Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 254 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

According to LILJA:

Bardem signed the contract! He IS ROLAND!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Bardem is a solid choice. He has the dark hero thang working and he was believable for me as a killer in No Country for Old Men. A little bit creepy too. I could see him cold bloodedly dropping Jake into the chasm in order to catch Walter. BTW, I hope my comments on Bale were not meant to be a critique of his over all work, because I loved him as the Dark Knight and in The Machinist. I just didn't like him as John Connor.

Do we know who is Walter yet?

And I am of the dissenting opinion that they keep the Wolves of the Calla IN. I liked that book. I liked the story and it was a good linkage to all the stuff with Algul Siento. Also it was really of coming of age for Jake. So I think it should stay in.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/bard...iVIZcnZgr0JGmL

Javier Bardem has officially signed an epic deal to star in the movie and TV adaptations of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" book series. The Oscar-winning actor will play Roland Deschain in the eagerly awaited Ron Howard and Brian Grazer adaptation of King's beloved seven-novel saga. It's a momentous deal because each of the three movies in the series is to be followed by a TV miniseries. A well-placed source confirmed to Page Six, "Bardem has signed on to the first movie and the miniseries, but the intention is that he will star in all three movies and each of the TV series. It's an enormous deal for any actor, but Bardem was always the first choice." The story follows "Gunslinger" Deschain as he travels through an Old West-like landscape in search of the mythical Dark Tower to save civilization. The first movie is expected to go into production in September with Howard directing.

Traveler hwvw23 is on a distinguished road hwvw23's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

yep, found that on the net too.
    Interesting choice, I'd have never thought of him as Roland, but its okay I guess. Would have liked someone with real blue eyes somehow, but I guess you can't make everyone happy.

(PS: Ron Howard, in case you read this, I got red hair, so if you look for someone who plays Brown, I got some free time DDDD)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It's gonna be weird to finally be able to put a "real" face with all these characters after all these years.

Once I watch a movie based on a book I can't help but see the actors in my mind that played those characters when I go back and read the book again. Even when the description in the book doesn't match what the actor looked like. Like Morgan Freeman playing Red in Shawshank.

Traveler CaptHowdy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that they should keep the Calla part, but I think they should shorten it, for example Callahans story.
    I think Bardem will be great, hope they find good actors for the rest of the tet too.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
    I agree that they should keep the Calla part, but I think they should shorten it, for example Callahans story.
    I think Bardem will be great, hope they find good actors for the rest of the tet too.
    I agree. The Pere story could be dropped altogether or relegated to TV easily. They would have to cover the wolves and the Calla in somefashion to maintain continuity.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/bard...iVIZcnZgr0JGmL

Javier Bardem has officially signed an epic deal to star in the movie and TV adaptations of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" book series. The Oscar-winning actor will play Roland Deschain in the eagerly awaited Ron Howard and Brian Grazer adaptation of King's beloved seven-novel saga. It's a momentous deal because each of the three movies in the series is to be followed by a TV miniseries. A well-placed source confirmed to Page Six, "Bardem has signed on to the first movie and the miniseries, but the intention is that he will star in all three movies and each of the TV series. It's an enormous deal for any actor, but Bardem was always the first choice." The story follows "Gunslinger" Deschain as he travels through an Old West-like landscape in search of the mythical Dark Tower to save civilization. The first movie is expected to go into production in September with Howard directing.
    I am happy, plus I am a little scared. I think Javier Bardem will play a very dark hero; a very dark scary Roland.

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

I just watched No Country for old men again a few nights ago (very good) Javier Bardem is great in that movie - very creepy and a stone cold killer, very much like Roland in the beginning of the series. I still can't picture JAvier as Roland though....
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No one picked up the tidbit that they'll start production in September already? Awesome.

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

I'm very happy that Javier Bardem has signed, but I'm hoping the rumoured casting of Idris Elba as Walter doesn't come to pass. He has neither the look nor the 'feel' of the man in black. I watched Inglourious Basterds the other night, and Christoph Waltz has now supplanted Peter Stormare as my first choice for the part. An amazing actor and a perfect fit.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lordmerchant View Post
    I just watched No Country for old men again a few nights ago (very good) Javier Bardem is great in that movie - very creepy and a stone cold killer, very much like Roland in the beginning of the series.
    I saw it recently too, (although I didn't take it all in, unfortunately. It seemed like the story had a way to go... then just stopped, and i realised I must have missed a bit.) I agree that Bardem was great in it though. He was even able to pull off a fairly good American accent. I say 'fairly good' as there was a bit of his own Spanish in there but just enough that wouldn't be out of place with Roland's style of speech anyway.

Ari-Racing:
    According to LILJA:

Bardem signed the contract! He IS ROLAND!
    Just to counter-balance that (not meaning to be a kill-joy!), the moderator on the Stephen King official forum stated the following:

Some of you may have seen on fan sites or other sources that Javier Bardem has signed on for the part of Roland. When I asked Steve about this yesterday afternoon, he had not been informed by anyone from the production company that that had happened and it was his opinion that until he did, we should still consider it a rumor. I've emailed the publicist at Universal to get confirmation and will report back as soon as I hear from her. Remember that the reason you may not see it here first is because we don't report rumors--we like to have the facts substantiated first especially for projects such as this.
    Source.

That's not to say it hasn't happened. I suspect it even has, but best to just take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

By Marsha, one hour ago:

I have received confirmation that Javier Bardem has signed on in principle pending final negotiations for the terms of the contract.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

BY the way...I don't quite understand what that means
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    "Show me the Money!"

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    [I saw it recently too, (although I didn't take it all in, unfortunately. It seemed like the story had a way to go... then just stopped, and i realised I must have missed a bit.) I agree that Bardem was great in it though. He was even able to pull off a fairly good American accent. I say 'fairly good' as there was a bit of his own Spanish in there but just enough that wouldn't be out of place with Roland's style of speech anyway.

Yeah but he had how many lines in the movie? 2.5?

I won't watch this anymore. Call me a self-loathing Euro but the book is in English, written by an English speaking writter, when the characters travel to Keystone Earth they travel to North America and I think the main actor (who will have to do a lot of talking) should be fluent in English.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Right; Spanish obviously has no place in North America. Obviously.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I won't watch this anymore. Call me a self-loathing Euro but the book is in English, written by an English speaking writter, when the characters travel to Keystone Earth they travel to North America and I think the main actor (who will have to do a lot of talking) should be fluent in English.
    Roland isn't exactly fluent in English either. He can't even say "tuna fish" or "asprin".

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grain_of_salt

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Right; Spanish obviously has no place in North America. Obviously.
    Because I said that. Obviously.

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Roland isn't exactly fluent in English either. He can't even say "tuna fish" or "asprin".
    This is exactly right. Kings goes to great lengths in the book to remind us that Roland is not from our world. He can't read English completely, he can't say certain words, etc. It's not out of line at all to have Roland speak with some sort of accent in the movie. And, considering the Spanish influences of Mejis, a Spanish accent would be pretty appropriate.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If Stephen King is in favor if Bardem, that's good enough for me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Path. Javier Bardem wasn't my first choice, but there's no denying that he is an incredible actor. Will the whole blue-eyed bombardier thing have to be excluded ? Yes. Can the series move on anyway ? Yes, I think it can.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    If Stephen King is in favor if Bardem, that's good enough for me.
    My thoughts exactly.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Why can't Javier have blue eyes? Any color blue they want to make them? Somehow I think turning brown eyes blue is not really a problem.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 254 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast