Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 254 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Honesty they need to market the film with the First line of the book. It should be on the posters and in the trailers. It's King best opening line. Why not use it to sell the Film? "The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed" I think it will make people interested. Much like it hooked us tower junkies when we read it
    I agree. There should be a total campaign on this one line...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Honesty they need to market the film with the First line of the book. It should be on the posters and in the trailers. It's King best opening line. Why not use it to sell the Film? "The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed" I think it will make people interested. Much like it hooked us tower junkies when we read it
    Forgive me, but that line didn't grab most of the original readers, Kings' name did. It's literary mastery, but I don't think it will do much to impress this generation. Should appear somewhere in the marketing? Yes, but not the focal point IMHO. They'd probably get more bang for the buck out of "There are other worlds than these".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Forgive me, but that line didn't grab most of the original readers, Kings' name did. It's literary mastery, but I don't think it will do much to impress this generation. Should appear somewhere in the marketing? Yes, but not the focal point IMHO. They'd probably get more bang for the buck out of "There are other worlds than these".
    Yes Jake's line would be good too. That pic that Tom Taylor posted a while ago would make a good poster.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I agree...and someone's idea of the rose, key and pistols on the poster.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a fan-theory that...

Spoiler:
    the beast we see in the unfinished trailer is the Rat Guardian of the Beam. What do you lot think of Roland and Jake taking on a Guardian we never got to see in the novels, in this film?

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    There is a fan-theory that...

Spoiler:
    the beast we see in the unfinished trailer is the Rat Guardian of the Beam. What do you lot think of Roland and Jake taking on a Guardian we never got to see in the novels, in this film?
    That would be really cool. I done mind it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again, thank you pablo.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The comments section of that video has LOTR. Fanboys already attacking it

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sombra is back online.......................

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I see Annie Wilkes has a job.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a bummer, but it might not be as big a bummer if they release the trailer online sometime within the next month.

I wonder if the trailer leaking early has something to do with this...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Hooboy I guess that's how confident they are in this film. VOD release date is next?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Hooboy I guess that's how confident they are in this film. VOD release date is next?
    This has nothing to do with confidence in the film. There are other factors at play here....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This has nothing to do with confidence in the film. There are other factors at play here....
    Such as?

Country
    Country Flag

How quick those daggers come out once a back is turned...

Oof.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Such as?
    If the leaked trailer is any indication maybe they didn't get it to a version they felt was presentable in terms of green screen and finished special effects.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Sorry if you guys think I'm bashing the movie or trolling, I'm not. The patterns that I'm seeing don't make me confident that the movie be good. I hope it is and I hope they make more or all the books into movies.

Sorry if you guys think I'm bashing the movie or trolling, I'm not. The patterns that I'm seeing don't make me confident that the movie be good. I hope it is and I hope they make more or all the books into movies.
    If the film ends up sucking I'll probably cry off all things Stephen King for a while. I'd just be so bummed. Its scary because DT could get a bad rap if the movie fails. Damn it! Why did i get so Attached to this series. Darn you King lol. Seriously I will be legit sad

Country
    Country Flag

Guys...this would not be the first time in history that a good movie gets marketed poorly (or, conversely, a bad movie receives excellent marketing).

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Guys...this would not be the first time in history that a good movie gets marketed poorly (or, conversely, a bad movie receives excellent marketing).
    Or the first time a good SK book was turned into a bad movie. *cough* The Stand *cough*
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Or the first time a good SK book was turned into a bad movie. *cough* The Stand *cough*
    Yes, but I am choosing to give this film a fair shake before breaking out the logs and torches .

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Yes, but I am choosing to give this film a fair shake before breaking out the logs and torches .
    So am I. I'm looking forward to it and hope it does well. That post was more directed to this one (that I probably should've quoted instead):

If the film ends up sucking I'll probably cry off all things Stephen King for a while. I'd just be so bummed. Its scary because DT could get a bad rap if the movie fails. Damn it! Why did i get so Attached to this series. Darn you King lol. Seriously I will be legit sad
    The great thing about books being made into movies is that even if the movie is bad, the book is still unchanged and you can always go back to it as many times as you want. The movie should really have no effect on your enjoyment of the book.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The great thing about books being made into movies is that even if the movie is bad, the book is still unchanged and you can always go back to it as many times as you want. The movie should really have no effect on your enjoyment of the book.
    This is exactly how I'm approaching the whole thing. I already know the movie won't be "my" Dark Tower, but I'm just gonna try to enjoy it as much as possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 254 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 ... LastLast