Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 254 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Traveler john_deschain will become famous soon enough

New to this forum, but I had to "chime" in and get people's thoughts. Does anyone think Katheryn Winnick will be not playing Jake's mom, but actually Mia, daughter of none, mother of one? Seeing other characters cast where that happened are my reasons for this theory. Please let me know if i should be posting my question in a different spot if this isnt the right one.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by john_deschain View Post
    New to this forum, but I had to "chime" in and get people's thoughts. Does anyone think Katheryn Winnick will be not playing Jake's mom, but actually Mia, daughter of none, mother of one? Seeing other characters cast where that happened are my reasons for this theory. Please let me know if i should be posting my question in a different spot if this isnt the right one.
    I don't think we're going to get as far as the Mia story in the first movie. I'm fairly confident that the focus Winnick is playing Jake's mother.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would be shocked if we ever see the Mia or Mordred story. The Mia stuff would be tough and corny to film and the Mordred storyline pretty much went nowhere. Having Jake enter through the house in the first film removes the magic circle and Susannah from the whole thing meaning no rape and no pregnancy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree with the two posters above. Pretty much impossible we'll get Mia in this film, and highly doubt we'll see here at all in the series. She's superfluous to the story without Mordred.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Show of hands: who wants to see Matthew McConaughey gobbled up by a man-spider?

I didn't think so .

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unlike most, I loved Mordred in the book and I hope we see him eat Flagg on the big screen.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I would be shocked if we ever see the Mia or Mordrid story. The Mia stuff would be tough and corny to film and the Mordrid storyline pretty much went nowhere. Having Jake enter through the house in the first film removes the magic circle and Susannah from the whole thing meaning no rape and no pregnancy.

Ya know with the route they chose to go with the storyline that could be cool in as much as they could fix those storylines up a bit this time around.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Unlike most, I loved Mordred in the book and I hope we see him eat Flagg on the big screen.
    I agree with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Its scary because DT could get a bad rap if the movie fails.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Even now the general assumption is that SK is a good writer but that the movies based off his books are crap so if the movie sucks I think people won't assume the books are bad, just that they were too weighty for a movie to properly adapt.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Its scary because DT could get a bad rap if the movie fails.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Even now the general assumption is that SK is a good writer but that the movies based off his books are crap so if the movie sucks I think people won't assume the books are bad, just that they were too weighty for a movie to properly adapt.
    Sadly, this is very true.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

So, not a beach. More confirmation we are on a different beam path?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess my question is that, if Jack Mort doesn't kill Jake, could Odetta/Detta ever happened? Would she just be Susannah the entire time?

I don't think they will do Mordred again, mostly because demon rape isn't very PG. Now, could they find another way to create Mordred? I'd love it since the image of a were spider will be pretty bad ass.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see Mordred and more about his loneliness and self torche . Mia will never. Odetta/ Detta
    Spoiler:
    didn't that start before the brick knocked her our?

Also on Arron Paul's Twitter account does it not say "she" so unless Arron is playing a cross dresser (nothing wrong with that) I think it's about his love to be... even if it ain't Susannah.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Though Aaron Paul has expressed interest in being involved in these movies, thus far he is just an interested bystander like the rest of us.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aaron Paul is VERY close to playing Eddie
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I find it kinda cool that the poll in this thread has been stuck on 99 votes for a while now.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I find it kinda cool that the poll in this thread has been stuck on 99 votes for a while now.
    I find it kinda cool that since you posted that it increased to 100.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Dammit.

Country
    Country Flag

You make just enough of that shlicky stuff,
    to hold the seams while you find taheen.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Regardless if Aaron Paul's involvement with the franchise is - at this point - tenuous at best, it certainly couldn't hurt that a celebrity with 2.8 million Instagram followers saw a Dark Tower related image.

At the very hopeful least, a portion of them will have begun research on what the image is all about.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The great thing about books being made into movies is that even if the movie is bad, the book is still unchanged and you can always go back to it as many times as you want. The movie should really have no effect on your enjoyment of the book.
    This is exactly how I'm approaching the whole thing. I already know the movie won't be "my" Dark Tower, but I'm just gonna try to enjoy it as much as possible.
    Spoken like a woman.

LOL
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

You make just enough of that shlicky stuff,
    to hold the seams while you find taheen.
    A ZZ Top/DT reference I completely missed! Thank you!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Regardless if Aaron Paul's involvement with the franchise is - at this point - tenuous at best, it certainly couldn't hurt that a celebrity with 2.8 million Instagram followers saw a Dark Tower related image.

At the very hopeful least, a portion of them will have begun research on what the image is all about.
    Curious. This message may very well turn out to be Paul "doing his part" to promote the film in the hopes that he will be considered for the sequel(s).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 254 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 224 ... LastLast