Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 254 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Such boundless juvenile negativity...

Why?
    because this film, most probably, is going to be a boat anchor or a dog's breakfast

believe me, I hope it is not, but Im not holding my breath.

as for your juvenile comment, I was most probably reading the dark tower before YOU were a juvenile,
    Does that mean you have considerable experience wasting your time being bitter over something you have little to no interest in?

---

Anyhow,

http://www.tracking-board.com/exclus...he-dark-tower/

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Such boundless juvenile negativity...

Why?
    because this film, most probably, is going to be a boat anchor or a dog's breakfast

believe me, I hope it is not, but Im not holding my breath.

as for your juvenile comment, I was most probably reading the dark tower before YOU were a juvenile,
    Does that mean you have considerable experience wasting your time being bitter over something you have little to no interest in?

---
    Funny how you keep trying to put words in my mouth. Im not bitter, Im a realist... It looks to me like King's opus is getting turned out like a whore. We shall see.

Im hoping the film pans out but I am going to be very surprised if it is quality. Akiva Goldsman is a hack with the touch of death.

It will be something, though and I guess that is better than nothing. We shall see.

I am quite interested in the dark tower. In fact it is my favorite written property. I doubt my time is being wasted. In fact, I am steeling myself for this adaptation to be THE SUCK ahead of time so the hurt is not as great. If it turns out good or even passable, I win either way
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree with the grumpy old bollox (look who it is)! Hope for the best plan for the worst...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I might be setting myself up for heartbreak, being so excited about the adaptation... but fuck it.

This is my favorite written property as well and I'm ecstatic about it being translated into my favorite art form.

If it's a sinking ship, I'm going down with it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am quite interested in the dark tower. In fact it is my favorite written property. I doubt my time is being wasted. In fact, I am steeling myself for this adaptation to be THE SUCK ahead of time so the hurt is not as great. If it turns out good or even passable, I win either way
    You could call this live-action adaptation an unfaithful reproduction of the books on the silver screen and you would have a point. Thing of it is, it doesn't look like it's aiming to be. What i've seen so far leans toward a re imagining with core elements being preserved or, if the Horn of Eld plays a role, a cosmic "sequel"...reboot?...of sorts.

However, saying it will flat out be terrible/sucky/amazing/stupendous/etc is more prognostication than anything. Unless I see photos of the Man in Black shirtless while armed with two machine guns and a cigar in his mouth or Blaine the Mono turned into Blaine the Tricycle, i'm going to hold off on stoking the fires of hate.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one want to see a faithful adaptation of the books. I have read and reread the books several times, I want to see THAT on a movie screen. Not a reimagining. That's for comic books or cartoons. It's one of my favorite written stories, I want to see THAT story, not a version of what that story may have been if somebody had something different, blah blah blah.

Now, that story may be good. I dunno. But with all the changes they have made, it will certainly be different. I don't wanna pay to see different. I wanna see what was in the book.

Having seen favorite books translated to movies and fail many, many times, I don't have a lot of hope for this. Neither do I have a lot of excitement. If it's good, I'll be wrong. If not, well then I won't be surprised.

Country
    Country Flag

How faithful is faithful? Even what is arguably the best cinematic adaptation - the The Lord of the Rings trilogy - had changes aplenty.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well let's compare 'The Shining' and 'It'. I would consider 'It' faithful in ways that 'The Shining' is not even though both make considerable changes.

'The Shining' is an example of Kubrick throwing 80% of the original novel out and doing his own thing. He's not trying to be faithful at all, he's just using the basic outline of the novel about a haunted hotel, a snowbound family and a father going crazy and going off from there. It's barely King's story.

"It" on the other hand is faithful to the book despite all the changes because I feel the filmmakers goal was not to "reimagine" what King wrote but present his story as close as possible within the limitations of the medium. The Losers and Pennywise are all recognizable as the characters from the book. They may not have included the Ritual of Chud or the Turtle but it's still Stephen King's story.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First as been mentioned many times this is likely starting with Roland having the horn..
    Spoiler:
    That frees up everything to be slightly different as it's no longer the same cycle in the book.

Second we have zero idea what they are changing. It looks like they are showing us stuff that was happening at the same time earlier but we didn't know about until the end. LOTR did the same thing by moving back Sam and Frodos hike up Mt Doom to the third film. It was in the correct order time-wise but not in the same spot it was in the book text.

Jake 100% had the touch in the book so it makes sense that he might be a target for the crimson king to be a breaker. I think thats a smart way to introduce some of that story while also branching out into some stuff that was exposed in Black House. My guess is that
    Spoiler:
    Jake is not going to die this time under the mountain as this is Roland's redemption cycle.
    If that is true then I totally get why they would move around how he is called into the world the first time.

When they say they are starting in the middle it really just seems like they are exposing things that we found out later in the book and not really starting Roland and Jakes story from the middle. Otherwise there would be an Eddie and Susannah and it doesn't seem like there is. I honestly think that they might be making some smart decisions with this.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    I for one want to see a faithful adaptation of the books. I have read and reread the books several times, I want to see THAT on a movie screen. Not a reimagining. That's for comic books or cartoons. It's one of my favorite written stories, I want to see THAT story, not a version of what that story may have been if somebody had something different, blah blah blah.

Now, that story may be good. I dunno. But with all the changes they have made, it will certainly be different. I don't wanna pay to see different. I wanna see what was in the book.

Having seen favorite books translated to movies and fail many, many times, I don't have a lot of hope for this. Neither do I have a lot of excitement. If it's good, I'll be wrong. If not, well then I won't be surprised.
    I think you're definitely going to be sorely disappointed then. If one can't walk into this movie open minded about the adaption, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I totally feel that way about The Shining. My mind is closed off to it and I'll never watch it again. Frankly I don't see what people see in it. It's a pretty shitty movie if you ask me and just plain boring. To each his/her own and you might feel the way I do in regards to this film. Like Johnny said, I too think it's just a different turn of the wheel that we'll be getting with the film/s. Not the series we've read. After all, the world has moved on .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Idris will talk you into watching more...

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I never read LOTR and I saw The Shining and IT and The Stand before I read them. Frankly, the LOTR movies are a bit too much for me. The Shining movie is great, and the book is great as well. I love both versions of the Stand.

I guess there are different ways to look at it. I really wanted something faithful to the book, scene for scene kinda thing. If the movie is a good movie, then it will stand on its own. I hope that they focus more on making it a good movie in general. I guess we'll see.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    First as been mentioned many times this is likely starting with Roland having the horn..
    Spoiler:
    That frees up everything to be slightly different as it's no longer the same cycle in the book.

Second we have zero idea what they are changing. It looks like they are showing us stuff that was happening at the same time earlier but we didn't know about until the end. LOTR did the same thing by moving back Sam and Frodos hike up Mt Doom to the third film. It was in the correct order time-wise but not in the same spot it was in the book text.

Jake 100% had the touch in the book so it makes sense that he might be a target for the crimson king to be a breaker. I think thats a smart way to introduce some of that story while also branching out into some stuff that was exposed in Black House. My guess is that
    Spoiler:
    Jake is not going to die this time under the mountain as this is Roland's redemption cycle.
    If that is true then I totally get why they would move around how he is called into the world the first time.

When they say they are starting in the middle it really just seems like they are exposing things that we found out later in the book and not really starting Roland and Jakes story from the middle. Otherwise there would be an Eddie and Susannah and it doesn't seem like there is. I honestly think that they might be making some smart decisions with this.
    I really like the way you think here!!! I'm with you, Johnny.

Isamu & Lookwhoitis you had a real shot at a fun old "flame war" and then you both pussied out. Give me your "Man" cards for two days!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    I never read LOTR and I saw The Shining and IT and The Stand before I read them. Frankly, the LOTR movies are a bit too much for me. The Shining movie is great, and the book is great as well. I love both versions of the Stand.

I guess there are different ways to look at it. I really wanted something faithful to the book, scene for scene kinda thing. If the movie is a good movie, then it will stand on its own. I hope that they focus more on making it a good movie in general. I guess we'll see.
    Despite not emulating the narrative as closely as you would like, do you still believe this adaptation can, at the least, embody the spirit of The Dark Tower?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have never cryed watching a film but I did reading DT so no! No film can capture the raw emotion and feelings that we have for these books! Sorry!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sheesh, what a bunch of "Debbie Downers"!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Edit: Found the article that picture is from... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ark-Tower.html
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it

Country
    Country Flag

He looks , but it ain't"my" Roland.... and im sure mobile phones weren't around after the old people left...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    He looks , but it ain't"my" Roland.... and im sure mobile phones weren't around after the old people left...
    I'm sure he wasn't in front of the movie cameras when those photos were taken...

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev, I can't give you more positive points. It doesn't allow me
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That picture with him with the duster is bad ass!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 254 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast