Million Cut From ‘Dark Tower’ Budget Means “It’s Gonna Get Made”
    Says Revamped Approach Gives The Movie A “Satisfying Ending”
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli..._below_100_mi/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenrot View Post
    Producer Brian Grazer Says $40-50 Million Cut From ‘Dark Tower’ Budget Means “It’s Gonna Get Made”
    Says Revamped Approach Gives The Movie A “Satisfying Ending”
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli..._below_100_mi/
    I don't like the sound of a satifying ending. How are they planning to end this!? My opinion is that the as written ending was pretty damn good.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

not just "satisfying" - "a really satisfying ending".

: shudders :

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I guess the question is, 'satisfying in what way?'

If they mean, that everything is tied up and explained at the end, then I'm not sure.
    Spoiler:
    I did find the ending of the novel series satisfying, for the very reason that it left questions.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    not just "satisfying" - "a really satisfying ending".

: shudders :
    Don't worry, Jean: I know what's going through your head, and I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

Sod it, I don't even need to say what horrendous 'satisfying' ending to a horrendous remake I'm thinking of, do I? Only that I now know how low the industry can get sometimes because of it. I'm hoping that this 'satisfying ending' won't be half as bad. (Although I'm really not sure if that's possible, really.)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"We spoke to Brian Grazer during the “Tower Heist” press rounds today, and while we could only score a few moments with the prolific producer, he did inform us that the budget has been shaved way back, possibly to the project’s benefit. “We found a way to cut out $45 million out of the budget without changing the scope and actually giving it a good ending,” Grazer said, suggesting a heavily re-worked approach. “In the $140 million draft, the ending wasn’t quite as satisfying. Now, we’ve got $45 million, $50 million out of the way and a really satisfying ending. It’s gonna get made.”

So the budget was from 140 millions, it's now of 45 millions (?) and it will be better than what was originally planned? 45 millions for adapting 7 books...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm pretty sure he's just talking about the first movie. And the budget is now about $90-95 million -- $140 million minus $45-$50 million.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"$140 million minus $45-$50 million."

That's what i thought, but the " Now, we’ve got $45 million" mislead me and made me think he was meaning that was the new budget.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He said "Now, we’ve got $45 million, $50 million out of the way" -- in other words, they've cut 45-50 million.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/10/25...-brian-grazer/
    Ron Howard and Brian Grazer's attempt to adapt Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series over multiple films and television seasons has hit something of a snag: sporting a high price tag and an unprecedented rollout plan, "Dark Tower" proved too ambitious for Universal to handle. But if Grazer is to be believed, "The Dark Tower" isn't too big for HBO.

Speaking with MTV News at the "Tower Heist" press junket this past weekend, Grazer revealed that "The Dark Tower" is still very much on track, so much so that that HBO has come on board.

"We're going to do ['The Dark Tower'] with HBO," Grazer told us. "We'll do the TV with HBO, and we'll do the movie with… to be determined. We'll do it right."

Grazer, who believes that the previously attached Javier Bardem will still be on board as Roland Deschain, added that "Dark Tower" is going to be able to move ahead largely because he and Howard have managed to reduce the film's substantial budget.

"We're going to do that movie. We've lost $45 million out of the budget," he said. "When people say no to you enough, then you have to lose money, which we've done without harming the scope of the film."

Grazer's comments that "The Dark Tower" is heading to HBO is a huge development, to say the least. Stay tuned to MTV News as we learn more about the Gunslinger's continued journey towards the big and small screens.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

HBO eh?, Isn't that what we've been saying from the start?
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 254 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast