Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 254 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

They had the option on The Lost Symbol but never brought it into development. When Inferno came out, I guess it made more sense to tackle the newest, hottest book rather than a somewhat colder property. They would always have the option of going back to it.

I don't think Howard is in peril of losing the option on The Dark Tower because no one else has a viable approach at present. If someone else came along, then King might be willing to tell Howard to do something or give it up.

Traveler Chassit19 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Paranoid

I posted yesterday and it didn't show. Just wrote the whole post out again and it still isn't here. I'm not sure if it's still with the moderator or whether somethings wrong. I posted about 20 mins ago. I don't want to write it out for a third time!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

did you post any links? if you did, it's being moderated

also: where did you try to post? if it's in Keystone Rose or Mid-World, I can look into it right now

anyway, as soon as you have five posts in any forum except Starkblast, you can post links or whatever else you like (provided it complies with the site rules)

just post something else here, only two posts to go!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Paranoid

Ah, I see! Yes, I'm new at this. I tried to attach a link to a picture. That must be what 'caused the problem. Thanks for the advise dude! Looks like I'm gonna have to write it again after all

My Mood
    Paranoid

Okay ...for the third time

I have an idea on how to possibly approach the movie adaptation of The Dark Tower...

Think Beowulf, - a few years old now but still an impressive lookin' movie - and the consider the advancements in CGI that have been made since then: Avatar/Life Of Pi etc. I think using CGI kinda laid over live action could really work for The Dark Tower. Not least because it will solve the problem of who will play Roland. There is only one actor that could EVER play Roland: Clint Eastwood, who is sadly too old now. Anybody else currently being discussed to play Roland would only ever be a poor substitute, through no fault of there own, it's just the way it is. Using CGI Roland can be created just how he should be - A young version of Clint in the old days, and an older, gaunter version in the latter part of the story. Exactly how Stephen King - and us - imagined him in other words. If you've seen The Man With No Name character in the movie "Rango" then you'll know what I'm saying ... I mean, that guy IS Roland right?

I also think Ron Howard should get the chance to make it. His new F1 movie "Rush" looks awesome! I'm a big F1 fan and he seems to have remained respectful and faithful to the sport (remained true if it does ya), and I think he'll stay true to The Dark Tower novels too. The last thing we need is some director trying to put his spin on things. It should be left just how it is.

For you fathers sakes!

My Mood
    Paranoid

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe this is the picture you were posting

click the "Edit post" button (at the bottom of your post) and remove one of the "http://" in the link (I can't edit your post in this forum)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38775
    In the latest Empire Podcast, Ron Howard talked about his new film, Rush, but also his ongoing plans to adapt Stephen King's magnum opus, the fantasy-science-fantasy-horror-Western series known as The Dark Tower, and a little sitcom called Arrested Development.

You can hear it all from the horse's mouth on the podcast itself, but for the audio-averse, here's a transcription of what Howard had to say about both The Dark Tower and the possible return of The Bluths.

"The Dark Tower is something that we’re still working on. We’ve all taken a vow of silence about the progress, the headway, what we think our timetable is, because I don’t think I realised how much media interest there was in the title and how much excitement there was.

"It’s a fascinating, powerful possibility and even Stephen King acknowledges it’s a tricky adaptation, but to be honest, from a financing side, it’s not a straightforward, four-quadrant, sunny superhero story – it’s dark, it’s horror. That edge is what appeals to me, the complexities of those characters is what appeals to all of us. And I think Stephen King really respects that, with [regular screenwriting collaborator] Akiva Goldsman and myself, that that’s what we love about it, and that’s what we want to try to get to the screen.

"So my answer is: it got delayed, it’s never gone away. We’re working on it, and Stephen is very patient with us, and Akiva’s just gone off and directed a movie [an adaptation of Mark Helprin’s novel, Winter’s Tale, starring Colin Farrell, Russell Crowe, Jessica Brown Findlay, Jennifer Connelly and Will Smith], I’m continuing to work, but the Dark Tower dreams – fever dreams, rather – are still there, but we’re not going to give it a timetable."

Stephen King himself appears in The Dark Tower, have you thought about how you might tackle that?

"Yes. And I will admit Stephen has said, ‘I don’t have to be in this.’ But that’s not to say that he won’t be!"

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welll.. wont be happening before AT LEAST his adaptation of Dan Brown's INFERNO, planned for release for Xmas 2015.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yo! Take that Ka, bitch!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can see that. Not physically but attitude and style wise.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with this...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aaron Paul would be great.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

He's getting too old. They better hurry up if he's gonna be able to fill the part.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://schmoesknow.com/from-the-desk...ted-in-roland/
    Wow, some good news is coming down the pike for THE DARK TOWER fans. I mean, would you look at this: just today we posted an update that Jesse Pinkman himself, Aaron Paul, is taking “a ton of meetings” on the project. A good indication that there’s some movement. It’s why everyone picked it up as news today. Rightly so.

Well, the Ka is still with us, folks. Off of this story I dropped in and spoke with The Phantom to see what they had heard (as I’m a huge fan of the books and WANT THIS MOVIE NOW!!!!) To my surprise, there is something brewing.

The Phantom drops this on me:

Ron Howard is going to make this with MRC and Imagine for around 60 million or so. And he’s likely doing this next. There’s going to be a TV series as well since it’s MRC and I’m thinking it may end up being at Netflix.

Before I could even ask them to elaborate, they had to jump off. But not before saying the most interesting part of the news… at least for me…

I hear Liam Neeson is interested.

And that was that. The Phantom was gone. So, to recap… Is Liam Neeson interested in playing Roland Deschain??? I mean, that’s the only role I can see him playing…

Also what’s cool (and becoming a very welcome trend), the possible television series going to Netflix. With Marvel sending some of their lesser known characters straight to series on Netflix, we are entering a time where juicy, geeky flavored television can be pushed to the limits of creativity and done well and (pay attention S.H.I.E.L.D.) right! The way you just can’t do on network television. I am thrilled to hear Netflix might have a DARK TOWER series.

So if all I have heard from the many sites that have reported this news before, to the tantalizing bit of casting with Aaron Paul and now, Liam Neeson AND… Ron Howard still directing… AND…. a possible Netflix series… I think we are in for one hell of an adaptation!

What do you think Schmoeville? Would you want to see Liam Neeson in Roland’s shoes with Howard framing the story? Who would be your pick if not? And who is just plain excited for a DARK TOWER movie???

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I guess I'd call this a rumor (considering the unnamed source -- who the heck is The Phantom?!), but I know that MRC was one of the funding sources who was eager to do this, so maybe...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In november, Steve told us (when being at a radio program), that they got fundings for about $75M, and they were stilll considering series with movies.
    Let's NOT FORGET that Ron Howard also has Dan Brown's INFERNO to do, with a release date for Xmas 2015!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Josh Holloway from Lost would have played a decent Eddie too...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler Ake, Ake! will become famous soon enough Ake, Ake!'s Avatar

The one rumor I do not like is Javier Bardem as Roland. Not even CLOSE to what I pictured.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

AKE AKE I agree... And by the way great name!
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Traveler Ake, Ake! will become famous soon enough Ake, Ake!'s Avatar

Thanks! I figure Oy was taken and this just came to me. Another thing about Bardem for me is that I've listened to all of the books and that accent would drive me crazy. Don't get me wrong he's a great actor. But As Eddie might say, Roland he ain't.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SirFolio16 View Post
    AKE AKE I agree... And by the way great name!
    I agree... Of course most see Clint Eastwood... I think there are many that would work. I could almost see Hugh Jackman even... There are a few...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 254 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast